Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 820 821 [822] 823 824 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14513196 times)

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #12315 on: July 13, 2012, 08:08:19 pm »

Wasn't the Nostalgia Critic review of it awesome?

I showed my mother the part where Critic puts alien words and captions into one scene. She laughed fucking hard.

And she never laughs at stupid internet shit.
WOOD!

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12316 on: July 13, 2012, 09:30:59 pm »

@water weak aliens

It was a really long time ago when I saw Signs so I don't remember to clearly but were they actually weak to the water or was it the bacteria ect inside it that killed them?

The water melted them. It was acidic to them. Which is very absurd.

The one where bacteria killed the aliens was War of the Worlds. The old version. I don't believe they ever made a remake, especially not with a batshit insane scientologist as the lead. [/discontinuity] Goddamn Tom Cruise.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #12317 on: July 13, 2012, 10:20:48 pm »

@water weak aliens

It was a really long time ago when I saw Signs so I don't remember to clearly but were they actually weak to the water or was it the bacteria ect inside it that killed them?

The one where bacteria killed the aliens was War of the Worlds. The old version. I don't believe they ever made a remake, especially not with a batshit insane scientologist as the lead. [/discontinuity] Goddamn Tom Cruise.
That's a very basic mistake.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Lord Inquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12318 on: July 13, 2012, 11:05:31 pm »

http://news.sky.com/story/959207/scientologists-buy-huge-hollywood-tv-studio

scientologists buy a TV studio so their made for a bet religion can brainwash even more noobs.
And give cruise more roles to play in.
http://cataclysm.tiddlyspot.com/index.html Cataclysm Roguelike game Tiddlywiki mostly out of date
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113337.0 Who makes alcohol? do you? post here then.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12319 on: July 13, 2012, 11:08:33 pm »

Mars Attacks! was much more plausible.  They killed the aliens with terrible American country music.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12320 on: July 13, 2012, 11:09:05 pm »

@water weak aliens

Which part? Acidic, denying the War of the World remake, or insulting Tom Cruise/Scientology? Or the mistake of thinking signs water weak aliens were weak to the bacteria?
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #12321 on: July 13, 2012, 11:24:53 pm »

@water weak aliens

Which part? Acidic, denying the War of the World remake, or insulting Tom Cruise/Scientology? Or the mistake of thinking signs water weak aliens were weak to the bacteria?
...it's a pun, Hans.
くコ:彡

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12322 on: July 13, 2012, 11:26:25 pm »

http://dagobah.net/flash/Struttin.swf

Also made me giggle a little bit.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #12323 on: July 14, 2012, 02:24:27 am »

Does anyone know a movie where at the end, one of the astronauts/whatevers end up in a white place with water trickling in? I think he was laughing while the water came up to his head. And another became something more, maybe like an alien too? My dad was seeing one such movie when I was young, and I'm really curious which one it was. He doesn't remember, so ... >.>
I've been wondering for quite a while.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12324 on: July 14, 2012, 04:06:22 am »

I think something like that happens in "Mission to Mars" when one of the astronauts elects to go with the aliens as opposed to back to Earth after gaining access to the face in Cydonia.

Mind you, it kind of happens early on in Abyss when the underwater breathing systems are introduced...
This is a blank sig.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12325 on: July 14, 2012, 04:55:39 am »

Never mind this.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 02:46:18 pm by Lectorog »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12326 on: July 14, 2012, 04:59:11 am »

If we're helping each other remember forgotten movies, well, there's one which has been bugging me for years!

Anyone got any ideas? That came out far less coherent than I intended. Oh well. :-\
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #12327 on: July 14, 2012, 05:03:49 am »

Sounds like some Stephen King generic story.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #12328 on: July 14, 2012, 05:17:15 am »

32 posts in a day. How has this happened? My average is 3.6.

32 is nothing.

And no, i didnt edit the image to have that number.
You made me check my profile for it xD
Check the quote in my sig for more PPD-related WTF-ery.
I just usually don't post that much. That's almost 10 times my average, and I'm here every day. No forum games or DF posts either, only GD and Other Games.
7.9 PPD isn't too much. Depends mostly on where you post. Darvi and Loud Whispers are insane, though.
God, i somehow managed to read that as 7 thousand and nine hundered.
>.<

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12329 on: July 14, 2012, 08:01:09 am »

If we're helping each other remember forgotten movies, well, there's one which has been bugging me for years!

Anyone got any ideas? That came out far less coherent than I intended. Oh well. :-\

Sounds like the Dogs Day anime. They can have war yet noone dies unless something messes with the barriers or something.
Pages: 1 ... 820 821 [822] 823 824 ... 11037