Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116

Author Topic: Zealots and Demons RTD Epilogue  (Read 93935 times)

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 148: Prove Yourself (Story Update)
« Reply #1710 on: November 29, 2011, 11:04:05 pm »

While waiting for the others, try to enchant mny staff to store some mana
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: November 29, 2011, 11:17:49 pm »

Which staff?

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: November 29, 2011, 11:43:19 pm »

Zack grinned widely, showing his joy of finding something more precious than even gold. A means of escape.

"I think we just found ourselves a way out of this shithole. The guys downstairs have come here with a book of some kind and are going to look for a way out thats in the Underbelly." Zack whispered, straining his ears to try and hear as much of the conversation downstairs as possible.

"They said something about taking it to somewhere called The Heart of the World, or something, to find somewhere safe for it. They won't be here for long."

Zack frowned in thought, lowering his goggles to help him see better in the darkness and taking a quick look around.

"We need to leave real soon, so this is an excellent opportunity. One of you go find the others in your group and bring them here, I'll watch these guys with the other one and we can follow them to wherever they are going."

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: November 30, 2011, 12:41:01 am »

Frelock pulls out his nicked coin and smiles.  In a soft whisper, he says, "I'll be right outside.  I can definitely get in touch with Dor'lek; hopefully Malgun and Havor'e will be close by."  He then quietly walks out, and whispers Dor'lek's name.  "Dor'lek?  It's Frelock.  Where are you, and are Malgun and Havor'e with you?  We need to meet up; I think we found a way out of the city without paying..."
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1714 on: November 30, 2011, 06:32:21 am »

"Hm.. I think I might know these people.. These people happen to know something about the book and crystals.. And.. They stole the book from me, but they left the crystal. And they even managed to enchant it, and I have no true idea on what it does.. Hmm. Let me see what my true sight sees, beyond the fog of lies, and of dark.."

Observe these people, but stay stealthy.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: November 30, 2011, 07:56:54 am »

"Hmm... Interesting... We'll talk about this later. We'll watch for them from the rooftops. Frelock, you take the roofs across the street from this building and watch the front door, Ochita, you take the rooftops next to this building and watch the back and sides. Frelock, tell the others to head to your position, we don't want to alarm these guys by having our guys walk through their alley."

Zack slinks further into the shadows, looking for a good hiding place.

"If you see them leave, make a signal. We'll do the same if they come our way. Remember, keep your distance and act casual. I'm staying inside to keep listening on them and follow them if they leave, or head up with Ochita if they stop talking. Now get going!"

Keep listening to the conversation and find a good hiding place. Make sure to put my goggles on!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1716 on: November 30, 2011, 10:17:22 am »

They wouldn't call them Zealots if they weren't stubborn, Malgun mused to himself. "Why are you so dead set on killing this demon by yourself? Afraid someone's going to taunt you about having help? If you really don't care whether we live or die then I don't see why it matters that we come with you on our own volition." The man had ignored his question about the mark; that meant he didn't know the only true way to get rid of demons. I suppose I could just head out, let the demon lord kill him. It's not like he can permanently defeat it. That was a petty thought; where had it come from? Absorbing demons, probably...

He decided to leave it up to Dor'lek. Did the troll want to head out and scout around or just leave the whole thing up to Thirty Seven?
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1717 on: November 30, 2011, 12:29:32 pm »

He decided to leave it up to Dor'lek. Did the troll want to head out and scout around or just leave the whole thing up to Thirty Seven?

"We have enough troubles without having to verbally assault someone that appears to be on our side. The time's past for words, let us take action..."

Head for the market.
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1718 on: November 30, 2011, 12:34:35 pm »

"Right behind you." Malgun followed him out.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: November 30, 2011, 01:37:01 pm »

Frelock nodded.  "Sure thing, though I think I'll try to find a window instead of the roof; I'm not exactly a cat here."  He then walks back to the street and tries to call Dor'lek. 

"Dor'lek?  It's Frelock.  Where are you, and are Malgun and Havor'e with you?  We need to meet up; I think we found a way out of the city without paying..."

He then walks to the back of the building across the street, and knocks on the back door.  "Zealot business, open up!"  Sometimes being an authority in a crisis has its advantages...

By the way, CoughDrop, your yellow rock is ringing...
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 01:44:54 pm by Frelock »

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1720 on: November 30, 2011, 03:58:24 pm »

"Dor'lek?  It's Frelock.  Where are you, and are Malgun and Havor'e with you?  We need to meet up; I think we found a way out of the city without paying..."

"Err... We are two days travel from the city and... in a demonic realm. I believe Havore is on her way back to the city now, though I can no longer contact her. It could be a while before Malgun and I are finished here, but I'll notify you when we're back on our way."
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1721 on: November 30, 2011, 05:12:11 pm »

Get into a position where, if someone tries to attack frelock, I'll have a perfect shooting point.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1722 on: November 30, 2011, 06:57:57 pm »

Before going to the building, Frelock informs Zach of the situation.  "It's unlikely they'll be getting to us anytime soon.  If we're going to do something, we can't wait for them."

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 149: Awakening what?
« Reply #1723 on: December 02, 2011, 09:17:45 am »

Quote from: wolfchild
While waiting for the others, try to enchant mny staff to store some mana

[4+3=7 vs. 5 difficulty]  You take a look at both of your staffs.  Since your metal staff does not yet have an enchantment on it, you take the opportunity to allow it to store the very essence of mana.  While your work isn't the best it's ever been, it certainly gets the job done and starts off fully charged.

Quote from: Ochita
Get into a position where, if someone tries to attack frelock, I'll have a perfect shooting point.

[6] You find a nice shady spot where you can watch over the building Frelock is in.  You suddenly wish you all had communication devices because if he needs assistance while inside the building, you have no way of knowing unless the ruffian enters the building from an area you can view.

Quote from: Zako
Keep listening to the conversation and find a good hiding place. Make sure to put my goggles on!

[6+3+1=10] You a suitable hiding spot from which you can reach downstairs easily if you wish.  [6]  You slide your goggles over your head and begin listening to their conversation again.

"So, when are you going to be leaving anyhow, with all this chaos the Zealots are sure to crack down on the Underbelly soon, clear out all the rubbish.  Probably going to be a lot safer after they clear it out, but that also gives our enemies time to "re-acquire" our stuff."

"I was going to hide out here for the time.  With so many of our mages here right now and our second base in the Docks destroyed most likely, this'll probably be the safest place.  Besides, our enemies are probably thick in the Underbelly.  A few days is no time at all in the grand scheme."

"So what's the end-game for you anyhow?  Our orders are to neutralize the Draconians in advance of The Awakening.  I gotta tell ya, these new weapons we got should make the job simple."

"Scriva, you should know that Iemon can't discuss anything beyond his very next step.  It is vital that some level of secrecy is maintained."

"Whatever, we're all supposed to be on the same team right?"

Quote from: SeriousConcentrate
They wouldn't call them Zealots if they weren't stubborn, Malgun mused to himself. "Why are you so dead set on killing this demon by yourself? Afraid someone's going to taunt you about having help? If you really don't care whether we live or die then I don't see why it matters that we come with you on our own volition." The man had ignored his question about the mark; that meant he didn't know the only true way to get rid of demons. I suppose I could just head out, let the demon lord kill him. It's not like he can permanently defeat it. That was a petty thought; where had it come from? Absorbing demons, probably...

"Right behind you." Malgun followed Dor'lek out.

[2] When you think about the demon's souls that you absorbed your skin begins to crawl.  You hit your knees and look at your hands.  Blanket noise begins to fill your head.  You hear another voice pierce through the meaningless noise. 

"Eketumina eketumina eketumina eketumina-baya.  Deshan, deshan perete-paritaye.  Eketumina eketumina eketumina eketumina-baya.  Deshan, deshan perete-paritaye.  Kukuterika kukuterika kukuterika kukuteri. . ."  As soon as it started it's over.  You find you never actually fell to your knees.  You look around and find that Dor'lek started to walk off.

"It's becoming more and more clear why so many people can't deal with this," you think to yourself.  The only thing that comforts you is the knowledge that this speaks of the return, of something.  You're not sure what, but it comforts you.

[4]  You quickly catch up with Dor'lek and carefully follow behind him.  After all, your job is just to scout, not about fight these demons.

Quote from: CoughDrop
"We have enough troubles without having to verbally assault someone that appears to be on our side. The time's past for words, let us take action..."

Head for the market.

[6]  You stealthily lead the way.  You get to the market and find a large pile of skeletons and corpses in the center.  You feel there is something more to be learned here though.

There are several wooden stalls not yet completely torn down, a building to the West, and a smaller building to the East.

Quote from: Frelock
He then walks to the back of the building across the street, and knocks on the back door.  "Zealot business, open up!"

[3]  Nobody answers so you just open the door.  Looks like it's some kind of magic class area.  Nobody is here right now though so you help yourself to a third-story window.  Good of a position as any you figure.

Status Changes:

Spoiler: Ochita (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Frelock (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Zako (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Malgun (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dor’lek (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: wolfchild (click to show/hide)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 149: Awakening what?
« Reply #1724 on: December 02, 2011, 10:16:27 am »

Zack was extremely pleased of his decision to stay inside to listen, these people were talking about all sorts of information! There were so many things to go over in his head, the main things that immediately stood out were the names Scriva, one of the speakers downstairs and most likely a follower of some kind, and the name of the leader, Iemon, which he would have to look into. These people were..

"Wh-what? Neutralize the draconians?!" Zack said under his breath. They surely could not mean the whole race! That would be just stupid, but the tone of these men told him that they meant business. They even have some kind of weaponry to help them against the lizards. He made a note to try and take one of these for someone skilled in magic to have a look over. Might be important.

What was worrying as well was how they talked about this 'Awakening' and the number of mages that they have in the city. Mages were bad enough, especially in groups, but this Awakening just felt... Wrong. His gut told him that it felt fundamentaly wrong, and he knew better than to ignore his gut feelings. These people meant business...

Continue listening!
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116