Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7903 7904 [7905] 7906 7907 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14502885 times)

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #118560 on: February 23, 2017, 01:45:12 pm »

Apparently a huffpost writer got busted for cheating at a half marathon in Fort Lauderdale. She was confronted by a judge after they checked her timing chip and the data pointed out that she apparently had sped up halfway through the course, a part in which pretty much all runners slow down to save energy for the final mile. She got second place.

She was later busted by a guy known for busting cheaters in marathons. Apparently he checked the photo of her crossing the finish line and expanded it so he could see the numbers in her watch (which tracks the number of miles ran by GPS), and the watch showed about 1.45 miles less than the lenght of the whole course.

She maintained her claim of inocence until all the evidence was brought against her, and would later admit that she did take shortcuts during the race and later in the day biked the whole course in order to create a fake gps signature that she could then post on Strava, a social network dedicated to such things.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #118561 on: February 23, 2017, 01:48:24 pm »

It hasn't been because nobody wants to. That's nearly on the level of "what would happen if Ranma got pregnant as a girl and then turned back into a boy?"
... well, official answer, yes. Unofficial, fanfics roll with that premise rather a lot. Not the most uncommon prompt, though usually it's him getting stuck rather than swapping back.

Disturbingly, I seem to remember at least one or two of them are actually pretty well written. Can't even begin to recall the name, though, and I'm not going to go looking, either.
Meant more as the creator's attitude. Of course there are fans who want to know, for one reason or another.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118562 on: February 23, 2017, 02:00:46 pm »

Storms that screw with things just enough to make everyone take breaks but not enough to hurt anyone severely are the best storms.
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #118563 on: February 23, 2017, 02:43:40 pm »

Hydraulic Press Channel attempting to crush Adamantium.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118564 on: February 23, 2017, 03:01:42 pm »

Found a site that sells video game-related stuffs, but it seems to deal in wholesale? Has anyone else shopped from Hexir.com? I think I found a gaming keyboard(among other things like a Mawile plushie I suddenly want) that looks like a good replacement for my current keyboard.

Hydraulic Press Channel attempting to crush Adamantium.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That was actually rather funny.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #118565 on: February 23, 2017, 03:12:39 pm »

my wtf today is that i went and watched jojos adventure.

bizarre indeed.  so something something mask something something magic trick something something plot holes.

but still entertaining.  nazi robot for mvp
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118566 on: February 23, 2017, 03:20:19 pm »

*Cut because my browser returned me to the wrong thread.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #118567 on: February 23, 2017, 05:30:11 pm »

This leads to him getting pregnant with himself.

Now I wonder, is this even possible? Say, as a male, produce some sperm, then by some means completely change to female(complete with working reproductive organs), then inseminates themself, is it biologically possible to produce offspring? Would said offspring be essentially a clone of the parent?

It is possible, in fact there are scientists working on it (in principle, you take the DNA out of a sperm and put it in an empty egg cell, then fertilize that egg with another sperm.).  The child will not be a clone, in fact there is a 25% chance of a man's DNA recombining to produce a daughter, if both sperm carry his X chromosome (although a woman cannot produce a male child this way, since she has no Y chromosome).  The child also has a high chance of manifesting any recessive traits of the truly single father, like blue eyes or Tay-Sachs disease.

That's also a 25% chance of 2 Y chromosomes and that dosent end well. Even if you can make a baby that way its basicaly double incest.
so.. yea.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118568 on: February 23, 2017, 05:31:46 pm »

Cousin's getting married, and he and his fiance decided to have a small wedding with immediate family only, just parents and siblings. Except for her family, which even far extended members were invited.

I don't care to go anyways, but what a terrible thing to do after having already sent out invitations to us; to turn around and say our side of the family can't come.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118569 on: February 23, 2017, 05:40:59 pm »

This leads to him getting pregnant with himself.

Now I wonder, is this even possible? Say, as a male, produce some sperm, then by some means completely change to female(complete with working reproductive organs), then inseminates themself, is it biologically possible to produce offspring? Would said offspring be essentially a clone of the parent?

It is possible, in fact there are scientists working on it (in principle, you take the DNA out of a sperm and put it in an empty egg cell, then fertilize that egg with another sperm.).  The child will not be a clone, in fact there is a 25% chance of a man's DNA recombining to produce a daughter, if both sperm carry his X chromosome (although a woman cannot produce a male child this way, since she has no Y chromosome).  The child also has a high chance of manifesting any recessive traits of the truly single father, like blue eyes or Tay-Sachs disease.

That's also a 25% chance of 2 Y chromosomes and that dosent end well. Even if you can make a baby that way its basicaly double incest.
so.. yea.

Due to the way human chromossomes are distributed among sexes, a YY human being is impossible under any other circunstance than what has been suggested here. So it would make an interesting subject to study, at the very least.

If this is anything to go by, XYY humans do not show any significant difference in behavior in comparison to normal humans, they just tend to grow faster and a little bigger. XXX and XXY ones are much worse off, being severely mentally handicapped in comparison to the average XX or XY human.

That is, assuming that one can even create life using only Y chromossomes. All we know is that the X chromossome seems necessary for (human) life as we know it. A YY combination might not even generate anything.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 05:46:13 pm by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #118570 on: February 23, 2017, 06:05:21 pm »

Hollywoods Greatest Trick

It's equal parts sad, wtf and rage. For all the outrage that happened over the whole Life of Pi shitshow at the oscars a few years back, nothing actually changed..
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Edmus

• Bay Watcher
  • Powerful toasting since 1893!
    • View Profile
« Reply #118571 on: February 23, 2017, 06:05:29 pm »

Judging by the horrible genetic diseases males get with only one X chromosome I'm willing to bet YY wouldn't be viable. X DNA seems too important.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #118572 on: February 23, 2017, 06:14:33 pm »

Judging by the horrible genetic diseases males get with only one X chromosome I'm willing to bet YY wouldn't be viable. X DNA seems too important.
You are quite correct, in humans anyway. Y chromosome is not really functional as a complement to X, it's almost entirely a Chromosome What Makes You Male in terms of functionality, whereas the genes on X handles a bunch of stuff outside of that.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #118573 on: February 23, 2017, 06:17:00 pm »

I wouldnt trade my Y for a million XXs.

>.>
<.<

Unless they were a million paired XXs of others.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118574 on: February 23, 2017, 06:19:20 pm »

I'm ok with being a XY male :v, given how bad things seem to be for XXY ones.
Pages: 1 ... 7903 7904 [7905] 7906 7907 ... 11037