Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Let's play Might and Magic 6! : Let's start this thing  (Read 14683 times)

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's play Might and Magic 6! : Let's start this thing
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2010, 11:33:57 am »

The dueling perspectives are win but... holy water?!?!?

Sylia

Of course holy water. Nice, clean, pure holy water in a beautiful crystal vial, fresh from the temple fountain and blessed by the archbishop himself amidst a backdrop of daisies and butterflies singing hymns. What else would you use to cleanse a building of evil?

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2010, 01:48:44 pm »

Oh god, I lol'd.

Holy water.

Hmm... how will Reagent [Spelling] Humphrey [SPELLING!] see this paladin, I wonder?
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2010, 12:38:58 am »

> Go to the temple right next door and ask for healing from those there, then search out back for healing herbs so this isn't as bad next time. Go back down into town and look around a little; get to know it before using it as a base of operations; and get water to clear out the other drinks. Maybe with a bit of preparation, our luck will turn for the better.

You really should have just shot the goblins from the hill right beside, since there aren't any party members without a ranged attack, and none of the goblins there had a ranged attack (and if they did you could have just dodged it). The three casters can recharge their spell points easily at the fountain.
 Doesn't the party start with five skill points to spend? I can't quite recall.

Which town was Sorpigal? I know it was a town name in Heroes of Might and Magic 1, but I can't recall any dire fate. I thought it was more like "York" and "New York".

Also! I found my notes with all the carriage and ship schedules! Mmm, copious notes.
 "Regent Wilbur Humphrey".
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2010, 04:01:08 am »

You really should have just shot the goblins from the hill
Maybe with a bit of preparation, our luck will turn for the better.

I think our party is not guided by common sense so much as by the Rule of Funny.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2010, 02:16:53 pm »

Which town was Sorpigal? I know it was a town name in Heroes of Might and Magic 1, but I can't recall any dire fate. I thought it was more like "York" and "New York".
Noodle incident.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2010, 09:07:19 pm »

[...]
Well that's annoying, but if you got it perfect I wouldn't have any reason to post.

[...]
So you don't know anything from the official history? Or any of the books?  :[  Could you reply to the questions you actually have an answer to?
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2010, 03:56:14 am »

Doesn't the party start with five skill points to spend?

No, but every character starts with four skills, two fixed, and two selected from a list. Also, the stables have a pair of horseshoes, each of which award a single character two skillpoints.

Which town was Sorpigal?
I can't recall any dire fate.

I don't think it's explicity stated, but there are plenty of clues in the game. The island with Gharik's Forge is covered in the same "ash" texture as the volcano and still has a couple buildings from the original city on it. Gharik is missing, but the fire elementals are still active, and the volcano is explicty shown to still be active.

My guess is that Gharik lost control of the elementals and they blew the volcano.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2010, 03:53:52 pm »

Like I said, hot noodle incident. :P

but yeah, I really have no idea what happened, and niether does Zoltan, he just won't admit it, so he makes vague allusions but won't actually go into detail about it. He doesn't know alot of things, being a lowly sorcerer. The things he doesn't know is:

what temprature water boils, how to make glass, what happened to scorpigal, how air elementals work, his sexuality, how to bake apple pie, dragon towers hurt, devils, how old the king is, what happened to the king, Ect ect ect...
Thou art I, I art Thou.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 22, 2010, 12:22:44 am »

Hm, he doesn't admit his ignorance to himself then, since that was his internal monologue. I guess if for some reason he gains more personality, he might stop doing that.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2010, 02:01:11 pm »

Yep. And he'll stop being such a huge tool too, but don't count on him getting any nicer than a particularly grumpy dwarf.
Thou art I, I art Thou.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2010, 11:22:21 am »

Sylia

I think it's time for an update, Karnewarrior. Bay12 wants to hear about all the valiant deeds I've performed in noble service to my fellow man here on Enroth.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 23, 2010, 12:53:07 pm »

:o
Sorry! I've just been lazy.

And I... may have accidentally turned the game off without saving. *double facepalm*

Alright, lemme get re-setup and then I'll update.

[NOTE: the games autosave function saved the party, but only the first start. I'll try to retrace my steps.]
Thou art I, I art Thou.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2010, 01:34:07 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Thou art I, I art Thou.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2010, 02:08:39 pm »

Wow, he was really the only one in town you could talk to? That was unlucky. Perhaps you should talk to people who have left their houses open; in this place, that means they're inviting people in for a chat.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2010, 05:45:43 pm »

Diary of Zoltan, day 2- 31/2

From the Diary of Lady Sylia, days 2-3
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4