Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 116

Author Topic: Zealots and Demons RTD Epilogue  (Read 94145 times)

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 50: Turn of epic failures
« Reply #615 on: December 04, 2010, 06:45:23 am »

Look at Khan. "You look a little crispy... want some help?" Keep reading book if he says no.
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: December 04, 2010, 08:28:19 am »

See if I cant find some work at the temple, check if the priest there is okay.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: December 04, 2010, 01:50:33 pm »

"Naw, I shave like this, I'll be fine."  Refuse help from Dor'lek, and attempt to enchant my bag of iron dust, and weave a mana-rune enchantment around myself, so when the bag of iron dust is activated it will create a large heated metal shield around myself that hovers about 3 feet away from myself, and slows/dampens any attacks that come through from outside the barrier, while also burning people who attempt to get close to me.  (if this is possible if not, turn amulet of no particular value into an armband of no particular value.
Nom nom nom

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 51: To Sareesa's Mercy
« Reply #618 on: December 05, 2010, 01:06:35 am »

Quote from: Frelock
Haul the smelly body to the pile of corpses to be burnt, then head to the town hall.

[4]  You drag the body to the pile of zombie bodies next to the temple.  You toss it onto the pile, nobody will notice a real body amongst all the zombies.  [4] You head to the Town Hall.

Quote from: SeriousConcentrate
Using my knowledge of construction, I attempt to take apart my trap box and instead turn it into a watch. I need to know just how long it's gonna take this merchant to get here.

[5]  You think about the possibilities of turning your trap box into a watch when the bullet vendor arrives.  "Oh, you need something, yes?"  he asks you.  [4]  You buy 6 clips at a silver each.

Inventory:  +82 bullets

Quote from: Flintus10
Leave the queue and go to town hall.

[1]  You don't leave the line, YOU WILL HAVE BOOLETS!  [1] You spend all 11 of your silver coins getting 6 clips of bullets, your need is satiated now. (rolls determine price to some extent, it represents the haggling nature of markets)

[6]  Now that you've got more bullets you go to the Town Hall and wait for the representative.

Inventory:  +82 bullets

Quote from: CoughDrop
Look at Khan. "You look a little crispy... want some help?" Keep reading book if he says no.

[1]  You pass out while trying to read the book.  [4] Thankfully somebody wakes you up before the Zealot arrives.

Quote from: Ochita
See if I cant find some work at the temple, check if the priest there is okay.

[2]  There is no work at the temple, dejected you head towards the Town Hall and wait for the Zealot Representative

Quote from: kilakan
"Naw, I shave like this, I'll be fine."  Refuse help from Dor'lek, and attempt to enchant my bag of iron dust, and weave a mana-rune enchantment around myself, so when the bag of iron dust is activated it will create a large heated metal shield around myself that hovers about 3 feet away from myself, and slows/dampens any attacks that come through from outside the barrier, while also burning people who attempt to get close to me.  (if this is possible if not, turn amulet of no particular value into an armband of no particular value.
((You do realize you'd have to enchant these items multiple times to get all the effects you're looking for and that each time you add an enchantment to one item the difficulty increases and makes it that much more likely to destroy the item, right.  Also, the dust is more or less useless if just enchanted, it needs to be forged into a usable shape.))

[10+3=13 of 8]  You enchant the Iron Dust to be of benefit blocking ranged attacks towards you. . . it would be a lot more effective if it wasn't just a bag of dust still.

Quote from: Zealot Representative
Go to town hall, inform heroes of their commission status and next mission

[6]  The Zealot Representative enters the town hall.  "Ahhh, good you're all here now.  Your commissions have all been signed and now there is only one step left until you will have joined the ranks of the Zealot, you must go to the City of Sareesa's Mercy and there give him these." he says handing out six sealed, with both imprinted wax and magic, letter that no doubt contain your commissions.  "You'll report to Executor LeStronge when you arrive.  Also, give him this," he says handing another Sealed Note to Frelock.  "It contains a collection of all the reports I've gathered here and a request for more troops to clean up any remaining corruption.  If you head out the South Gate and travel light, you should make to Sareesa's Mercy in a week's time by foot.  Put your affairs in order here and leave tomorrow."  He says saluting you all as you turn to leave.  There is about half a day left and so many questions left unanswered. 

Who is Gardios?  Who is Sentinel?  Was that dream really a message or just a dream?  What secrets does Flintus's Crystal contain?  What happened to the priestess after she was rescued from the Temple?  Who was that demon lord that came out of the gate, Kazzamier?  Perhaps it would be best for you all to split up and find the answer to just one of those questions

Inventory:  1 bag of enchanted Iron Dust (+1 ranged resistance, can be controlled via magic.)

Status Changes:

Spoiler: Ochita (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Frelock (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Flintus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Malgun (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dorlek (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Khan (click to show/hide)

Time to call dibs on what question you want to research, if you don't want to research a question you may miss out on key knowledge but I've got another set of quests/jobs lined up so don't feel limited.  In your next post, please say what question you are going to research or if you're going to do a side-job. 

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: December 05, 2010, 02:22:42 am »

"I'd like to know what caused the zombie horde..."
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: December 05, 2010, 02:38:40 am »

"I don't know, I'm still feeling odd about that dream. I think I'll go ask the priestess at the temple about it, if you need me for anything." I shoulder my rifle and head towards the temple, hoping that perhaps she'd know something of divine messages. If that's what it was? The whole thing's confusing me even more now that I have a quiet moment to think about it, and the curiousity is insatiable.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: December 05, 2010, 03:00:05 am »

Obviously I'll have a look at the crystal and the book.

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: December 05, 2010, 03:21:29 am »

Dor'lek helps.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: December 05, 2010, 04:02:29 am »

Waitlist me.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Incidentally, what exactly does weapon skill do? The urge to enchant is too strong anyway.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 04:07:21 am by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: December 05, 2010, 04:05:17 am »

It increases damage when you hit.

I try to find out more about that demon lord, possibly through a library day!
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: December 05, 2010, 05:31:23 am »

I'll see if I cant find anything out about that demon lord. Maybe I can find out a weakness or something.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: December 05, 2010, 07:31:29 am »

OOC:  The Zombie Horde was caused by removing the Undead-Summoning enchantment on Flintus's crystal, it's now in it's pure state.

Also
Dor'lek and Flintus:  Work on unlocking the secrets of the crystal
Ochita and Frelock:  Research Kazzamier
Malgun:  Try to find out more about the dream
That leaves the questions of, Gardios, Sentinel, and just what happened to the priestess after the temple was rescued.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: December 05, 2010, 01:19:07 pm »

"Hum that priestess was kinda cute, wonder where she went."  Khan  searches out what happened to the priestess and where she may be.
Nom nom nom

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 52: It's researchin' time!
« Reply #628 on: December 06, 2010, 12:33:44 am »

Quote from: SeriousConcentrate
"I don't know, I'm still feeling odd about that dream. I think I'll go ask the priestess at the temple about it, if you need me for anything." I shoulder my rifle and head towards the temple, hoping that perhaps she'd know something of divine messages. If that's what it was? The whole thing's confusing me even more now that I have a quiet moment to think about it, and the curiosity is insatiable.

[2] You head to the temple, but realize, a bit late that the priestess isn't there right now and hasn't been seen since the temple was evacuated.

[5]  You sit down and begin to look at the crystal, handing the book for Dor'lek to read while you look at the crystal.  Feeling a bit experimental, you put a little bit of your mana into the crystal and it changes colors for a couple seconds. . . hmmmm, an interesting reaction!

Quote from: CoughDrop
Help him.

[2]  You begin reading the ancient tome, the illustrations are clear enough but the translating isn't.  The illustrations alone don't really get you much of anywhere however.

Quote from: Frelock
I try to find out more about that demon lord, possibly through a library day!

[3]  Well, there is no library in town, but there is a book store and a collection of books at the Town Hall, you elect to start searching the Town Hall's books.  You grab several choice volumes and spread them out on a free table, pull up a chair and begin trying to decide which one to read first.  One book is bound in some kind of leather and locked, one book says on the cover "Demonic Overlords since 650 S.A." (Sarresa's Ascension), and the final book is called the Demonicon, of course the book is a demonic artifact itself, so the trouble is always telling whether or not the book is telling the truth.

Quote from: Ochita
I'll see if I cant find anything out about that demon lord. Maybe I can find out a weakness or something.

[6]  You approach the problem from a different angle than Frelock and decide to skip straight past who he is and see if you can't discover a weakness.  You head to the book store and ask the old troll there if you can look through his collection of books on demonic possession.  "'Dat be dark majic mon.  Wha' 'chu be needin' to know?"  He asks you clearly suspicious. 

[4]  You respond "I have reason to believe a Demon entered through the portal in town earlier today and possessed a human body I'm searching for answers on the subject."  you say.

"Ahhh, well, I be havin' a small selection in da' back, feel free to be lookin'.  Be careful mon, does books not be nice." he says as he shows you into the room, shuts the door behind you and goes back to tending his store.  There are two bookcases full of books and ancient scrolls and scraps of parchment here.  It looks like the troll has been researching demons on his own for a while, but where to start?  The troll's notes, the books, or the ancient scrolls?

Quote from: kilakan
"Hum that priestess was kinda cute, wonder where she went."  Khan  searches out what happened to the priestess and where she may be.

[1]  Mmmmm, sweet sweet forbidden love.  *drool*

Status Changes:

Spoiler: Ochita (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Frelock (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Flintus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Malgun (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dor'lek (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Khan (click to show/hide)

As a note, these epic failures at this point can potentially close off entire research options for you.  There will be a lot of branching paths and you won't have time to investigate all of them. (unless you're Flintus, that crystal will always be there (or so you think >.>  <.<))  Some of them will be more useful than others so choose wisely.  That is all.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 52: It's researchin' time!
« Reply #629 on: December 06, 2010, 12:51:46 am »

Concentrate holy mana in my eyes and hands for protection, and carefully open up the Demonicon
All generalizations are false....including this one.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 116