Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 116

Author Topic: Zealots and Demons RTD Epilogue  (Read 94085 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 34: Gardios has an A.D.D. moment
« Reply #405 on: November 07, 2010, 05:49:06 am »

You guys just need some general tools and supplies. Stuff like rope, tools, small sharp blades, sewing kits, rolls of cloth, wire etc...

You could do all sorts of stuff and make all sorts of things with those materials, not to mention some obvious uses. I also advise to get or make some grappling hooks, just in case.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 12:37:50 pm by Zako »

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: November 07, 2010, 09:38:13 am »

You have to capture a sufficiently powerful demon soul first, HA, no game breaking for you. . . yet.
Like the one we just killed?
Nom nom nom

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: November 07, 2010, 12:38:44 pm »

Too bad you didn't remember to catch it's soul. You probably dont have a powerful enough prison for it anyway.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: November 07, 2010, 02:10:01 pm »

Too bad you didn't remember to catch it's soul. You probably dont have a powerful enough prison for it anyway.
Well there wasn't any machinists there, and I'm  a human mage, what would I want with a demon........ is there the possibility of necromancer magic?
*edit who are we missing?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 02:19:10 pm by kilakan »
Nom nom nom

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: November 07, 2010, 02:19:38 pm »

Well there wasn't any machinists there, and I'm  a human mage, what would I want with a demon........ is there the possibility of necromancer magic?

Dor'lek would not approve of such an abominal practice... Dor'lek has a feeling he's going to have to deal with a lot of crap that he isn't going to like...
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: November 07, 2010, 02:21:51 pm »

Dor'lek would not approve of such an abominal practice... Dor'lek has a feeling he's going to have to deal with a lot of crap that he isn't going to like...
Dor'lek isn't gonna last long if Dor'lek can't cope, I mean I'm currently lighting the undead freinds and family of the town on fire and leaving them to burn slowly.
Also I fully expect some really good rewards (or skill ups) when this is over.
Nom nom nom

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: November 07, 2010, 02:31:39 pm »

"Neco bolt! Necro bolt! Now rise!" (tee hee)
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: November 07, 2010, 05:11:20 pm »

The orig 100 zombies inside the town are of no relation too it, they just are.  The civilian mobs come from the town though.

Also, I have all the actions, I'm just busy this weekend, I'll get the post up by tonight though so we'll be back to normal on Monday.

Sorry for the inconvenience *sweat drop*

Also to answer the question about the Infestors coming back to life, no, all zombies/skeletons once dead stay dead.  Plus the infestors are more like structures of undeath spreading rather than real zombies.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: November 07, 2010, 08:41:57 pm »

If these were real zombies, you'd all be screwed. These are just corpses reanimated to action through spiritual energies and whatnot. Not that harmful, since they tend to be a bit frail, except for the more powerful ones.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: November 07, 2010, 08:47:04 pm »

what do you mean?  They are infecting people and one of us is already sick, we are simply that awesome (also note the town is slowly all becoming zombies, and we will have to kill them too.....)

Hey what is happening outside the gates?  You said something about a giant horde or something and if so, hows the representative gonna get in?
Nom nom nom

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: November 08, 2010, 12:27:09 am »

Also to answer the question about the Infestors coming back to life, no, all zombies/skeletons once dead stay dead.  Plus the infestors are more like structures of undeath spreading rather than real zombies.

"[6]  Spores are released through out the air, causing all of the fresh corpses throughout town to rise as new mobs of zombies."
Wasn't sure if that included zombies or not, thanks for clarifying. Wouldn't that just SUCK if you killed one infestor and by the time you got to the other, he had been healed back to health?
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 35: Speeches, Skills, and Kills
« Reply #416 on: November 08, 2010, 03:40:39 am »

Quote from: Ochita
Enchant my barstool to do more damage and... Protect the temple!

[1+2=3 out of 5]  Hmmm, You begin thinking of a way to enchant your barstool.  As you work, you realize that it's all just a gigantic waste of time, it's only a bar stool and in the middle of a zombie siege is not the time to be worrying about this!  Unfortunately, you now can't unequip your bar stool until you disenchant it. (-2 Mana, Barstool must be equipped at all times)

[4]  Responding to Gardios you head out towards the temple, unfortnately you path is blocked by a mob of zombies, they look hungry (Zombie Civ Mob 1)

Quote from: CoughDrop
BLEGH! BY NORREC THAT TASTES FOUL! Attempt to take cover behind something and cast cure disease on my... mouth I guess. This is going to take a lot of brushing to get rid of the taste, though. Be prepared for another Destroy Undead spell on the infestor ASAP.

[4]  ACK!  THAT TASTES TERRIBLE.  Unless it doesn't.  No, it definitely does. Running you take cover behind a large gravestone (-1 to attack rolls) [4]  Quickly you cast cure disease on yourself and you stop yourself from being zombified.

Quote from: Flintus10
I will stand on the wall and begin my moral boosting and dramatic battle speech to fire up the soldiers.

[6-1=5]  Climbing up to the battlements, you begin yelling so that all the men can here you.  "Today, we fight!  For our families, For our homes.  This entire town depends on us holding these zombies off.  A day may come in which we no longer have the strength of character or of body to fight off those who would destroy us, but today, WE WILL PERSEVERE.  We will destroy everything the enemy can throw at us, and WE WILL NOT GIVE IN.  NOW MEN, TO ARMS, THE TIME HAS COME TO STAND OR TO DIE!"  A mighty chorus of approving yells sounds from the guards. (+24 damage to zombies this turn) [9+24=33 damage to zombie Army]

(in case you are wondering how I am calculating damage, the guards do 2d10 x 1d4 damage per turn  It's easier than rolling separately for 20 guards or so.)

Quote from: Frelock
Dash to the temple, slicing through any zombies that get in my way.

[4]  You head out following the same path Ochita did.  You encounter the civilian zombie mob.  Waiting for not even an instant you run towards them and [5] [(6+3)x2=18 damage] perform a complicated set of moves, beheading three of the zombies in a row followed by two mighty cleaves which down three zombies a piece.  You feel as though you are more powerful now.

(I believe this is your 3rd skill up which will put you at level 2.  Starting at level 2 you gain access to SKILLS!  Skills are basically more complicated move sets that can be used to guarantee results.  For example, that move set up above could be used to kill 3 lesser enemies and cleave 2 more powerful ones guaranteed.  You can only use skills once a day and will gain them once every other level so there's my schpeal on the new skill system.  Oh, and +1 Weapon Use  Also, I reserve final say on whether or not you can get a skill at a particular time.)

Quote from: SeriousConcentrate
"Scratch one zombie," I say, ejecting the spent shell casing as the roof collapses on the general. With that one taken care of, I have a bit of time to observe the situation, and I notice someone else outside about to get swarmed. It's going to have to be a plain shot... I can't risk trying the same thing here, I think, ejecting the clip to check the amount of bullets left. Two in the clip, one in the chamber... I'll have to reload soon. I put the clip back in and take aim through the scope at some of the zombies around Khan.

[4]  You take aim towards the temple again.  This time towards the zombies assaulting Khan.  There's only one thing to do.  [5] [(4+2+1)x2=14 damage]  You take aim at Zombies and manage to kill 7 with one shot.  You begin wondering whether or not some priest blessed the bullets you are using.

Quote from: kilakan
Call for help from the temple, and continue attacking the undead, attempt to set the most on fire as opposed to going for the kills.

[1]  You attempt to call out to the temple, but find you are quite thirsty and your voice cracks unable to say anything, much less yell loud enough for anyone in the temple to hear you.  [5] [(2+2+1)x2=10 damage] You elect to finish off the zombies that had the nerve to attack you.  With a clean slice through them they all fall down and burst into flames.

Quote from: Gardios Sorrowsworn
Grab Weapons, head to town hall

[2]  Still befuddled by seeing Ochita carrying around a barstool, Gardios just barely makes it back up to his room.  Just barely.

Spoiler: Enemy Turns (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Enemy Status (click to show/hide)

Skeletal Mob 1 (Temple)
Health:  25

Status Changes:

Spoiler: Ochita (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Frelock (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Flintus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Malgun (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dorlek (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Khan (click to show/hide)

Status of Zaludthur:
Temple:  1 turn until forced open (paused)
Town Hall:  Open and evacuated
Civilians Alive: 514 (5 dead, 31 undead)
Houses Intact:  62/64
Graveyard:  100/250 graves intact, 125/250 graves immune, 25/250 graves defiled

Sorry I was so slow this weekend.  I'll update the status on Page 1 tomorrow sometime.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: November 08, 2010, 04:02:48 am »

It's all good.

Looking at Khan through the scope, I recognize him as one of the other people here to meet the representative. A quick sweep of the battlefield also shows that Frelock, Ochita, and Dor'lek are outside. Frelock looks like he's handling himself very well, and he and Ochita are headed towards Khan, so I figure the three of them can hold their own and look towards the priest. A mob of zombies is heading towards him... definitely not good.

I lean out of the window. "Stay down! I'll cover you!" I yell, hoping he hears me, and aim at the zombies. Here's hoping my luck stays up, for his sake. I fire at the zombies and eject the spent shell. That probably drew their attention. I should take another shot, then retreat; that priest'll need some time to get to a better location himself, but this room's not going to be easy to defend if they get inside.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 04:10:24 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: November 08, 2010, 04:21:24 am »

The guards seem to be holding fine for now so I will head back into town and rally every able-bodied citizen I can find and try to get them equipped.

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: November 08, 2010, 04:21:56 am »

Seeing the mob of zombies coming for him, Dor'lek turns his attention away from the infestor to look out for his own safety. "Back to Oblivion!", he yells as he casts Destroy Undead upon the encroaching Zombie Mob 3.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 116