Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 116

Author Topic: Zealots and Demons RTD Epilogue  (Read 94054 times)

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile

Consecrate the area.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile

Once they were done, Havor'e announced her presence, and inquired as to what the enchanting was about
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Malgun leaned on the wall and watched the two trolls interact. I never really thought of Dor'lek and Havor'e as male and female. ...Guess I'm too much of a shut-in to even consider the idea of romance. He sighed to himself, then approached the others. "Hi. Sorry I'm late," he said. "What's our next plan of action? You've got something in mind, right?" he asked. "Or do you want to wait for Ochita and Zack to get here? Oh, right, you three haven't met Zack yet." He thought about it for a moment.

"I don't know too much about him myself, but he was helping Ochita out when I ran into him..." Malgun went on to tell them about his recent adventures, hitting on the main points that there was an underground dungeon that had something to do with the Zealots, and ended with a series of trials - or so he assumed, he didn't really know where the other paths would lead - in the form of illusions duplicating a day in the life of a founder. He admitted to screwing his up as well, which led him to his final question. "Um, Havor'e, Dor'lek... would you guys consider trying to teach me magic? I know I could have passed that if I had just had at least a basic understanding of spell casting."

Hmm, would blacksmithing fall under construction? If so I might have to see about buying some steel plates, leather, or other esoteric materials and see about getting Ochita (and anyone else who wants it) some armor... maybe upgrade my own, too.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

To Havor'e: "We were making some communication enchantments, as Frelock been planning on staying here to improve relations with the Zealots and the other Trolls as well as take care of a few... personal dealings. Anyway, with I, and hopefully the rest of the group, looking for crystals, we'd need a way to stay in touch..." He flashes the rock to Havor'e and smiles, "and this be it."

"What's our next plan of action? You've got something in mind, right?" he asked. "Or do you want to wait for Ochita and Zack to get here? Oh, right, you three haven't met Zack yet."

From what I can tell, the most effective approach for us would be ta go around collecting the crystals. From what we do know, they have the power to destroy or create more demonic gates... Both a useful power, and one that would best be kept out of the hands of those with less-ideal intentions.

Malgun went on to tell them about his recent adventures, hitting on the main points that there was an underground dungeon that had something to do with the Zealots, and ended with a series of trials - or so he assumed, he didn't really know where the other paths would lead - in the form of illusions duplicating a day in the life of a founder. He admitted to screwing his up as well, which led him to his final question. "Um, Havor'e, Dor'lek... would you guys consider trying to teach me magic? I know I could have passed that if I had just had at least a basic understanding of spell casting."

"Hmm, that's a rather interesting story..." Dor'lek thinks, does he know anything about the "trials" that are being described to him? "Anyway, yes, I'd be more than willin' ta take ya under my wing for casting. I was just plannin' on going to the market to find some books on casting myself while we wait for the others; if you came along, I'm sure I'd be able ta help you out."

Not sure if Havor'e is coming along or not. If she is staying, tell her to tell any of the party members where we went and that we will be back soon. If she's coming with, Dor'lek writes a note that explains where they would be going and gives it to the bartender."Be on a lookout for my friends; if ya see em', give them this note"

As they head to the market, Dor'lek asks Flintus, "So what sort of magic have ya' got your eye on?"
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 01:45:36 pm by CoughDrop »
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile

"I think i will coma along, it has been a while since i have gotten out"
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Malgun thought about the question as they walked. "Hmm. I think it would be best to start with the basics before I try to learn anything specialized. I do know a little bit of enchantment, if that helps," he offered. "But if I had to pick I would prefer to learn divine magic. That was the kind used in the trial and I have the feeling I'll need to know it in the future." He looked around at some of the stalls as they passed. "I feel kinda bad about just leeching off of you guys though. Is there something I can do for you? I'm pretty good at building things," he said. Maybe he could make them something.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 117: Back underground.
« Reply #1356 on: July 08, 2011, 09:22:18 pm »

After seeing Frelock mark his coin, Dor'lek thinks it might be a good idea to mark his rock as well. It sure would be a nightmare to lose it on a rocky path, he thinks to himself.

After spotting Havor'e, he goes to greet her warmly "Ay', it be nice to see your face again... You're a bit early." Havor'e being one of the few female trolls around, he feels the need to be more courteous (and perhaps even romantic). "I was thinkin' of browsing some books in the market whilst we wait on our friends; might you accompany me?"

To Havor'e: "We were making some communication enchantments, as Frelock been planning on staying here to improve relations with the Zealots and the other Trolls as well as take care of a few... personal dealings. Anyway, with I, and hopefully the rest of the group, looking for crystals, we'd need a way to stay in touch..." He flashes the rock to Havor'e and smiles, "and this be it."

"What's our next plan of action? You've got something in mind, right?" he asked. "Or do you want to wait for Ochita and Zack to get here? Oh, right, you three haven't met Zack yet."

From what I can tell, the most effective approach for us would be ta go around collecting the crystals. From what we do know, they have the power to destroy or create more demonic gates... Both a useful power, and one that would best be kept out of the hands of those with less-ideal intentions.

Malgun went on to tell them about his recent adventures, hitting on the main points that there was an underground dungeon that had something to do with the Zealots, and ended with a series of trials - or so he assumed, he didn't really know where the other paths would lead - in the form of illusions duplicating a day in the life of a founder. He admitted to screwing his up as well, which led him to his final question. "Um, Havor'e, Dor'lek... would you guys consider trying to teach me magic? I know I could have passed that if I had just had at least a basic understanding of spell casting."

"Hmm, that's a rather interesting story..." Dor'lek thinks, does he know anything about the "trials" that are being described to him? "Anyway, yes, I'd be more than willin' ta take ya under my wing for casting. I was just plannin' on going to the market to find some books on casting myself while we wait for the others; if you came along, I'm sure I'd be able ta help you out."

Not sure if Havor'e is coming along or not. If she is staying, tell her to tell any of the party members where we went and that we will be back soon. If she's coming with, Dor'lek writes a note that explains where they would be going and gives it to the bartender."Be on a lookout for my friends; if ya see em', give them this note"

As they head to the market, Dor'lek asks Flintus, "So what sort of magic have ya' got your eye on?"

[5]  You successfully turn your rock bright yellow so you won't lose it.  [1]  What market, you mean that elusive market almost nobody has managed to get to yet, that market? [1]  You somehow end up underground.  You have no idea how this keeps happening to everyone (as Malgun has informed you)

Quote from: wolfchild
Once they were done, Havor'e announced her presence, and inquired as to what the enchanting was about.

"I think i will come along, it has been a while since i have gotten out"

[2]  You follow Dor'lek straight back into the Underbelly.  Really, how is the market this well hidden.  You begin to seriously consider purchasing a map.

Quote from:
Malgun leaned on the wall and watched the two trolls interact. I never really thought of Dor'lek and Havor'e as male and female. ...Guess I'm too much of a shut-in to even consider the idea of romance. He sighed to himself, then approached the others. "Hi. Sorry I'm late," he said. "What's our next plan of action? You've got something in mind, right?" he asked. "Or do you want to wait for Ochita and Zack to get here? Oh, right, you three haven't met Zack yet." He thought about it for a moment.

"I don't know too much about him myself, but he was helping Ochita out when I ran into him..." Malgun went on to tell them about his recent adventures, hitting on the main points that there was an underground dungeon that had something to do with the Zealots, and ended with a series of trials - or so he assumed, he didn't really know where the other paths would lead - in the form of illusions duplicating a day in the life of a founder. He admitted to screwing his up as well, which led him to his final question. "Um, Havor'e, Dor'lek... would you guys consider trying to teach me magic? I know I could have passed that if I had just had at least a basic understanding of spell casting."

Malgun thought about the question as they walked. "Hmm. I think it would be best to start with the basics before I try to learn anything specialized. I do know a little bit of enchantment, if that helps," he offered. "But if I had to pick I would prefer to learn divine magic. That was the kind used in the trial and I have the feeling I'll need to know it in the future." He looked around at some of the stalls as they passed. "I feel kinda bad about just leeching off of you guys though. Is there something I can do for you? I'm pretty good at building things," he said. Maybe he could make them something.

[6]  NO, NOT AGAIN!!!  You break ranks and make it to the Market, [1] unfortunately minus your two fellows.  Suddenly you feel a pair of eyes following you no matter where you go.  You instinctively look down at your hand, when you realize the color has changed slightly and gained a tinge of blue.  You have a sickening feeling that you've been found.   Looking around you see nobody who immediately stands out.

Quote from: Zako
Bah, stupid draconian. I'll make sure to slap her around later. In the mean time, randomly punish someone for some kind of petty crime against me overly harshly. That should cheer me up some.

YOU, YES YOU WITH THE FACE!  Your presence annoys me, go away, you're fired.  You feel better now.

[-6 Sanity]

Quote from: Ochita
Consecrate the area.

[4]  Finally, a bit of a break, the demons and constructs won't be able to come in while your consecration is up.

Lesser Demons left:  12
Stone Constructs left:  66

Quote from: Frelock A.I.
Derp?

[4] You derp around quite successfully.

Enemy Turns

Enemy Status

Status Changes:

Spoiler: Ochita (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Frelock (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Zako (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Malgun (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dor’lek (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: wolfchild (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Kerrigan (click to show/hide)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 117: Back underground
« Reply #1357 on: July 08, 2011, 11:01:35 pm »

Ahhh, the satisfaction of dealing overly harsh punishment onto lowlings. Time for some entertainment! Let's think up insulting names for people judged on their body. That should provide a few laughs!

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: July 08, 2011, 11:03:26 pm »

Finish considering and get that map, then catch up, oh damn i have no money nevermind, ask them how they navigate

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: July 08, 2011, 11:13:31 pm »

Lets see If I can't find a way to make a trap or two, to kill a couple more creatures.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: July 09, 2011, 08:27:35 am »

Malgun looked at the back of his hand for a second time. That coloration and the feeling of being watched meant for sure someone - or something - was after him. Damn... what do I do? Should I go to a deserted area and see who follows me, or should I stick to a crowd? Both have their pros and cons; maybe I can lose whatever's chasing me by leaving but if it follows then I'll be alone. Sticking in a crowd means I might be able to blend in and lose them that way, and maybe they won't try anything where people can see them... but on the other hand I don't know who's watching me, and that would make it easier for them to sneak up on me.

Either way I have to keep moving. Standing around isn't going to do me any good. Most of all... I can't let them know that I know. He looked around for a restaurant of some sort. Going to get food was a natural sort of thing to do and he would still be in a crowd, albeit a smaller one, and he could get his back to a wall without it looking too suspicious. Sure it meant it would be harder to run, but with any luck he wouldn't have to.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: July 10, 2011, 02:42:22 pm »

Meanwhile, at Sareesa's Stronghold in the depths of the Nether,

Sentinel walked through the winding halls of the Stronghold slowly making his way across to Sareesa.  Something wasn't right, these halls were nearly empty and the demon's numbers were overwhelming outside.  Even now he could here the sound of the horde outside beating worthlessly against the walls.  What Sareesa had built could only be destroyed by an equal power, which had not been found in one thousand years of searching.

After a few more empty soul-crushing minutes Sentinel has reached Sareesa.  Alone, she is standing before him wearing a blue dress with a complex white pattern woven in.  "Your dress, take it off."  Sentinel says still walking towards her.  Obediently, she begins to take it off but hesitates before removing in.  Eventually after a few seconds the dress drops to the floor.  Where one would expect a normal human stomach there was nothing but a writhing mass of inhuman flesh.

"That obvious, huh?"

"I know you.  Despite it being years since we last met, I can tell certain things just from seeing your eyes.  Your eyes are full of sadness, of fear.  The emptiness of these halls makes sense now, how long ago did they figure out."

"About a week, one my warriors walked in while I was sleeping, unfortunately I wasn't adequately. . . covered I suppose."

"This is ridiculous, you must abandon the Stronghold and come back for a while so you can begin to purify your soul once more.  I know your plans to close the gate and choose a successor are nearing fruition, but if you are this corrupted when you give up your divinity to close the gate, the most your mortal body will be able to do is ask for a swift death before you completely turn."

Sareesa's eyes suddenly flash silver for a second before returning to their normal color and looking off into the distance.  "I'm not sure there is any coming back from this.  A thousand years in the nether, and ultimately no demon could ever come close to my power in single combat.  Even still they ultimately won by making me draw too deep, making me lower my layers of protection for just a moment in order to destroy hordes of them, all at once.  Why didn't I see earlier that this is what they've always wanted.  I'm so much more valuable to them alive, as one of them, then dead."

"Just once I wanted to put a little effort into it, and see how much of a difference I could make using a tenth of my ability."

Suddenly the very sanctuary itself seems to begin speaking.  "I guarantee you, you'll need more than that to defeat me you half-breed bitch!"

Sareesa's eyes begin to glow silver again as her full combat armor begins to form around her.  First purified silver boots appear around her feat then slowly white skin-tight leggings appear.  Human flesh begins to grow over her demon infesting stomach as the leggings begin to turn into a full suit made up of Heavenweave cloth.  Behind her a cloak attacked to two purified silver pauldrons and a purified sword forms into existence.  Around her waist there is a belt made of the purified silver with some shaped pieces of the purified silver hanging off of it in order to protect her legs from dismemberment.

Sentinel too has readied himself for a confrontation using his status as a demi-god in service of Sareesa to erase all the aging his body had underwent when it was suddenly transferred back to Norrec.  His sword now out flashes with white light, holy and perfect for slaying whatever demon shows up.

Dust begins to swirl around Sareesa as her eyes continue to glow silver focusing all of her energy inwards on her greatest disability, her demonic infestion.  She begins to isolate the corrupted parts of her soul into as small a piece as possible.  Isolating it from the rest of her soul and from any part of her body, at least temporarily, she looks towards the doors to the chamber.

Slowly a shadow begins to appear over the door as the sound of a single pair of metal boots approaches.  When the door opens there is a twisted replica of Sareesa there.  Dressed in the same outfit and wielding the very same weapons as Sareesa both Sentinel and the true Sareesa take a step back.  "Don't tell me you're going to give up now.  I was looking forward to slowly wearing you down and burying my face in your innards.  It's not everyday that one can feast on their own host after all."

To be continued

((How did you guys like that, I throwin' some twists in there now.))

Edit:  ((As always please give me feedback, I'm trying to make this interesting, so if you guys don't like the direction I can alter course.  I have enough ideas to change just about anything lol.))
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 03:47:23 pm by V-Norrec »

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 117.5: Sareesa in Peril
« Reply #1362 on: July 10, 2011, 07:54:13 pm »

OK, I'm seriously considering writing the second part of this up right now.  Damn my creativity I just want to keep going and going and going :(

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: July 10, 2011, 10:32:47 pm »

Go for it bro! We demand satisfaction and more storytelling!

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: July 11, 2011, 01:52:56 am »

Sareesa regained her composure and drew her sword from behind her back silently.  "Stay back, this is beyond you." she said to Sentinel as he slowly stepped back as per Sareesa's wishes. 

"Don't worry little troll, you'll be joining your lover soon enough." said the demon in a voice that was almost identical to Sareesa's.  Were there any limits to how much this demon could mimic Sareesa.  The mimic also drew an identical replica to Sareesa's sword.

I can't read her, she's unlike any other demon I've ever faced.  She's a demon with no soul of her own.  All reason says she should be weak beyond belief, but demons don't just throw their lives away like this.  Something isn't right. Sareesa thought trying to reason what possible advantage this demon might have over her that would cause such a brazen attack.  The shock value of the mimic was already wasted, there could be nothing left to change even the smallest detail of this battle, it would be over in one strike.  Sareesa ran forward her divine powers channeled, making her just as strong and fast as the most well-trained mortal.  With one hand the demon blocked the attack and pushed Sareesa back putting it's sword back into a resting position, unsuited for attack or defense.  I didn't even see her move, what am I facing?

After a second Sareesa approached again this time using her magic to strike at both shoulders and the head at once, the shoulders from below and the head from above, bus somehow this. . . demon, if that's what it was, managed to dodge all three attacks.  "Please, is this really the best you can do.  Your strength has made you weak.  You are clearly the most powerful god that ever was, and still you can't kill me."  The Demon Sareesa then finally begins to attack rather than toying around any longer.  Even with just a simple slash across the mid-section it is all Sareesa can do to keep her hands steady on her sword.  This strength is tremendous but I still can't sense anything.  She's not even using the smallest amount of her power, is this demon so naturally strong that she doesn't need it even to bring down a god.  No that is impossible, demons have no self-restraint.  I must be miscalculating somewhere.  After only a minute Sareesa is disarmed her sword sticking out of a pillar, completely piercing the stone.

I can do nothing against this opponent, I must flee.  Sareesa uses her divine power to summon another sword.  "You were right, I can't defeat you." when suddenly Sareesa charges her opponent.  Expecting an attack from the front the demon begins to move to deflect the attack when Sareesa disappears before reappearing behind the demon ready to slice her head.  Not even a moment later the demon slices of Sareesa's sword arm.  Grabbing a hold of the severed limb Sareesa disappears again and appears next to Sentinel with an enchantment circle under both of them.  Just as I thought.  In a moment they disappear leaving the demon alone.

Twenty miles outside of Blue Blood Tower,

Sareesa and Sentinel appear along the river bank about a day's walk to Blue Blood Tower.  Sareesa's recently severed arm still pouring out blood at an astonishing rate.  Sareesa puts the severed limb up to the stump and with a little bit of magic reattaches it.  "How strong was that demon?"

"I. . . I don't know.  I could never sense her using even an iota of her true power.  For all I know it might only have taken a magic blast to kill her or it may have only strengthened her.  I couldn't tell."

"So, what are we going to do now?"

"What you suggested, I must purify myself if I am to face this demon.  It's never been done before but the answer lies before us, in Blue Blood Tower."

"And you intend to announce your return to this world?"

"Of course not.  I do know one thing about that demon though, it could sense the divine magic running through me.  It is the only explanation for how it could so accurately predict my moves and counter them.  I'm almost certain if I attempted magic it would have turned the spell against me.  If I am to defeat that demon, it must be as a mortal."  Sareesa said as her whole body began to change.  Within a few minutes she had short blonde hair, her divine mark had entirely faded away, and her eyes now had a dull metal color rather that the hazel they normally were.  With my godly powers locked away, that demon shouldn't be able to find me, my aura is almost unnoticeable as a mortal.  I can't risk some extremist demon worshiper recognizing me and slaying me though, so changing my looks is the only choice left open to me, despite how I feel.  Sareesa reasoned to herself as she used the last of her divine power before she locked it away to perform the transformation.  She felt almost like child again, so much weaker than before.  At least with her divinity locked away with her demonic possession she wouldn't have to worry about turning while she remained a mortal as long as she was careful.

"That face doesn't suit you Sareesa.  You look distant, unmovable, cold.  I guess you're probably hungry now that you are mortal again, I'll go get you something."

"No, if I am to face that demon as a mortal, than I should at least be able to get my own food.  Also, my name is Miria for the time, try not to forget that."  With that Sareesa walked off still clad in the tattered heavenweave armor with only a sword to her new name, Miria.

Stubborn, just like always.  It's been so long since she's been challenged by anyone I'm not sure she has the cunning she once did.  I'm not sure she wants it anymore either.  I only hope she completes this goal of hers so we can finish our life together that was interrupted so long ago.  Sentinel sighed and sat down.  It was just like old times, Sareesa. . . Miria always the idealist trying to change the entire world without the help of anyone.

((I wasn't sure about the battle scene, but I think it turned out OK.  Do you guys like how the characters are turning out? I was afraid I'm making Sareesa too Mary-Sue-ish so I'm turning that against her, in a way, I think, maybe, I don't really know.  I'd kill for some feedback so I can improve this storyline and make a better game overall.))
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 10:46:16 pm by V-Norrec »
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 116