Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116

Author Topic: Zealots and Demons RTD Epilogue  (Read 93929 times)

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 147: Frelock has a good day (Story Update)
« Reply #1695 on: November 26, 2011, 02:42:20 pm »

"Greetings, Zack," Frelock said with a weariness in his voice.  "The Zealots assigned me to patrol this section of town, but even with," his eyes drifted to the floor as he paused, collecting his words, "what happened, this place seems pretty quiet.  I guess that a peaceful patrol isn't that bad..."

Oh, and I think you forgot to update my health, V.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1696 on: November 26, 2011, 03:16:02 pm »

Right you are.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1697 on: November 26, 2011, 06:14:38 pm »

"Hot damn, I should listen to my hunches more often! Greetings yourself big guy." Zack said as he raised a hand, wincing at the pain. "I haven't been able to find a doctor yet, so I would greatly appreciate some healing. Oh, and do you know a guy with a large shield?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1698 on: November 26, 2011, 06:36:11 pm »

"No, I'm not leaving," Malgun said quietly, defiance in his eyes. "I was given a mission to purify the souls of demons, and by Sareesa, I'm bloody well going to do that. You may be able to kill him but you can't prevent him from returning like I can. You need me to accompany you as much as I need you to weaken the demon." He tilted his head to the side. "Unless you are what I'm starting to think you are. Thirty seven, huh?" He looked over the man. "Does that mean you are the thirty seventh to receive the mark?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: November 26, 2011, 07:24:02 pm »

Bro... you remember that part where I posted the Zealot Military Order Rankings.  Go check under special.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1700 on: November 26, 2011, 07:27:38 pm »

Ochita slumped onto the bed, and sighed. Taking care not to disturb the contents of the package, he took it with him, and then he locked his room, going downstairs. "Listen.. I'm going to have to get out there again, I'm worried for some friends of mine, and I need to go check on them. I need you to keep an eye on this package as well, in my absence. Its extremely important to frelock. I don't exactly know how, but it is. I'll be back soon."

Leave frelock's package in the trolls care, and then search for Frelock.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1701 on: November 26, 2011, 07:29:05 pm »

tbh every time I've looked at the first page I've only concerned myself with the first two posts and never looked under Frelock, Flintus, and wolfchild's posts to see those rankings. In metagaming terms, I'll have to ask: how is he going to react to that question? Malgun doesn't know about the Zealot Special Forces so it's in character for him to assume that, but if it's just going to cause trouble I'll retcon my action.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1702 on: November 26, 2011, 07:37:10 pm »

Havor'e Starts pondering what happened in the first place

edit: about how the demons made the shadow town thing
« Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 08:40:34 pm by wolfchild »
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1703 on: November 26, 2011, 07:41:04 pm »

Don't know, I'll have to think.

Edit: I also made a big deal about posting that in the actual thread as an update.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 08:38:39 pm by V-Norrec »

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: November 27, 2011, 01:53:21 am »

"Sure thing," said Frelock, stretching out his hands to heal Zach.  After hearing Zach's second question, he replies, "I know quite a few zealots who wield shields; they're not exactly uncommon, even big ones, unless you're talking about something the size of a door.  What brings this up?"

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1705 on: November 27, 2011, 05:18:11 am »

"One just went into a nearby building. Kinda seems odd seeing how you are supposed to patrol the streets and not inside buildings." Zack replied, rubbing the rough stubble with one hand in thought. "I'm going to go check it out, cover me."

Sneak up next to the windows of the building that the strange guy went into and look inside. If it looks clear, sneak around to the back and go inside quietly after checking the back windows as well.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: November 27, 2011, 01:41:09 pm »

Waiting for CoughDrop

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1707 on: November 27, 2011, 01:53:30 pm »

"It doesn't seem that suspicious to me," said Frelock unconvinced, "but I suppose it couldn't hurt to check it out."  With that, he drew his sword and fell into place behind Zack.

Heal Zack, then help him investigate the man with the shield.

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1708 on: November 28, 2011, 04:45:31 am »

"I am no impatient troll, but I be rather awestruck by dis impasse we have come to..." He turns his focus to Thirty-Seven "If this demon be of such a stature outside our league, then why would you care for us being a liability in da first place?" He walks to the door. "Let's get on with it."

Since I think Havor'e was planning on something else happening and due to the nature of the forum input/output system, I think it would be fair to just say she didn't go through the portal in the first place.

...Or maybe I'm just trying to justify getting extra help in this (hopefully) inevitable boss fight.  ;)
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 148: Prove Yourself (Story Update)
« Reply #1709 on: November 29, 2011, 09:51:21 pm »

Sentinel made his way into the small wooden building that served as the barracks for the town and it's surroundings.  A small man stood behind a desk copying reports into official records.  Sentinel approached the man.  "'Ey mon.  I t'ought I might be stayin' on here for a time.  Yah be havin' an extra bunk?"  The man carefully marked his place before closing the log book and answering.

"Why yes, I believe we do have space for an extra body.  I'll need a reason for your visit, as well as the name of your superior officer."  said the small man.  He wore a blue cloth uniform common among the civil servants that served with the Zealots.  He was balding and had a thick gray mustache that covered his entire upper lip.

"Ah be here to look for somebody.  Ah t'ink 'dis town be holdin' some o' 'da answers ah be seekin'.  Ah not be on any mission from a superior, but ah serve under Lady Cecily."  Sentinel said.

The aging civil servant seemed satisfied by those answers, "Right this way then.  Here is the key for your chest in case you need to store anything while you are here.  We'll try not to interfere with your search, but our duties come first.  Oh but you should know that.  Might I ask about the person you seek, I've been the head record keeper here for going on ten years now, I should be able to tell you about anybody coming in or out of these parts."  said the man as he led Sentinel into the main living area.  Walking through the mess hall he saw some human Zealots eye him suspiciously but nobody said anything.  In fact other than the record keeper talking, there was only the noise of people eating.

"'Dey be hidin' somethin' here, dat's why 'dey be askin' all these questions."  he thought.  "Ohhh, I just be lookin' for a friend I made on my last posting.  He said he lived 'round 'dese parts, he wouldn't be announcin' himself though.  Don't worry 'bout it, ah got it all under control."  Sentinel said trying to dodge the record keepers question.

"Suit yourself.  Here we are, yours will be the bottom bunk.  It's probably a bit small for you but we don't have anything bigger on hand.  Anything else you need help with?"

"'Dat will be all, t'anks mon."  Sentinel said as he climbed into his bunk.  He could probably catch a couple hours of sleep here until the other Zealots started coming back from their duties.  Then, he would just have to listen and see if he could get any leads off of them and head out for the night.  For now, he would rest though.

Quote from: SeriousConcentrate
"No, I'm not leaving," Malgun said quietly, defiance in his eyes. "I was given a mission to purify the souls of demons, and by Sareesa, I'm bloody well going to do that. You may be able to kill him but you can't prevent him from returning like I can. You need me to accompany you as much as I need you to weaken the demon." He tilted his head to the side. "Unless you are what I'm starting to think you are. Thirty seven, huh?" He looked over the man. "Does that mean you are the thirty seventh to receive the mark?"

[auto-fail]  "What are you even talking about.  There's only one way to kill a demon.  Find whatever it's last remaining traces of humanity are and destroy it.  You either blow the entire damn out of existence or you keep cutting until you find it's vulnerability and then destroy it.  Sheesh, I've seen plenty of people get delusional in these Dark Worlds, but none of them are as bad as you are.  Now get out of here kid, you bug me.  I don't have time to look after amateurs anyhow."

Quote from: CoughDrop
"I am no impatient troll, but I be rather awestruck by dis impasse we have come to..." He turns his focus to Thirty-Seven "If this demon be of such a stature outside our league, then why would you care for us being a liability in da first place?" He walks to the door. "Let's get on with it."

[3]  "You know what, I don't have to save you guys anyhow, I just can't kill you myself, that's the rule.  Prove to me you won't get in my way and I suppose I'll let you come, I won't save you though.  Go ahead, scout out the Market, report back here what kind of demons you find and don't bring any attention to yourselves."

Quote from: Ochita
Leave frelock's package in the trolls care, and then search for Frelock.

[6]  You leave Frelock's package with the Troll who promises to take good care of it and speed off towards the Magical University.  You find Zack there as well, they are just about to follow after some guy.  You decide to join up with them.

Quote from: Zako
Sneak up next to the windows of the building that the strange guy went into and look inside. If it looks clear, sneak around to the back and go inside quietly after checking the back windows as well.

[2]  The windows are black, you can't see a thing through them.  Looks like you'll be walking in blind.  [6]  Thankfully from the back entrance the coast is clear.  You draw your cloak around you and hide in the darkness.  You hear voices from downstairs, you can make out what they're saying, just barely though.

"So you got the book back at least right?"

"Yeah, but now we're stuck here, we need to get this somewhere safe, the enemy has already proven they can strike here, I think I'll need to go to the Heart of the World in order to find anywhere truly safe."

"The Heart of the World... there should be an old passageway here in town somewhere.  It'll be in the Underbelly, but with some many branching paths down there, not to mention all the evilness that lurks there."

"Well, it's a shot.  It's either that or we sit here for weeks if not months while the Zealots try to get everything straightened out and trade normalized again."

Looks like whoever it is down here isn't planning on staying here for long.  In fact, now that he brings it up, your allies are going to need to get out of here sooner rather than later anyhow.  Looks like an opportunity just presented itself.

Quote from: Frelock
Heal Zack, then help him investigate the man with the shield.

[4] [3 healed]  You heal Zack.  [5-1]  You follow silently behind Zack.  You take your metal boots off beforehand thankfully.  "Can you hear anything Zack, I can't hear a thing," you whisper.

Quote from: wolfchild
Havor'e Starts pondering what happened in the first place

[1]  You think about it some but for the moment nothing from your studies come to mind.  Perhaps a trip the University Library is called for?

Status Changes:

Spoiler: Ochita (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Frelock (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Zako (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Malgun (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dor’lek (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: wolfchild (click to show/hide)

NPCs
Spoiler: Thirty-Seven (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116