Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7905 7906 [7907] 7908 7909 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14503690 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #118590 on: February 23, 2017, 09:38:17 pm »

rimworld:. how doesit stack up to df?

and if i can already kick rump w/df (cuz you cant spell 'Fun' without 'u' and the diff curve of df was passed long ago) why bother with gnomori-world clones if df?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Altivera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118591 on: February 23, 2017, 09:44:12 pm »

First Post in a long time. Apparently there is a sex mod for Rimworld. Includes includes bionic genitals,STDs,and the raping of prisoners.

...That's worse than Ob[REDACTED]od.

I knew there was a mod that added "genital parts" for combat/mating purposes(ie, get shot in the 'nads, pawn loses the ability to cuddle with lover), but I don't think it has all that. And that's saying nothing of the monstergirl mods, which are certainly not *cough* first on my list of mods to download once I decide start playing Rimworld with mods(still playing vanilla).
Nah That was Fluffy's Bird and Bees mod. It's another mod made by an anon on 4chan. It got taken down on the nexus due to the rape. Just type in rimjobworld or look at the rimworld thread on /vg/.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #118592 on: February 23, 2017, 09:47:57 pm »

rimworld:. how doesit stack up to df?

and if i can already kick rump w/df (cuz you cant spell 'Fun' without 'u' and the diff curve of df was passed long ago) why bother with gnomori-world clones if df?
It's hard to compare. There are no functional z-levels, but by that same token combat is more varied and hard to stack in your favor. There's random events that stop people from totally turtling inside a mountain, and if you block yourself off enemies will just mine right on in to your base. Cannabalism is a much more viable tactic; 100-200 man tribal raids provide a large amount of meat. In a lot of aspects the games are mirrors of each other, but in others they're nothing a like. Honestly, if you're not sure watch a few YouTube videos and if it doesn't look like it's your thing don't buy it. I will reccomend it however because it's one of my favorite games :)
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118593 on: February 23, 2017, 10:02:48 pm »

-snip-
It's interesting because I only had the second kind, even though I've still got the fascination with the first.
So when a relationship begins to get sour I feel like it's an obligation to give pleasure (and usually before it gets sour it's a competition), so I find it a real release to be able to think selfishly for once.
Or found. I decided I probably wasn't great boyfriend material after that point.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #118594 on: February 24, 2017, 01:39:07 am »

I find myself unable to use images on the forum anymore. I don't know what it is, but links to-from image hosting sites don't seem to work like they used to. Has something changed? Is there something else I need to do to use images?

Well, you wouldn't be a good hedonist if you were ashamed about it. :P

Seriously though, as much as people make a big deal about people's natural shame instinct being used as a vector for bullying and abuse, it's one of the most useful emotions for creating productive members of society. Shame gets people out of the house so they don't have to say that they live with their parents, for just one example. The shame of being unemployed makes people get jobs, if not the direct benefit of being paid.
shame is a tool.

the power it has aside, if you dont use it another will.

shame can be productive, but it can also be used for waste

how you direct your shame says alot about you
Shame? Or guilt? Or both? They are distinct.

Shame is something society inflicts on you. You can internalize it, but a person who has never met another human could not feel shame. Guilt is something you feel regardless of whether society approves. No one is ever feels guilty because they are naked, you can only ever be ashamed of nakedness. Meanwhile you can't feel shame when something is socially-recommended (I'm thinking of a caste system, but obviously it applies to a lot), but you can feel guilt about it.
Hedonism is a shit philosophy and it produces Romans
Oh no. "Romans" he says. How terrible.

And then I found my girlfriend and I found true realization, because at this time, I was not worried about my own pleasure anymore. Its really interesting how the focus shifted. I was now far more worried about how much of a good time I was providing to my partner, and the feeling became mutual. We truly got to know and enjoy eachother.

When you start to derive pleasure just out of the fact you're giving pleasure to someone you truly love, thats when you find out that all those fancyful stories of great sex weren't a mystical ramblings created for playboy articles after all. You get pleasure from giving pleasure, and that creates a feeling of fulfillment that I wouldn't trade for anything else. Everything that comes before, during it, and after become part of the whole experience, and a true part of your life.
Ok. In almost all of the sex I've had in life (with one particular, selfish exception) I spend my time being very worried about whether I am doing enough and worried about my partner's pleasure. They enjoy it a lot, but I didn't, at all; I was fine with that for a while, because my aim was making them feel good. But with time it became tiring and tedious. Work. And so eventually, I withdrew from having sex altogether.

So fit me into your pattern. I know that part of it is that the harder I focus, the harder it is to enjoy anything. Can't relax, have to focus. But that's just work, not fun. And it doesn't matter what my partner does because I'm too focused on making them happy to let them make me happy. And so the thought comes to me: "just relax". But of course one cannot simply make yourself relax, anymore than you can make yourself think deeply.

It's been a while since I thought about this...
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118595 on: February 24, 2017, 03:05:22 am »

What was the one particular selfish exception like though?
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #118596 on: February 24, 2017, 03:42:29 am »

I agree but only because it's hard to be properly hedonist without shame.  Shame:  An endangered resource!
Nah, there's always room to go further. Say you're on a rollercoaster that has a sick loop de loop. Constant repeated ride on the loop de loop eventually renders it mundane and ordinary, the thrill gone. Thus one must ride even more loop de loops and even more hardcore loop de loops with sick vertical drops to get the same sorta thrill

A more basic example would be drugs and sex. In absence of shame, it becomes a good idea to have meth orgies non-stop for days in a row. I always judge major cities on two prime criteria: Their history, and their seedy underbelly. And by Jove, are their seedy underbellies rich and full of strange examples of why pleasure and pain are not good substitutes for morality. Hilarious in ways though, tragic in others, from the intrepid scientists figuring out how many thousands of marbles they can fit in their arse, to the absolutely unspeakable that is just completely not worth mentioning. Shit like the guy who got cooked alive via electric orgy
I can think of a number of reasons meth-fueled orgies for days on end are bad ideas other than shame

Also shame culture vs. guilt culture.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #118597 on: February 24, 2017, 06:55:08 am »

shame.  guilt is guilt.

shame is how society (re)forms.

to be given shame is to be expected to react
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118598 on: February 24, 2017, 07:26:27 am »

Except when people don't come out of the closet because they're ashamed to be gay or commit suicide because they're ashamed of their PTSD.
Powerful force but not always a positive one.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #118599 on: February 24, 2017, 07:42:21 am »

Shame should then be counterbalanced by it's positive, pride. Not pride in the biblical, haughtier and holier than thou sort of way, but to know that what you're doing is right and feeling like you can say yes, that happened. And it was good for all.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118600 on: February 24, 2017, 08:00:56 am »

But pride needs to be balanced by humility.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #118601 on: February 24, 2017, 08:33:42 am »

I find myself unable to use images on the forum anymore. I don't know what it is, but links to-from image hosting sites don't seem to work like they used to. Has something changed? Is there something else I need to do to use images?
Make sure the images have their file extensions (is that even the correct term) in the link. so img [...]whatever.png /img
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #118602 on: February 24, 2017, 08:59:48 am »

snip
Well, there's more factors involved than just being worried about your partner's pleasure. I mean, I'm able to derive significant pleasure just from giving pleasure, knowing I'm pleasing someone, making them want me, but that only really comes after you can relax yourself around said person, which isn't something one can easily do around just anyone else. Thats where your connection with your partner comes into play, the stronger the connection, the easier it is to share pleasure.

Its also important to not that your partner must also share a similar approach to yours for this to work in a healthy way. My girlfriend is also looking to please me, and she makes sure I know that she's worried about that. It makes me feel cared and loved, which in turn aids in the pleasure.

This doesnt mean sex needs to be some sort of dance in which both partners know exactly what to do. You should always look to satisfy yourself, obviously, but try to do so in a way that surprises her, and then try to find out if what works for you works for her also. You might be surprised to learn she might enjoy some stuff you like even more than you do. Also, different people need different kinds of treatment in order to get to the point in which sex actualy becomes pleasurable, so working on that helps a lot too. Most of the time, you gotta work your partner and yourself a bit before you actualy start doing anything.

Of course, all of this requires a partner that is also interested into putting some effort into your pleasure. If that isn't a thing then, well, might wanna look into another person :U, if you don't have any bigger responsibilities such as kids and stuff, that is.

In actual WTF: can someone tell me what the hell is this
« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 09:20:38 am by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #118603 on: February 24, 2017, 10:40:17 am »

That poor cat.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #118604 on: February 24, 2017, 10:49:05 am »

But pride needs to be balanced by humility.
fear leads to anger
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.
Pages: 1 ... 7905 7906 [7907] 7908 7909 ... 11037