Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Let's play Might and Magic 6! : Let's start this thing  (Read 14664 times)

Frajic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's play Might and Magic 6! : Let's start this thing
« Reply #45 on: October 24, 2010, 10:21:40 am »

Diary of Zoltan, day 2- 31/2

From the Diary of Lady Sylia, days 2-3
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Where do you get those pictures from? Photoshop?
EoS company name: Vikings Inc.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 24, 2010, 10:34:11 am »

Diary of Zoltan, day 2- 31/2

From the Diary of Lady Sylia, days 2-3
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Exactly what I was wondering. They aren't in game, though, I've played it all the way through many times and never seen those lines. I could, of course, just been unlucky, but signs point to a masterful use of photoshop.

I approve.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 24, 2010, 11:54:03 am »

The radar map and border I copied from Karnewarrior's images. If you look, you'll see that the party position is the same on my images and his. The party portraits came from several places, but all in game. Some are copied from Karnewarrio's images. For example, notice Zoltan's seedy-looking leftward glance while looking in the chest is the same portrait as in my looking at the well image. The various "currently selected character" highlights were copy and pasted as needed. I generally wanted Sylia to be the active character instead of Zoltan. For my well scene, the "happy" images were from drinking tier 3 white potions. The "sad" Zoltan image was from being awake too long. I don't remember where I got the "smiling" Sylia image while talking to Charles the peasant. Probably opening a chest, or being buffed or something. The in-game backgrounds I simply used the "yell" command in game to move an npc to similar locations in game as Karnewarrios's scenes. If you compare the "Wonderful Lady Sylia" scene to Karnewarriosr's "Oh, you people!" scene you'll notice that they're not identical images. That was necessary because the vertical sizing of the textboxes in his images were bigger than in mine, and while it would have been easy to cover "extra" game-window image with background marble, it wasn't practical to selectively add in game-window image because the relevant section didn't exist in his pictures: they were covered by larger text windows. So I just recreated the scenes. The "few odds and ends" chest with 250,000 gold was the obelisk chest with some extra stuff added in. And the peasant portrait and dialogue choices were cut and pasted together. It was easier to use Karnewarrior's images than to track down the same npc's myself, but if you look you'll notice the dialogue options are different for mine, because since I was "talking" to them in my version of the story, they needed to be different dialogue options than the "beg, threaten, bribe" options in Karnewarriors's image.

If you look, there are a few discrepancies. For example, when Karnewarrior spoke to Jordan the weapons master, the party had 7 food and 200 gold, whereas when I did they had the same 5 and 1560 as all the other images. I used the same right-side background both times. And if you look at my version of the well scene, you'll notice that no party members have an "active character" highlight. A couple things like that.

I think the results are pleasing for the time I put in.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 24, 2010, 11:59:55 am »

never seen those lines

The dialogue? They were all from the game. I tried to write my own, but reproducing the font proved to be more time and effort than I was willing to invest. The "Wonderful Lady" and "Praise the light" lines were from peasants at the base of the mountain near castle ironfist, spoken to a party at max fame and alignment levels. For "Wonderful Lady Sylia" I used a memory editor to change the name of a character from an old savefile so the npc would use the correct name. The "praise the light" line, actually, is bugged in-game, and says "sweet and honorable Lady lady" instead of using a character name, so I just copied background over the extra "lady" and let it go. I considered copy and pasting the other instance of "Sylia" and smoothing the background, but figured it was close enough. If I were to do it again I'd probably at least add in punctuation. It looks wrong just trailing off like that, but ironically it looks better with nothing than the extra "lady" incorrectly added in. I figured if I just left it like the game shows it would look too obviously photoshopped.

signs point to a masterful use of photoshop.

Windows paintbrush, actually. Still...for all the effort I put into the images, I was rather hoping people would appreciate the humor more than the graphical edits. :P

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 24, 2010, 02:07:39 pm »

Oh, the humor was great too, but that's all we've come to expect from you, Lord Bucket!

[sinister]Do not let us down.[/sinister]
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]