Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13

Author Topic: Flirting  (Read 14603 times)

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
Re: Flirting
« Reply #60 on: September 26, 2010, 09:28:33 am »

Yeah, vector, that is pretty low. You pretty much destroy any shred of pride and self-dignity they have, and laughing just grinds it up into a fine dust.

On another note, the best way to be rejected is when the girl simply says "no." No easy let down, no second guessing, it's simple.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 26, 2010, 12:08:32 pm »

This is like kicking puppies and stealing candy from kids combined. Do you have a thematic costume and a secret lair, Vector? Do you need a henchman? Did I just set myself up for a humiliating public rejection?

Yes, yes, send me a resume, and no if you're lucky.

Yeah, vector, that is pretty low. You pretty much destroy any shred of pride and self-dignity they have, and laughing just grinds it up into a fine dust.

I know.  It was nervous, happy laughter, not "hahaha you suck" laughter (though I worry a lot about them misinterpreting it).  Also it was six years ago, so I've mostly gotten over feeling guilty for it.

If it helps, I also said "Sorry, I can't go out with you because my mother wouldn't let me."  It was true.  Hurray for sheltered children ::)
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 26, 2010, 12:31:24 pm »

If it helps, I also said "Sorry, I can't go out with you because my mother wouldn't let me."  It was true.
I highly doubt they bought that after you laughed at them.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 26, 2010, 12:34:28 pm »

If it helps, I also said "Sorry, I can't go out with you because my mother wouldn't let me."  It was true.
I highly doubt they bought that after you laughed at them.

Eh, I'd hope with the amount of awkwardness and shame I was projecting around that statement, they'd feel a bit better--but again, if they didn't, then I'd think the guy might have been able to get over the mess by now.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 26, 2010, 12:34:51 pm »

What`s wrong with you guys? Lack the courage to ask someone out? Drink some beer.
Get rejected? Drink more beer.

:D

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 26, 2010, 12:40:14 pm »

"You and me babe, how about it?"

"LOL HAHAHAHAA... erm, excuse me, I mean.. uhm... my mom doesn't let me date strangers *giggle*"

Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 26, 2010, 12:45:01 pm »

"You and me babe, how about it?"

"LOL HAHAHAHAA... erm, excuse me, I mean.. uhm... my mom doesn't let me date strangers *giggle*"

No, more like "Hahahaha, uhm, I'm, I'm so sorry, um, I don't know what to say, um, thank you.  But, er, I'm really sorry, but, um, er, I d-d-d-don't think my mom would let me.  Um, I'm really sorry.  You understand, right?"

I have enough nervous tics to fuel a rocket launch.

ILikePie

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Ron
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 26, 2010, 12:52:00 pm »

Thats not so bad, not as bad as you made it sound.
What`s wrong with you guys? Lack the courage to ask someone out? Drink some beer.
Get rejected? Drink more beer.
Beer won't make you manly, oh no, but I hear there are pills, hrm, pills and powder, they do their job just fine.

Seriously though, people don't bite, at least most of them don't. I used to lack the confidence to speak to other guys, I couldn't even look some people in the eyes (does that rhyme? hmm.. I don't know). Asking someone out is as easy as saying "Hey, wanna go watch a movie tonight?" or something. I've yet to actually do this though, so I'm kinda blindly dropping advice right now.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 12:54:44 pm by ILikePie »

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 26, 2010, 12:59:26 pm »

Asking someone out is as easy as saying "Hey, wanna go watch a movie tonight?" or something.

Yeah, that's what I wanted to add.  It puts a lot of pressure on a someone when you come straight out and say "hey, do you wanna go out?" in a sort of "kay, you'll be my girl/boyfriend now, right?" manner.  That's a really, really bad position to be in (because it's a promise or a contract, in some sense), and it's a lot easier to go out to watch a movie or something--keep it casual.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 26, 2010, 01:01:12 pm »

I've gotten worse dumpings than that one...

"Hi, -insert name- I sort of regard you as a male friend to whom I can talk about the guys I like"
(to which I replied "Sure, wait here, going to fetch a drink")
She might still be there for all I know
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Renault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 26, 2010, 08:14:41 pm »

Actually Vector, when you put it like that, I'm pretty sure I've used almost exactly that same line, minus, the parent part. Now I feel sort of bad. Damn.

Ø

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 27, 2010, 12:27:15 am »

Just call her and ask her out.
Do it. Seriously. I always hesitate too long and then we know each other too well.

Girls aren't scary, she's not going to attack you.
Not physically anyway.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 27, 2010, 12:53:24 am »

Wait, how can you know each other too well? I'm befuddled by this concept.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 27, 2010, 12:58:37 am »

Hey Inte, I remember you from that Forum Game! :3

Anywho, I used to be just like you - if not worse - with women. But, looking back, it was really pathetic.

Suck in, stop being a pussy, and blurt it out if you're too scared to ask.
Deep breath, spit it out as fast as you can. Close your eyes if you have too.

I used to have such confidence issues. I fixed myself and worked my way out ofi t.
A pool of Dwarven Ale.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS ?

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 27, 2010, 06:42:21 am »

I can imagine a girl squinting and asking someone out. It would be painful to watch. Perhaps that's not the best idea :P
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13