Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1836 1837 [1838] 1839 1840 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14483471 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #27555 on: February 19, 2013, 08:05:08 pm »

Slytherin was better in my day. None of these pretty boys depending on daddys social network to get things done, and the large stupid ones went to live in a cottage on the border of the woods rather than be admitted into school at all.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27556 on: February 19, 2013, 08:05:29 pm »

Gryffindor is the house for Stupid Good.
Slytherin is the house for Stupid Evil.
Hufflepuff is the house for cannonfodder.
Ravenclaw is the house for all the children who are just waiting for a traumatic, life-altering event to transform them into BBEG Chessmasters.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27557 on: February 19, 2013, 08:07:32 pm »

Though apparently along with hard work I think it's mentioned they were also used for miscellanea in this bit about Hogwarts history somewhere. But yeah you have a good point there Neo.

The houses are explained badly, and dropped the ball later with Slitherine, but ultimately they are all supposed to be capable of being heros and villains in their own right. As well no one from any house is devoid of any of the traits of the other houses.

Ravenclaw is the house for all the children who are just waiting for a traumatic, life-altering event to transform them into BBEG Chessmasters

Yeah this is specifically what it is not... or at least not what the author intended but what she betrayed them as.

Mind you sometimes you have to give the author a bone. For example Kingdom Hearts 2 does a REALLY botched scene where the intent is easy to see but where the scene doesn't convey it.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27558 on: February 19, 2013, 08:09:34 pm »

Mind you sometimes you have to give the author a bone. For example Kingdom Hearts 2 does a REALLY botched scene where the intent is easy to see but where the scene doesn't convey it.
Ok I have played that game and I'm wondering
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27559 on: February 19, 2013, 08:09:52 pm »

Ravenclaw is the house for all the children who are just waiting for a traumatic, life-altering event to transform them into BBEG Chessmasters

Yeah this is specifically what it is not... or at least not what the author intended but what she betrayed them as.

If an author can't competently demonstrate something within the story, I will lampoon it to the fullest extend of my heart's desire. :3

3. Run Resize Enable

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27560 on: February 19, 2013, 08:10:50 pm »

I might want to be Slytherin but I get the gnawing suspicion that most of them would vote BNP, or if in the states, Republican.

And now I'm wondering what political affiliation the other houses would have.. Hufflepuff would totally be down with blue collar and unions. Gryffindor would probably gravitate towards progressive-leaning parties. Ravenclaw would likely be aligned with academic interests and mostly not care for politics unless it directly effected their interests.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #27561 on: February 19, 2013, 08:12:34 pm »

I mentioned this on another forum, but I realized that the three heroes and Neville (who is just as important, and probably deserves to be grouped with the three) each embody one of the houses. For better and for worse.

Harry is brave and noble, but tends to rush off "to the sound of the guns" without thinking, which has led him to disaster on several occasions.
Ron is ambitious and clever, but he's a bit of a coward, and overly sensitive to others being praised instead of him.
Hermione is brilliant, hardworking, and sees things more clearly than the other three, but is arrogant, condescending, and has difficulty actually applying her knowledge to the real world at time.
Neville is loyal, trustworthy, and simply does not give up. He's also gifted with very little talent, has virtually no self-confidence, and is always in someone else's shadow.

On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27562 on: February 19, 2013, 08:14:45 pm »

I guess they needed all four base classes to finish their campaign.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27563 on: February 19, 2013, 08:14:52 pm »

The best place to stab the BBEG is from the shadow of the supposed hero, no?

Does this mean that Hufflepuffs get a class bonus to stealth skills?

3. Run Resize Enable

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27564 on: February 19, 2013, 08:15:57 pm »

Well they needed a buff to something, and it sure wasn't going to be their casting abilities.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #27565 on: February 19, 2013, 08:22:39 pm »

Yeaah, because it wasn't one of them that came out as best goddamn student in the school earlier in the series. Nope, never happened :-\

But yeah, Hufflepuff. Remember folks, the greatest trick of the Devil is to convince everyone else it doesn't exist. Of course Hufflepuff's where everyone not good enough to fit anywhere else goes. Keep telling yourself that.

Someone's going to be quietly ruling the world in the meantime, and it's not going to be either breed of idiot or the ones too smart to see what's two feet in front of them.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27566 on: February 19, 2013, 08:26:07 pm »

No sir!
Its going to be Slytherin, those ambitious assholes! And who is going to stop them, you? The good for nothing ministry? Those lousy hufflepuff students who are more likely to turn each other into tea pots than do something useful? No, we need to stand up and fight for the common good!
FIGHT FOR THE RIGHT TO ADD FLUORITE TO WATER!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27567 on: February 19, 2013, 08:58:44 pm »

Neville Longbottom was in fact the real savior of the wizarding world. He was trained from birth to be a spy, assassin, saboteur, and manipulator, in order to bring about Voldemort's death. Potter was a double-blind intended to draw attention away from Longbottom. In order to carry out his task, he disguised himself as a clumsy yet loyal sidekick to his tools. Every event in the series was orchestrated according to his plans, all resulting in the moment where he could strike down Voldemort's final Horcrux. Ladies and gentlemen, Neville Longbottom was in fact a genius planner on par with any of the other notables you may think of. He even managed to pull it off without ever blowing his cover or resorting to a Thanatos gambit.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 09:00:58 pm by Flying Dice »

3. Run Resize Enable

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #27568 on: February 19, 2013, 09:07:46 pm »

Except Neville was a Gryf. What you're actually looking at is a triple-blind done by Cedric, who faked his death at the obvious moment.

And Cedric was perhaps the most inept Hufflepuff of the series, honestly. They actually knew he was a capable wizard. His ploy to deal with Voldemort was merely the Hufflepuff equivalent of make-up work.

Honestly, Earth is one of their smaller projects.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #27569 on: February 19, 2013, 09:12:28 pm »

And of course, all Hufflepuffs come from Luxembourg...
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 1836 1837 [1838] 1839 1840 ... 11037