Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 116

Author Topic: Zealots and Demons RTD Epilogue  (Read 94061 times)

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 113: Malgun has failed.
« Reply #1320 on: June 28, 2011, 02:28:00 am »

That quite well sums up my historical questions for now, thanks.  :)

I think Ochita and Havor'e are missing feats, by the way.
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: June 28, 2011, 03:33:32 am »

Fortify a position, and get ready for the combat.

So.. I carry an artifact, and a book that essentially holds the knowledge of doing a lot of things?

Whoo boy.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: June 28, 2011, 04:46:13 pm »

"Just focus on not gettign hit right now, and maby get out of my line of fire for a bit, this could sting otherwise", Waterblast the SOBs
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: June 28, 2011, 07:09:13 pm »

"I am sorry, friend; I know that the crystals are important, but I cannot abandon my family, even if it should mean delaying my duty.  I leave for Velnex tomorrow, following LeBlanc.  I'll probably cook up some report for LeStronge to explain my absence, though since I'm supposed to be 'assisting' LeBlanc, he will hopefully be kept in the dark for a little while.  After my family is safe, I believe it would be best if I assist LeBlanc for a while in the relations with the trolls.  I would suggest that you go and search for the crystals at the same time.  We divide our tasks, and conquer them.  First, though, it would be useful to find an enchanter that could provide us with some means of keeping in touch."
All generalizations are false....including this one.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: June 28, 2011, 07:25:47 pm »

Oh ho ho ho, this is going to be fun, now you're going to know why I spent so much time designing this area.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: June 28, 2011, 09:02:11 pm »

Yes, I know I'm uttering the phrase that should never be said, but "Let's split the party!"
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: June 28, 2011, 09:32:58 pm »

NO, YOU FOOL! DON'T YOU KNOW, YOU NEVER SPLIT THE PARTY!

Now I'm gonna take all the loot while you guys aren't looking! Oh wait... nevermind. Go right ahead.  :P

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: June 28, 2011, 10:11:46 pm »

You won't be able to for a while, FOR YOU HAVE MADE A COSTLY MISTAKE!  IT COSTS MONEY TO HITCH A RIDE OUT OF HERE!  MUKUKUKUKUKUKU!!!

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: June 29, 2011, 11:59:07 am »

I'm going to be gone for a couple of days, sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: July 01, 2011, 04:18:02 pm »

Uggg, nothing I write feels right for the backstory.  This may take a while, I should be able to get the post out by sometime tonight though.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 114: Wall of Text attacks!!!
« Reply #1330 on: July 02, 2011, 04:45:49 am »

Quote from: SeriousConcentrate
Malgun sighed. "Sorry, my lady. I guess the only thing I can say for myself is that I tried to do what I thought was right, even if it wasn't correct." He leaned on the wall. This was a chance to learn something new, however, and he wasn't going to pass it up. "Yes, please. I'm quite interested." Seeing events as they happened from Sareesa's point of view would be much more interesting than some scholar's dry, lifeless account of what he thought happened to her. "I'm ready whenever you are."

"Sorry for what reason, it'd be quite a bit to ask for you to know everything about my life, and be able to recreate my actions as well."  She says, you can almost sense her smiling.  With that you are back at the cliff overlooking the road. 

Sentinel comes up behind you.  "Yah be sure 'dat one o' 'dese Zealots be a demon, right?"  You nod back silently.  You look down and see that you have already activated the claws.  She feels a lot more athletic with these out, not that her athleticism was inconsiderable before.  It slightly annoys you that the very first thing you tried to do would have put you on the right path but the foreign concept of casting magic caused you to fail.

In a minute or so you see the group of Zealots pass by.  Sareesa/You begin to mutter under her/your breath and you see three small enchantment circles come into being in front of her.  Suddenly three different symbols flash into each of the circles.  You recognize them as the runes for "Lift" "Time" and "Bind".  The five Zealots behind the leader are instantly lifted into the air and trapped inside a bubble in which they move at a snails pace.  It'll take them minutes to even fall out from the bubbles.  You're slightly shocked as the true feeling of casting magic covers you.

"So predictable."  Even as he turns to face Sareesa you can feel more Components coming into being.  Only two this time, "Break" and "Reveal"  Suddenly the symbol for reveal appears right behind the Leader and his army beings to glow with fel runes in an evil green light.  The Armor begins to break away forcing the demon to take his true form.  He is vaguely humanoid with claws of his own to match Sareesa's, unlike a human however his skin, where he has any, is charred black and fire dances all over his body with a permanent presence where his stomach "should" be but appears to be missing.  He also has horns growing from his head and floats above the ground.  By this time all the horses have turned an ran away.

"It's just not possible, this power," the demon muses as suddenly you jump down to the road.  Your legs, despite bending on impact still hurt.  The trolls soon follow behind.  "BURN YOU FIEND!" yells the demon as suddenly circles of flame appear around feet.  One of the trolls by instinct backs up outside of the circle and as he does they all flare up burning away the dress that you were wearing leaving only the Hardened Scorpion Chitin armor to protect you.  Even despite the burning you feel the demon begin to claw at you.  A couple get through but luckily the armor holds and you are knocked out of the flames by the assault.  Consumed by rage you jump forward into the Demon knocking him to the ground as you claw at his chest.  Giant chunks of the demons charred flesh are separated from his body as his black blood gets all over your face and the rest of your body.

Eventually he manages to back up and you look back and see the trolls are still trying to regroup after the fearsome fire that engulfed you only seconds ago.  This needs to end quickly before the demon manages to get the upper hand.  Quickly muttering the necessary words light soon surrounds you radiating up from the ground.  "Imperial" "Holy" "Blast"  The light emanating up from the ground soon becomes living strands of light and break into pieces piercing through the demon.  Grabbing onto one of the strands before it broke apart you now point it straight at the demon and expend all it's energy in one blast of brilliance.  When you can finally see again, all that is left of the demon is the corrupted human soul that it originated from.  Defenseless you walk forward a little, before the soul can even float away Sareesa grabs onto it with her claws, now suddenly forming a magical extension to her right arm.  "Sorry." she says before the claws suddenly lose their characteristic white color and blast the corrupted soul with one last burst of holy energy.

Falling down onto your back you feel the battle beginning to take it's effect on you.  Sentinel approaches you.  "Yah did good little sista'.  Let's be gettin' yah back ta tha' Witch Doctor, he sure to have a potion ta be fixin' yah right up."  You feel Sentinel help you up and support most of your weight.  You begin walking slowly back to the village you call home. 

A few hours later

After a quick bath in the river after getting fixed up by the Witch Doctor you are laying on a straw mat in Sentinel's home.  He's outside talking with the Zealots, who are now much more interested in recruiting you after seeing your prowess at hunting demons first-hand rather than mistakenly thinking you use demonic magic.  You changed into a long white night gown with your scorpion chitin armor ruined and the multi-layered dress burned away.  You reach up and feel your hair, the which doctor restored it, but it still doesn't feel right. 

Sentinel soon enters.  "'Dose Zealots, 'dey be wantin' you to join 'dem.  'Dey t'ink 'dat yah be able to hunt 'dah demons down more effectively after 'dey get done trainin' yah in magic."

You sit there thinking for a moment before you make a decision, "'Dey must stop 'da attacks against our people, and be lettin' any Troll join who wants to if 'dey be wantin' my help."  you pause for a moment before asking "If 'dey be acceptin' 'dat, will yah be comin' with me?"

Sentinel nods slowly, "Yeah.  I t'ink 'dat I be havin' a place at yah side.  Yah be more than a sista' to me, I be goin with yah ta' the very end."  He says  "I be tellin' 'dem 'dat, we be seein' what they say soon, stay here, I take care of everyt'ing."

You look up at the ceiling feeling a deep warmth in your soul.  It's unmistakable, Sareesa has always loved Sentinel.  Suddenly the illusion crashes around you again and you find yourself on a marble floor.  You feel a slight upward sensation.  "Next time I'll have to watch one of your memories.  I don't suppose you have any questions do you?" you hear Sareesa ask you, almost playfully.  What a strange goddess, to keep all her human emotions, and maybe even a sense of humor despite being so much more than human now. 

Quote from: Zako
Oh good, they left. Let's see if those lovely ladies are still in service downstairs.

You head back downstairs, and you see the ladies are still there.  You lick your lips with desire, maybe it's finally time to "get acquainted" with the Draconian.

Quote from: Dor'lek
Dor'lek turns to Frelock "What have you got goin' through your mind, friend? We should be getting ta' the crystals to ultimately close da portal... But having a more united Zealot Party to back us up could prove invaluable... Not ta' mention the Trolls. First thing be first, though; We need everyone else in our party on the same page." Dor'lek tries to get messages sent to all those in the group to meet at the Gardens in a few hours. Otherwise, he sticks with Frelock.

[8+1= 9 of 2]  You conveniently magic up a simple messenger spell that will relay the message to the rest of the group whenever they aren't busy (a.k.a. they can actually make their way to the gardens.  Problem solved!

Quote from: Ochita
Fortify a position, and get ready for the combat.

[4]  Taking everything you can find in the room you stack it up and create a very makeshift barricade, hopefully it'll be enough.  The stone constructs actually get in the way of knocking the door down.  The Demons still manage to make moderate progress however.  It's just about ready to burst open, you think you might be able to hit one of them if you attacked through the door. 

[3] [auto-kill] Kerrigan does so and takes out one of the Stone Constructs.

Lesser Demons left:  21 (8 present)
Stone Constructs left:  91 (18 present)

Quote from: wolfchild
"Just focus on not gettign hit right now, and maby get out of my line of fire for a bit, this could sting otherwise", Waterblast the SOBs

[6]  Before even saying anything Fighter gets out of the way.  Thank goodness you have competent help. [4] (2+[1]+[5]= 8 damage each)  A sudden wave of water appears from your hands and knocks the cultists against the wall silently, killing two of them.

Quote from: Frelock
"I am sorry, friend; I know that the crystals are important, but I cannot abandon my family, even if it should mean delaying my duty.  I leave for Velnex tomorrow, following LeBlanc.  I'll probably cook up some report for LeStronge to explain my absence, though since I'm supposed to be 'assisting' LeBlanc, he will hopefully be kept in the dark for a little while.  After my family is safe, I believe it would be best if I assist LeBlanc for a while in the relations with the trolls.  I would suggest that you go and search for the crystals at the same time.  We divide our tasks, and conquer them.  First, though, it would be useful to find an enchanter that could provide us with some means of keeping in touch."

[2]  Hmmmm. . . you can't really come up with a decent reason to leave other than the obvious.  At least you know an enchanter or two, namely Dor'lek and Havor'e who appears to be in town as Dor'lek no doubt told you about for plot convenience.

Enemy Turns

[1]  The Cultist is currently too busy regaining his bearings to even attempt to attack fighter.  This suits fighter just fine.

Enemy Status

Stone Constructs 1-18:
Health:  1

Lesser Demons 1-8:
Health:  5

Cultists 1:
Health:  2

Cultist 2:  *dead*

Cultist 3:  *dead*

Status Changes:

Spoiler: Ochita (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Frelock (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Zako (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Malgun (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dor’lek (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: wolfchild (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Kerrigan (click to show/hide)

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 114: Wall of Text attacks!!!
« Reply #1331 on: July 02, 2011, 05:36:35 am »

"ok let us finish them," earth bolt the cultist, at exactly the same time as fighter strikes, lets ee him dodge both, afterwards grab thier swords, if any and leave with the mages
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: July 02, 2011, 06:59:52 am »

Malgun felt like kicking himself. If I had just known how to speak Troll from the beginning I would've understood what Sentinel was saying! Damn it! Or if I had just been quicker on picking up magic... When he got back out of this place and in town, the first thing he would do would be find a bookstore and buy everything he could about the Troll language and the basics of magic. They would be something to read during the journey and would prevent this from happening a second time.

My real mistake was attacking all of the Zealots... so up to then I was doing pretty good, I think... He decided to take some comfort in that. Sareesa then joked about watching one of his memories, and he shook his head. "Unless you like seeing a child alienated, pushed to the ground, and beaten by other children, or long stretches of a boy sitting alone in his room reading a book or tinkering with scrap metal, I don't think you would enjoy my memories much. Not that my teenage years were any better. Still on my own all the time, still reading, still tinkering, still brawling with the others my age; the only real difference in my routine was practicing with this rifle of mine, and fighting back when I had to." He sighed.

"That's enough of that gloominess. I'm not the only person who's had a hard life in this world." Sareesa herself had had to grow up among a people other than her own and hunted demons for all her life, and loved someone she shouldn't have according the rules of both her new and old societies. In any case, she had asked him if he had a question, and he thought. "Demon souls... what happens when I purify them? Are the demons just gone?" he asked.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: July 02, 2011, 09:22:39 am »

Indeed, now is the time to get 'acquainted' with this draconian. No sense having a treasure such as this if you don't enjoy it, right?

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: July 02, 2011, 03:10:04 pm »

Good news everybody (or nobody), I've just about finished the outline for the military system.  The government bureaucrats are still giving me a headache though.
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 116