Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 821 822 [823] 824 825 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14513869 times)

AntiAntiMatter

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm back
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #12330 on: July 14, 2012, 08:02:20 am »

Finding out about the existence of transethnic people. That is, people who identify as an ethnicity that they are not. A similar subculture/phenomenon apparently exists with disabilities as well.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 08:05:36 am by AntiAntiMatter »
[/post]

Kilroy the Grand

• Bay Watcher
  • I only want to give you a small kiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #12331 on: July 14, 2012, 08:17:56 am »

Finding out about the existence of transethnic people. That is, people who identify as an ethnicity that they are not. A similar subculture/phenomenon apparently exists with disabilities as well.
You think thats weird? Did you know some people actually believe they they are dragons, unicorns, elves, chupacabra and even anime characters?
Q: What is the difference between Otherkin and Furries?
A: Sites that lay claim to the furry lifestyle being but just one of the broad spectrum of Otherkin. While the two communities do have some things in common, and some Otherkin may also identify as furries, many tend to shy away and even attempt to distance themselves from the furry genre. Among the Otherkin communities, putting on costumes to represent your True Form (which furries are well known for at conventions) is seen as a cruel and shallow misrepresentation of the true beauty of our souls. It would be like a vampire kin putting in plastic, cereal box fangs and going around with a bad Bela Lugosi accent. While we certainly respect gentler, milder forms of the furry community, because we understand their feelings of being an othersoul, again, we tend to shy away from the more flamboyant members of this community.
http://main.otherkinalliance.org/faq/about-otherkin/

It's basically a bunch of hipster furries sperging on how special and unique they are.
*pew* *blam* "Aughgghggurglegurgle..." *slither* *slither* *pit* *pat* *tap* *click-click* *BOOM* "Aiiieeegurgle gurgle..."
X-com meets Dwarf Fortress

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12332 on: July 14, 2012, 08:21:04 am »

They told me I could be anything... :)

(no offense to trans-whatever people. They can identify as martians for all I care. It's cool by me)

It's basically a bunch of hipster furries sperging on how special and unique they are.
Just need to stick "special snowflake" in there and you've got one of the biggest collection of meaningless insults ever :P
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 08:23:55 am by kaijyuu »
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Kilroy the Grand

• Bay Watcher
  • I only want to give you a small kiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #12333 on: July 14, 2012, 08:35:25 am »

They told me I could be anything... :)

(no offense to trans-whatever people. They can identify as martians for all I care. It's cool by me)

Just need to stick "special snowflake" in there and you've got one of the biggest collection of meaningless insults ever :P
Sorry, I suppose I should have added in LARPer in there too (but they have some dignity). I honestly don't believe they actually think they are elves and griffons, but that's just me. The entire thing reeks of bad OCs.
*pew* *blam* "Aughgghggurglegurgle..." *slither* *slither* *pit* *pat* *tap* *click-click* *BOOM* "Aiiieeegurgle gurgle..."
X-com meets Dwarf Fortress

AntiAntiMatter

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm back
    • View Profile
« Reply #12334 on: July 14, 2012, 08:42:16 am »

You think thats weird? Did you know some people actually believe they they are dragons, unicorns, elves, chupacabra and even anime characters?
--snip--
I was already aware of the existence of otherkin, actually. I am WTFing at transabled and transethnic people because I was only recently made aware of them. This is the "Things that made you go "WTF?" today" thread, after all.
[/post]

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12335 on: July 14, 2012, 08:43:55 am »

You think thats weird? Did you know some people actually believe they they are [...] anime characters?
Cosplayers?

AntiAntiMatter

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm back
    • View Profile
« Reply #12336 on: July 14, 2012, 08:48:22 am »

You think thats weird? Did you know some people actually believe they they are [...] anime characters?
Cosplayers?
No, those are people who pretend to be anime characters. Kilroy is referring to people who go online and post about how they actually are those anime characters.
[/post]

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12337 on: July 14, 2012, 09:06:26 am »

Cross-posted from the Rage thread, since it works for both.
Ugh. So a surfer gets killed by a shark and the authorities decide it's a great idea to hunt it down and kill it.
Seriously, the guy's paddling around way out in the water, a shark takes offence and noms him, and suddenly everyone is horrified that it would do such a thing? ??? Uh, it's a shark?
It's not like, gosh, there might be anything dangerous out in the middle of the fucking ocean! ::)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12338 on: July 14, 2012, 09:35:03 am »

Yeah, alternate dimensions and whatnot. They think they're reincarnations and stuff like that.

I don't care since it's significantly less bogus than most mainstream religions (those claim something falsifiable and stick to their guns in the face of contrary evidence), and the concept is pretty much the same.

And LARPers have no dignity. They do have guts and zero sense of shame, though :D
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12339 on: July 14, 2012, 09:37:11 am »

Are you the LARPers aren't some scheme to produce anti-dignity to explode other people's dignity with? 8)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12340 on: July 14, 2012, 10:53:00 am »

Atheism is a religion. And atheists, time and time again, take away the religious liberty of Christians in order to promote their false religion.
from this
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The new warehouse manager said that yesterday. More to come in the Rage thread!
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #12341 on: July 14, 2012, 11:15:22 am »

Well, atheism is not a religion because
Quote from: Wikipedia
Religion is a collection of cultural systems, belief systems, and worldviews that relate humanity to spirituality and, sometimes, to moral values.

And i'm quite sure that atheists dont "relate humanity to spirituality".

Just randomly pointing that out here. Not actually contributing to any kind of discussion.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12342 on: July 14, 2012, 11:22:33 am »

It's definition confusion. Atheism is certainly an opinion about all that junk (that it doesn't exist), but it's not an assertion promoting the existence of any of it.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #12343 on: July 14, 2012, 12:15:20 pm »

Atheism is a religion. And atheists, time and time again, take away the religious liberty of Christians in order to promote their false religion.
from this
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The new warehouse manager said that yesterday. More to come in the Rage thread!
The funny thing is, Atheism would make a great religion. Mainly because it'd not really promote anything... It'd be like a horde of apathetic zealots converging upon random patches of land to awkwardly talk about nothing in particular.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12344 on: July 14, 2012, 12:20:23 pm »

Naw, that'd be more stereotypically agnostic. Stereotypically atheist would be very, very passionate about nothing.
Pages: 1 ... 821 822 [823] 824 825 ... 11037