Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7904 7905 [7906] 7907 7908 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14503636 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #118575 on: February 23, 2017, 06:24:07 pm »

Odd trivia: Some people lose their Y chromosome in some of their cells as they age. It isn't directly pathological, but it IS linked to a higher risk of several pathologies.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #118576 on: February 23, 2017, 07:30:39 pm »

Random episodes of interest in things currently illegal for me, and sometimes anyone, to consume. Not sure if bored teenager or something else :)
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #118577 on: February 23, 2017, 07:38:52 pm »

Most things that are illegal to consume also have very real side effects.

The alteration of consciousness can be a unique experience, but its not really required or missed.

Its funny.  You would only miss/know it if you had it.  If you didnt you would never need it.  Its not really a road that needs to be traveled.  The allure is usually as much about the taboo as the high, and you risk some form of permanent damage or dealing with the process of addiction or withdrawl.  And not all addictions are physcial.

Go have some nice sex with somebody or something.  Go bungee jump or something.  The endorphins in your own body can do just as well and are just as addicting as a substance you have to introduce artificially.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #118578 on: February 23, 2017, 07:43:31 pm »

Pff, I was agreeing to you up to the sex part.  Now *that's* something that people can do without.  Very disappointing, considering the hype.
Yes, even once I figured out my orientation.
Alcohol is disappointing too, and habit-forming, but sex isn't some magic life-affirming occurrence.  At least not for everyone.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118579 on: February 23, 2017, 07:45:10 pm »

I happen to like the chase more than the kill, if you get my drift.  Tantric.
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #118580 on: February 23, 2017, 07:46:15 pm »

YOU MUST INCREASE YOUR SKILL IN THE SNU SNU

PROPERLY PERFORMED SNU SNU IS A MEMORABLE THING
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #118581 on: February 23, 2017, 07:53:22 pm »

My first time was a positive experience that I remember very fondly even though the relationship didn't work out in the end.

That said, that's my unique combination of experiences leading up to the event, my perception (memory) of the event itself, all the feelings and opinions I've acquired about sex and my own sexuality, the place I was at in my life at that moment, my feelings for the other person, and a whole lot of other ways to say "your mileage may vary."

Whatever you feel, don't feel bad for feeling it, basically. Everybody's different, people are people, including you.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #118582 on: February 23, 2017, 08:03:49 pm »

Imo sex is like money in that when you finally get it, you realize that the high wears off quickly and you had more fun pursuing it than getting it, and that in an effort to pursue it to excess you're wasting your life down a path of self-destruction. Yet you can't live without it without becoming an ascetic monk, thus you must find the middle way - amusingly, this is what marriage is, the fusion of passion with business, of tempering sex and money

Also honestly I don't think we should excise shame from the human consciousness. A lot of people come up with dumb ideas and shame helps them learn from their mistakes, take away such a basic human emotion and then you end up with furries and bronies, the cycle going on and on, getting dodgier and dodgier. Hedonism is a shit philosophy and it produces Romans

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #118583 on: February 23, 2017, 08:10:52 pm »

I agree but only because it's hard to be properly hedonist without shame.  Shame:  An endangered resource!
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #118584 on: February 23, 2017, 08:19:34 pm »

Well, you wouldn't be a good hedonist if you were ashamed about it. :P

Seriously though, as much as people make a big deal about people's natural shame instinct being used as a vector for bullying and abuse, it's one of the most useful emotions for creating productive members of society. Shame gets people out of the house so they don't have to say that they live with their parents, for just one example. The shame of being unemployed makes people get jobs, if not the direct benefit of being paid.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118585 on: February 23, 2017, 08:25:57 pm »

shame is a tool.

the power it has aside, if you dont use it another will.

shame can be productive, but it can also be used for waste

how you direct your shame says alot about you
PKs DF Mod!

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #118586 on: February 23, 2017, 08:27:39 pm »

Hedonism is a shit philosophy and it produces Romans
I came, I saw, I conquered. Not necessarily in that order.

Anyway, people often fall into the trap of sexual banalization that is hidden in modern western society. I too ventured the lands of egotistical sexual pursuit, but that is a path that is as full of disappointment as it is full of thrills.
Its interesting though, at first you're young and stupid, and you're just searching for the act, as if its some sort of magical ritual which will elevate you into something else. Then you become less stupid, and you start to get to some actual pleasure, which is the pursuit itself. I derived quite a bit of pleasure out of seduction, but when the act itself came, well, it was ok, but it felt disappointing. It was the end of a game I enjoyed, because I had already conquered what I wanted, since what I really wanted was to see if I could make that one person I once found interesting do things I could not initially imagine them doing. That is also a very unhealthy thing in the long run, and causes you to hurt a lot of people who were more invested in it than you were.

And then I found my girlfriend and I found true realization, because at this time, I was not worried about my own pleasure anymore. Its really interesting how the focus shifted. I was now far more worried about how much of a good time I was providing to my partner, and the feeling became mutual. We truly got to know and enjoy eachother.

When you start to derive pleasure just out of the fact you're giving pleasure to someone you truly love, thats when you find out that all those fancyful stories of great sex weren't a mystical ramblings created for playboy articles after all. You get pleasure from giving pleasure, and that creates a feeling of fulfillment that I wouldn't trade for anything else. Everything that comes before, during it, and after become part of the whole experience, and a true part of your life.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 08:30:59 pm by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #118587 on: February 23, 2017, 08:30:28 pm »

I agree but only because it's hard to be properly hedonist without shame.  Shame:  An endangered resource!
Nah, there's always room to go further. Say you're on a rollercoaster that has a sick loop de loop. Constant repeated ride on the loop de loop eventually renders it mundane and ordinary, the thrill gone. Thus one must ride even more loop de loops and even more hardcore loop de loops with sick vertical drops to get the same sorta thrill

A more basic example would be drugs and sex. In absence of shame, it becomes a good idea to have meth orgies non-stop for days in a row. I always judge major cities on two prime criteria: Their history, and their seedy underbelly. And by Jove, are their seedy underbellies rich and full of strange examples of why pleasure and pain are not good substitutes for morality. Hilarious in ways though, tragic in others, from the intrepid scientists figuring out how many thousands of marbles they can fit in their arse, to the absolutely unspeakable that is just completely not worth mentioning. Shit like the guy who got cooked alive via electric orgy

Altivera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118588 on: February 23, 2017, 09:20:40 pm »

First Post in a long time. Apparently there is a sex mod for Rimworld. Includes includes bionic genitals,STDs,and the raping of prisoners.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118589 on: February 23, 2017, 09:33:56 pm »

First Post in a long time. Apparently there is a sex mod for Rimworld. Includes includes bionic genitals,STDs,and the raping of prisoners.

...That's worse than Ob[REDACTED]od.

I knew there was a mod that added "genital parts" for combat/mating purposes(ie, get shot in the 'nads, pawn loses the ability to cuddle with lover), but I don't think it has all that. And that's saying nothing of the monstergirl mods, which are certainly not *cough* first on my list of mods to download once I decide start playing Rimworld with mods(still playing vanilla).
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 7904 7905 [7906] 7907 7908 ... 11037