Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7902 7903 [7904] 7905 7906 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14502823 times)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #118545 on: February 23, 2017, 12:26:34 am »

A friend asked me some DnD questions that I did not know the answer to.  Specifically what happens to the baby when the mother is effected by a polymorph spell.

I told them that it never came up, but I would assume the child would be fine unless something extreme happens like the mother being turned into some egg laying critter or a slime or giving birth while polymorphed or something.

Out of curiosity I looked it up, and there seems to be more than a few debates about that kind of thing.  I would have assumed with how many different rulebooks were out there for the most obscure things, the topic would have been covered officially somewhere by now.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #118546 on: February 23, 2017, 12:45:47 am »

It hasn't been because nobody wants to. That's nearly on the level of "what would happen if Ranma got pregnant as a girl and then turned back into a boy?"

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #118547 on: February 23, 2017, 12:51:06 am »

I kinda dislike the War Cant of Mars because I know the Blood On the Risers too well so the lyrics just confuse me because they aren't what I expect.
Boltgun I liked more, especially since I always toyed with the idea of Wild West Wh40k.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118548 on: February 23, 2017, 03:47:32 am »

sexbots
There's a noble in the gaunt's ghosts series in vervunhive whom it's implied screws one of his servitors. So there that is.

I told them that it never came up, but I would assume the child would be fine unless something extreme happens like the mother being turned into some egg laying critter or a slime or giving birth while polymorphed or something.
The child is shunted 20d6 feet in a random direction and takes damage.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #118549 on: February 23, 2017, 06:38:47 am »

The child goes wherever said transmutees skin mites, bacterial fauna and flora goes and returns with them when the spell is through. If we accept the premise that all cells are alive and restored as was upon changeback then i don't see why it would be different for another group of cells in the body.

/overthink
Love, scriver~

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #118550 on: February 23, 2017, 07:12:18 am »

Unrelated, but that reminds me of that one episode of Misfits where the black guy discovers he gets crazy great orgasms if he masturbates and then changes into a female and masturbates again. This leads to him getting pregnant with himself.

That show had some disturbing black humor going on, was still great tho.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #118551 on: February 23, 2017, 07:42:14 am »

Show was better when robert sheehan was on it, then he went full retard and didn't come back for the other seasons. I never came to it.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118552 on: February 23, 2017, 07:46:07 am »

This leads to him getting pregnant with himself.

Now I wonder, is this even possible? Say, as a male, produce some sperm, then by some means completely change to female(complete with working reproductive organs), then inseminates themself, is it biologically possible to produce offspring? Would said offspring be essentially a clone of the parent?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #118553 on: February 23, 2017, 07:48:10 am »

Aren't there some animals capable of doing that, under specific dire circunstances? I know some types of lizards/frogs/fishes can actualy change sex and breed if there isn't enough males or females around.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #118554 on: February 23, 2017, 07:57:31 am »

It hasn't been because nobody wants to. That's nearly on the level of "what would happen if Ranma got pregnant as a girl and then turned back into a boy?"
... well, official answer, yes. Unofficial, fanfics roll with that premise rather a lot. Not the most uncommon prompt, though usually it's him getting stuck rather than swapping back.

Disturbingly, I seem to remember at least one or two of them are actually pretty well written. Can't even begin to recall the name, though, and I'm not going to go looking, either.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #118555 on: February 23, 2017, 10:01:56 am »

It wwouldn't (necessarily) be a clone.  Meiosis results in haploid cells and recombination during the process means that even those wont be identical to each other.  Sooo... your self-incestuous offspring would not be identical to each other or you

I think some hermaphrodites can actually self fecundate.  You could conceivably do the same in humans using ipsc technology - at the very least some years ago sperm and eggs were derived from two male mice resulting in viable offspring, so it's not far--fetched to derive both from the same individual.  (The real question is why would you want to do this...)
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #118556 on: February 23, 2017, 10:49:19 am »

This leads to him getting pregnant with himself.

Now I wonder, is this even possible? Say, as a male, produce some sperm, then by some means completely change to female(complete with working reproductive organs), then inseminates themself, is it biologically possible to produce offspring? Would said offspring be essentially a clone of the parent?

It is possible, in fact there are scientists working on it (in principle, you take the DNA out of a sperm and put it in an empty egg cell, then fertilize that egg with another sperm.).  The child will not be a clone, in fact there is a 25% chance of a man's DNA recombining to produce a daughter, if both sperm carry his X chromosome (although a woman cannot produce a male child this way, since she has no Y chromosome).  The child also has a high chance of manifesting any recessive traits of the truly single father, like blue eyes or Tay-Sachs disease.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #118557 on: February 23, 2017, 11:19:06 am »

Just remembered some cream soda I really liked. Went to see the price on Amazon.

You can buy one bottle for £4.49 (which isn't cheap)

Or you can buy four for the low, low price of £432.08
Looks like a business opportunity here, you should buy them individually and sell them in bulk for slightly lower price than the 4-pack :v
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #118558 on: February 23, 2017, 12:27:07 pm »

Heavy storm over here already cancelled more than 100 flights at Schiphol airport, and toppled cargo trucks on our major highways. Apparently it's a force 10 heavy storm at our coast. I live quite a ways inland, but dang, I'm happy I don't have to go anywhere today. Storms are nice. When you're inside your comfy house.

I hear the storm passed over the UK earlier, blacking out parts of North Ireland, Wales, and the north of England, and killing a lady in Wolverhampton.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118559 on: February 23, 2017, 01:24:40 pm »

My virus scanner has been running by itself for some reason. It's complaining of things like "my add-ons are bad"(which aren't, I checked) and my settings are not set of optimum performance. I just updated the program, and it asked me to restart, with an option postpone and remind me later. One of the options for later is "next century".
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 7902 7903 [7904] 7905 7906 ... 11037