Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 116

Author Topic: Zealots and Demons RTD Epilogue  (Read 94056 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 114: Wall of Text attacks!!!
« Reply #1335 on: July 02, 2011, 03:20:03 pm »

Nice. ^^
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: July 02, 2011, 10:28:15 pm »

He sees Dor'lek create the small spell to communicate with his allies.  "That's useful," he says, "do you think we can make it go two ways?"  Using what little magic he has, he attempts to assist Dor'lek in the enchanting.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: July 03, 2011, 01:20:33 am »

"That's useful," he says, "do you think we can make it go two ways?"

"I... I'm not sure... It's worth a try." Try to make the spell be workable two-way.
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: July 04, 2011, 10:46:21 pm »

Quote from: wolfchild
"ok let us finish them," earth bolt the cultist, at exactly the same time as fighter strikes, lets ee him dodge both, afterwards grab thier swords, if any and leave with the mages

[5] [insta-kill]  You smash the cultist's head into a wall with an earth bolt.  Thankfully it didn't really make that much noise.  [4] You grab their weaponry and the mages and get out of the HQ.  You make it back to the University and drop them off when you get a message requesting you meet Dor'lek and Frelock in the Gardens when you can.  Oh and you learn the secrets of Tier 4 magic instantly somehow.  Also Fighter takes off with all the weapons saying his work was done.

Quote from: SeriousConcentrate
Malgun felt like kicking himself. If I had just known how to speak Troll from the beginning I would've understood what Sentinel was saying! Damn it! Or if I had just been quicker on picking up magic... When he got back out of this place and in town, the first thing he would do would be find a bookstore and buy everything he could about the Troll language and the basics of magic. They would be something to read during the journey and would prevent this from happening a second time.

My real mistake was attacking all of the Zealots... so up to then I was doing pretty good, I think... He decided to take some comfort in that. Sareesa then joked about watching one of his memories, and he shook his head. "Unless you like seeing a child alienated, pushed to the ground, and beaten by other children, or long stretches of a boy sitting alone in his room reading a book or tinkering with scrap metal, I don't think you would enjoy my memories much. Not that my teenage years were any better. Still on my own all the time, still reading, still tinkering, still brawling with the others my age; the only real difference in my routine was practicing with this rifle of mine, and fighting back when I had to." He sighed.

"That's enough of that gloominess. I'm not the only person who's had a hard life in this world." Sareesa herself had had to grow up among a people other than her own and hunted demons for all her life, and loved someone she shouldn't have according the rules of both her new and old societies. In any case, she had asked him if he had a question, and he thought. "Demon souls... what happens when I purify them? Are the demons just gone?" he asked.

[auto-success]  ((Stop talking, if you do I'll just have to keep auto-successing you and then I feel like I'm being unfair lol))  Sareesa says to you, "You aren't purifying them, you are destroying them.  There is no purification, they have been warped so they are only a shadow of their former selves.  Destroying the soul of the demon completely is the only way to keep them from coming back.  Killing only their physical form allows them to return which is unacceptable."  She sounds pretty serious about the whole thing.  Suddenly you find yourself back at the entrance to the . . . reliquary you'd guess but you aren't really certain, as the floor you were standing on stops at a hole in the floor that formed just as the platform approached.  "Good luck in your endeavors Malgun, we'll talk again soon I hope."

Suddenly you hear Dor'lek's voice speaking to you asking you to meet in the Gardens in a few hours.  How strange.

Quote from: Zako
Indeed, now is the time to get 'acquainted' with this draconian. No sense having a treasure such as this if you don't enjoy it, right?

... SHE TURNED YOU DOWN!!!  THIS IS IMPOSSIBLE!!!

[+2 Sanity]

Quote from: Frelock
He sees Dor'lek create the small spell to communicate with his allies.  "That's useful," he says, "do you think we can make it go two ways?"  Using what little magic he has, he attempts to assist Dor'lek in the enchanting.

[1]  You really don't know much about enchanting so you wouldn't feel safe messing with that kind of magic.

Quote from: CoughDrop
"I... I'm not sure... It's worth a try." Try to make the spell be workable two-way.

[2+1 = 3 out of 4]  Your enchantment fizzles, it would appear you have to have a pair of objects to cast the spell on in order for it to work.

Quote from: Ochita A.I.
Retribution, On.  Stab anything that comes through the door.

[5]  You turn Retribution on, like a boss.  [6]  You fail at stabbing things though :(

2 Additional Stone Constructs and 1 additional Lesser Demon arrive.

Lesser Demons left:  21 (9 present)
Stone Constructs left:  84 (12 present)

Enemy Turns

The door breaks down under the combined efforts of the Constructs and Demons.

7 Stone Constructs attack Doan.  [3] [5] [3] [4] [3] [3] [5]  Damage done:  [none] [2] [none] [none] [none] [none] [none]

5 Lesser Demons attack Doan.  [3] [5] [3] [5] [5]  Damage done:  [none] [none] [none] [8] [6]

Enemy Status

Stone Constructs 1-12:
Health:  1

Lesser Demons 1-5:

Lesser Demons 6-9:
Health:  5

Status Changes:

Spoiler: Ochita (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Frelock (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Zako (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Malgun (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dor’lek (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: wolfchild (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Kerrigan (click to show/hide)

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 115: Doan finds out how OP Retribution is.
« Reply #1339 on: July 04, 2011, 10:51:07 pm »

Stab things, like a boss.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: July 05, 2011, 12:21:03 am »

Perhaps using consecrate right about now might be a good idea? Take out a whole group of them at once that way.

WHAT?! HOW DARE SHE!! It's time to teach her some damn RESPECT for her betters!

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: July 05, 2011, 01:07:58 am »

Dor'lek turns once again to Frelock. "I think we be needin' two objects to get this workin' right. Why don't'cha hand me over an object you'd want with tha' enchantment." He picks up a smooth, roundish rock. "I'll be usin' dis on my end."

Go ahead and finish off my turn by attempting the enchantment on whatever object Frelock chooses.
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: July 05, 2011, 01:35:30 am »

Go to the others

by the way i have forgotten how many spells i need to choose now (sheepish grin), and what are feats?
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: July 05, 2011, 01:38:23 am »

You need to select or suggest two spells.  Feats are actions that don't require a roll and will automatically succeed.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: July 05, 2011, 05:50:05 am »

Malgun read the message. I should go there and meet up. I hope he hasn't been waiting on us too long. ...I hope Zack and Ochita are OK. He didn't see them anywhere, but that didn't necessarily mean anything. Maybe they hadn't finished their trials yet, or maybe they already had and were on their way. He adjusted his hat, checked hang of his rifle on his right shoulder and the sword across his back, made sure the artifact knife on his belt was secured, and set down his trapbox. Before I go, there's something I want to try.

He sat down and started disassembling the box, carefully setting aside all the springs, wood, and spikes to make sure he didn't damage any of the components. From the parts, he would make a pair of forearm-mounted spikes that could be concealed in the sleeves of his jacket. That way he was never truly unarmed; he just had to twist his wrist a certain way to get the spikes to come out for added punching power. Once he was done with that he would meet up with the others, putting the leftovers in his pack for later use.

Would this fall under Construction Genius? :P
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: July 05, 2011, 09:16:57 am »

i'l take earth shaping and pilar of fire then
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: July 06, 2011, 09:46:38 am »

Frelock pulls out a coin, and makes a small nick in it with his sword to mark it.  Here, this should be sufficient, I think.

By the way, going to be absent probably for another week.  Sorry; summer calls!
All generalizations are false....including this one.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Quote from: Ochita
Stab things, like a boss.

[2]  You attempt to slash out at one of your attackers, but there are just so many you don't manage to do anything effective against any of them.  [2] Neither does Kerrigan.

6 more Stone Constructs Arrive.

Lesser Demons left:  19 (7 present)
Stone Constructs left:  78 (12 present)

Quote from: Zako
WHAT?! HOW DARE SHE!! It's time to teach her some damn RESPECT for her betters!

You attempt to throttle the wench for her impudence, but a couple of your servants manage to drag you off of her before she dies.  Good thing too, it'd be a public relations disaster in what is already a disaster by it's very existence.

[-2 Sanity]

Quote from: CoughDrop
Dor'lek turns once again to Frelock. "I think we be needin' two objects to get this workin' right. Why don't'cha hand me over an object you'd want with tha' enchantment." He picks up a smooth, roundish rock. "I'll be usin' dis on my end."

[4+1=5 out of 4]  You take up the two objects and bind the spell to them, now all you have to do to communicate to the other is speak the holder's name.

Quote from: wolfchild
Go to the others

[5]  You head to the Gardens and find Dor'lek and Frelock in the bar, apparently doing some enchanting.  You think about announcing your presence but you quickly think better of it since enchanting is such a delicate process.

Quote from: SeriousConcentrate
Malgun read the message. I should go there and meet up. I hope he hasn't been waiting on us too long. ...I hope Zack and Ochita are OK. He didn't see them anywhere, but that didn't necessarily mean anything. Maybe they hadn't finished their trials yet, or maybe they already had and were on their way. He adjusted his hat, checked hang of his rifle on his right shoulder and the sword across his back, made sure the artifact knife on his belt was secured, and set down his trapbox. Before I go, there's something I want to try.

He sat down and started disassembling the box, carefully setting aside all the springs, wood, and spikes to make sure he didn't damage any of the components. From the parts, he would make a pair of forearm-mounted spikes that could be concealed in the sleeves of his jacket. That way he was never truly unarmed; he just had to twist his wrist a certain way to get the spikes to come out for added punching power. Once he was done with that he would meet up with the others, putting the leftovers in his pack for later use.

((It was a verbal message :P ))

Feat Activated:  You quickly dismantle your entire trap box and begin building something new.  In a matter of minutes it is finished, your greatest work yet you think.  Easily snapped to your arm with just a flick of your wrist you can launch 2 small spikes into the target.  Of course, it'd be better if those spikes were poisoned... preferably with something that causes paralysis or maybe even death.  After getting the spikes coated you might even be able to have somebody enchant them so that the poison perpetually renews it self.  Upon arriving at the bar in the Gardens your head is already swimming with ideas to perfect your new weapon.

Trap Box:  Destroyed
Wrist-Mounted Spike Launcher:  2d4 damage.

Quote from: Frelock
Frelock pulls out a coin, and makes a small nick in it with his sword to mark it.  Here, this should be sufficient, I think.

[auto-success]  Frelock gives Dor'lek said nicked coin and watches the amazing process of enchanting.

Enemy Turns

Stone Constructs:  1, 3(no dmg), 1, 4(no dmg), 6, 6, 6, 4(no dmg), 1, 3(no dmg), 3(no dmg), 5(no dmg)

Lesser Demons 1-5:  2, 2, 5(4 dmg), 2, 5(no dmg)

Lesser Demons 6-9:  6, 1, 4(2 dmg), 5(2 dmg)

Enemy Status

Stone Constructs 1-12:

Lesser Demons 1-5:

Lesser Demons 6-7:
Health:  5

Status Changes:

Spoiler: Ochita (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Frelock (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Zako (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Malgun (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dor’lek (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: wolfchild (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Kerrigan (click to show/hide)

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

After seeing Frelock mark his coin, Dor'lek thinks it might be a good idea to mark his rock as well. It sure would be a nightmare to lose it on a rocky path, he thinks to himself.

After spotting Havor'e, he goes to greet her warmly "Ay', it be nice to see your face again... You're a bit early." Havor'e being one of the few female trolls around, he feels the need to be more courteous (and perhaps even romantic). "I was thinkin' of browsing some books in the market whilst we wait on our friends; might you accompany me?"

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile

Bah, stupid draconian. I'll make sure to slap her around later. In the mean time, randomly punish someone for some kind of petty crime against me overly harshly. That should cheer me up some.
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 116