Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 116

Author Topic: Zealots and Demons RTD Epilogue  (Read 94146 times)

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 53: The Demonicon Speaks???
« Reply #645 on: December 10, 2010, 02:04:33 am »

Waiting on Sir Flintus.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 53: The Demonicon Speaks???
« Reply #646 on: December 10, 2010, 06:21:32 pm »

sorry I am currently at an unpowered campsite for the next week so this is basically the last i'll see of the internet untill I get home, so you may have to npc me for a little while.

Anyways I'll help Dor'lek for now

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 54: DO NOT TRUST BOOKS!!!
« Reply #647 on: December 11, 2010, 01:20:23 am »

Mmkay Flintus, thanks for the update.  I'll try to make your actions not entirely boring :P  Not that you'll see this until you get back >.>  <.<

Quote from: Ochita
I start to read the books, keep my mind strong.

[2]  You open up the books and start reading.  If it's even possible, you understand even less than the you did reading the scrolls.  That might be because of all the terms you don't know being thrown about. . . maybe there is a glossary/dictionary somewhere?

Quote from: SeriousConcentrate
I take a moment to think of how I want to phrase my question... and check to make sure I have some silver, since I'm sure his knowledge'll cost me. What I have ought to cover it, I feel, so I approach the Troll. "Excuse me sir, but do you have any experience with strange visions?" I ask. If he does, I'll describe the dream to him; if not, I'll thank him for his time and move on.

[6]  Before you can even say anything the Troll speaks to you.  "You be seekin' insight, into da' spirit realm.  To see t'ings beyond mortal understandin'.  'Deese t'ings I can do.  'Dey not free, but you be findin' no one else who can be doin' 'dis for ya, mon."  says the Troll.  (Price Roll:  [1])  "You not be havin' enough money for my services," he says as you reach for your coin purse, "'Dere be a . . . deeferent way you can be payin'."  He says.

(Quest Difficulty Roll:  5 (ouch))  "Ah be havin' a bounty hunter lookin' for me.  I had a. . . misunderstanding in Zalthur when I was livin' there, some powerful men be gettin' very angry about 'dere future ya.  If you be bringin' me his head, I can turn it into a talisman to hide myself from 'da hungry eyes," he says.  "You be willin' to find him and bring me his head?" he asks you.

Quote from: Frelock
Research in "Demonic Overlords since 650 S.A."

[4]  You scan through the book, however you don't see any mention of Kazzamier. . . great, the book lied to you, now how much of it was a lie, and how severe?

Quote from: kilakan
Have a quick snack to replenish mana, and maybe a bit of health, then search the property for unusual signs, if there are none, attempt to enter through a back-door/window.

[1]  You manage to eat and drink and then throwing caution to the wind enter straight through the front door.  [1] Thankfully the terribly afraid villager misses as the crossbow bolt flies far over your head and embeds itself in the wall.  The villager backs up crawling on the floor.  "Stay back, I know nothing!"  he screams, obviously afraid of you.

Quote from: CoughDrop
Dor'lek looks to the back of the room. "Aye." Hopefully some of his zealot studying will help him in this endeavor.
Quote from: Flintus10
Anyways I'll help Dor'lek for now

(CoughDrop) [5] (Flintus) [3]  You two start working through the books confusing language.  You think you're beginning to make some breakthroughs.  ((This is a particularly difficult action and requires multiple successes, you're at 1.5 out of 5, if you ever reach -3, you will have to seek outside help.  1= -1.5, 2=-1, 3=0, 4=1, 5=1.5, 6=2))

Status Changes:

Spoiler: Ochita (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Frelock (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Flintus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Malgun (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dor'lek (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Khan (click to show/hide)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: December 11, 2010, 01:58:25 am »

That... was impressive. This Troll seems like the real deal, so I only take a few moments to think about it. "Where can I find this bounty hunter?" He -or she- may be a skilled warrior, so if I can set up a few traps and a place to snipe from before I engage him/her my chances will be significantly higher.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: December 11, 2010, 06:19:49 am »

Gah, search for the indexs if any, then take a look at the scrolls.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: December 11, 2010, 08:18:44 am »

Take a break; take a walk and get some food to ease the mind. Proceed to dive back into the sea of books.
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: December 11, 2010, 01:10:33 pm »

Look at the peasant with an intimidating stare, if he attempts to reload blast the crossbow out of his hands with a water elemental bolt, then attempt to calm him down just enough for him to be able to tell me everything about the priestess, while still keeping an intimidating air about myself.
Nom nom nom

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: December 11, 2010, 07:57:14 pm »

Examine the final bound book with a lock; look for distinguishing marks, instructions on how to protect oneself, et.ced.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 55: Warning may cause loss of bowel function.
« Reply #653 on: December 12, 2010, 06:01:59 am »

That... was impressive. This Troll seems like the real deal, so I only take a few moments to think about it. "Where can I find this bounty hunter?" He -or she- may be a skilled warrior, so if I can set up a few traps and a place to snipe from before I engage him/her my chances will be significantly higher.
(indeed, you got the best roll for how good his skill is.  In fact, he's so good I'm debating between whether or not he sends you to the spirit world to see for yourself, or just does the whole crystal ball kind of thing)

[3]  "I accept, where can I find this bounty hunter."  You say, while it's probably not a great idea to be carrying a head around in public, you are almost certain you'll never meet somebody as skilled in the mystical arts as this Troll.

"I knew you be acceptin' mon.  'Da t'ing is, I be havin' no idea where he is.  Mah sight into da' spirit world be costin' mah sight into 'dis one.  At least 'dat be what I t'ink, I was born like 'dis ya see?  All ah can be tellin' ya is he be in town and he be a Troll.  Sorry ah can't be tellin' ya more."  he says bowing.  "You best get ta findin' our little friend, I be here when ya done."

Gah, search for the indexs if any, then take a look at the scrolls.

[6] You find an index which explains all the terms you've been coming across, armed with an index you dive right into the scrolls.  [4]  Finally, you find something recognizably about demonic possession. . .  Only it's not helpful at all, the only sure way to combat demonic possession is to kill the person possessed!  Although there is and interesting theory that demons can separate their spirit selves and physical selves.  If such a thing were to occur, destroying their physical body might utterly destroy the spirit and free the possessed person, unfortunately according to these scrolls, it's completely untested and no one is even sure demons have that power.

Take a break; take a walk and get some food to ease the mind. Proceed to dive back into the sea of books.

[2] You eat and then get back to hitting the books.  Unfortunately after looking at it more, you discover you're almost back to square one.  (.5 of 5, -3 = failure)

Look at the peasant with an intimidating stare, if he attempts to reload blast the crossbow out of his hands with a water elemental bolt, then attempt to calm him down just enough for him to be able to tell me everything about the priestess, while still keeping an intimidating air about myself.

[6]  You look down at the peasant with your cold, steely stare.  "Drop the weapon."  He drops the weapon out of fear, not that he even had something to reload it with.  [1]  You attempts to calm him down result him him wetting himself and lying in the fetal position crying.  You have just ruined a man with only your cold, steely determination.  We salute you Khan, we salute you!

Examine the final bound book with a lock; look for distinguishing marks, instructions on how to protect oneself, et.ced.

[6]  You open the book with the lock and look for distinguishing marks of the demon lord.... WAIT A MINUTE!!!  This is a census book. . . by all that is holy. . . Kazzamier Shaccarin from the year 383 S.A.  Could it be coincidence?

Quote from: Flintus10 w/ AI
Help decode book.

[2]  As you continue trying to decode, you accidentally spill ink all over Dor'lek's notes on possible meanings behind they symbols.  (-.5 of 5, -3 = failure)

Status Changes:

Spoiler: Dorlek (click to show/hide)

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 55: Warning may cause loss of bowel function
« Reply #654 on: December 12, 2010, 11:10:36 am »

Pick up the crossbow and put it in my pack, along with any bolts, then grab the front of the mans shirt, drag him to his feet and slap him once. Hard.  Then tell him to tell me everything he knows..... or he shall burn eternally.
Nom nom nom

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: December 12, 2010, 02:36:18 pm »

Huh.  I thought a book with a lock would contain more...dangerous contents.

Go back to the demonicron and interrogate it further; threaten to destroy the demon within should he lie again.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: December 12, 2010, 08:10:43 pm »

I take another look at the scrolls and finally the trolls notes, then I bide goodbye. Ask him about demons spirits and bodys.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: December 13, 2010, 12:42:45 am »

I nod to the Troll and leave. I don't have any real leads to go on, but I'm sure if I snoop around about Troll bounty hunters in the area I might find something out. Therefore I head to the tavern to listen to the gossip. I'll try not to ask any questions unless I have to since I don't want anyone drawing any obvious connections between my asking a Troll's whereabouts and then one ending up dead the same day.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: December 13, 2010, 01:18:00 am »

Blow up on Flintus for ruining my notes and storm off to the temple in search of an outside source.
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 56: The plot thickens
« Reply #659 on: December 13, 2010, 04:17:16 am »

Pick up the crossbow and put it in my pack, along with any bolts, then grab the front of the mans shirt, drag him to his feet and slap him once. Hard.  Then tell him to tell me everything he knows..... or he shall burn eternally.

[4]  There are no bolts but you pick up the cross bow, who knows when you're going to need one of those puppies.  [6]  You pick the man up, "I got a question to ask you, if I like what I hear, I'll leave.  If you don't tell me, I'm burning you to a pile of cinders.  Now tell me what you know about the priestess." you say.

(Hidden roll is hidden)  "I don't know anything about her, but she... she was saying these weird things in the temple... heretical things.  She said that Sareesa had joined the demons. . . I don't know where she went, I swear!!!"  He says.  You detect a foul odor descending across the room.  You drop the man and let him stew in his own shit.

You walk out of the house, looking back and wondering if you left anything undone. . . So the was the priestess in league with demon worshipers all this time?

Go back to the demonicron and interrogate it further; threaten to destroy the demon within should he lie again.

[auto-fail]  You attempt to get the Demonicon down again and ask it a question, but you can't wedge the book out of the book case.  It looks like you've exhausted your research options here.

I take another look at the scrolls and finally the trolls notes, then I bide goodbye. Ask him about demons spirits and bodys.

[3+1]  You look back over the Troll's notes, it seems the Troll wasn't interested in Demonic Possession at all, but rather, trying to find the answers behind portal magic that the demons use.  Unusual, but after looking through the notes, you can tell his interests clearly lay in practical applications of portals rather than summoning demons.

[5]  You decide to take your leave and say good-bye to the Troll and thank him for letting him use his research materials.  Pausing for a moment you turn around and decide to ask him about that theory regarding demon spirits and possession.

[auto-fail]  "Ah not be knowin' much about it mon.  You know as much as I do, the entire theory be untested, as you read.  I hopin' 'dat the knowledge help you fight 'da demons though.  Bye."

I nod to the Troll and leave. I don't have any real leads to go on, but I'm sure if I snoop around about Troll bounty hunters in the area I might find something out. Therefore I head to the tavern to listen to the gossip. I'll try not to ask any questions unless I have to since I don't want anyone drawing any obvious connections between my asking a Troll's whereabouts and then one ending up dead the same day.

[3]  You head to a bar, one that most of the local trolls seem to go into.  As you walk up and order a drink some of the patrons near you quiet down and have their conversations in whispers.  There has always been a level a mistrust between Trolls and others, they are naturally weary of outsiders, if you want some information from this crowd, you might have to do a little more than hope it comes straight to you.

Blow up on Flintus for ruining my notes and storm off to the temple in search of an outside source.

[1]  You spend a lot of time yelling at Fintus and hitting him with your staff.  So much time that you entirely forgot what else you were going to do.

Quote from: Flintus10 w/ AI
Attempt to avoid the worst of Dor'lek's blows

[3]  Amazingly, you only take 5 damage despite being on the receiving end of 3 solid blows from a staff.

Status Changes:

Spoiler: Dor'lek (click to show/hide)

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 116