Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13

Author Topic: Flirting  (Read 14606 times)

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile
Re: Flirting
« Reply #90 on: October 07, 2010, 12:04:11 pm »

Well, i think the best way to flirt is to start a normal conversation.. And then you have to wait for the right moment.

Like, you talk about boy and girlfriends and she says she hasn`t got one at the moment. Then you say "Wow, i can`t believe that a cute girl like you is a single." Real basic, i guess. With a bit of luck at least one such a chance will come up during every conversation.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 07, 2010, 02:16:51 pm »

Normal conversation, but with a lot more touching. If you're in a loud place, when you lean in to say something or hear what she's saying, put your hand on her shoulder and slide it down her arm when you lean back. Read her palm (just BS it), and follow the lines with your finger while you do so. Basically, use every excuse for body contact.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Renault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 07, 2010, 04:43:24 pm »

If you're going to follow DJ's advice, be aware of her responses. If, for whatever reason, you're not on the same wavelength, touching her too much will come across as the worst kind of creepy. So if she responds well, than you're good. If shes more awkward about it, maybe back off a tad.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 07, 2010, 04:54:13 pm »

Yeah, you really have to keep an eye on her reactions. Start off slow, and gradually escalate as far as you can without making her uncomfortable. If you notice you're pushing it too far, take two or three steps back, and then repeat the procedure. Usually you get farther each time (unless you pushed it too far and ruined things), and it takes multiple runs to get any results. If she's uncomfortable with even the lowest intensity stuff (light touch on the shoulder etc), quit wasting your time and go find somebody who's actually interested in you.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 07, 2010, 09:22:36 pm »

Uh, yeah, usually even if it's just playful touching it establishes the fact subconsciously to the girl that the relationship might be more than friends.

Carl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 08, 2010, 04:05:18 am »

Question:Do you like this girl?
Yes=go for it.
No=leave it.
Just because she is possibly flirting with you,doesn't mean you
have to respond in kind,but if you like her...

This thread has gone on to page 7 and no one has yet mentioned poetry?

Well,I just want to mention that it is a great way to relay/stir feelings,now obviously I'm talking about love poetry not the russian something or other,but if she liked russian poetry she should like the other kind as well.
I believe everyone can write poetry they just need to focus on the person you are writing it for and then add words,it doesn't have to ryhme.

You have her number right? Sraight to the phone is best.

I'll give you an examlpe:
You looked at me,
as we stood in the sea.
with the cool air around us and on our skin.
You make me quiver, my body of tin,
Walking with grace towards me,the waters before you part,
My throat is dry and my knees grow weak as your loving hand grips my heart.
You take me to the edge of reason,
and ask me to pledge my life out of season.
Like fresh mist in the mornig,you rest on my face.
Smooth as silk,sweet as satin and as lovely as lace,
your love wraps around me and holds me tight. 

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 08, 2010, 04:12:49 am »

I never liked romantic poetry. It feels unwieldy, like you're trying desperately to impress someone by being vague and dancing around the subject matter. It's like, shyness for bold people, it's weird.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 08, 2010, 04:33:48 am »

Wait, how can you know each other too well? I'm befuddled by this concept.

I believe he was talking about the Dreaded Friend Zone, bane of all everypeoples.

I have a related question if the OP doesn't mind a semi-hijacking. How do I flirt without comeing off odd or creepy? I've never had a big social life, mostly stayed to myself or a very small group of friends. The only girls I've ever dated hit on me first, asked me out first, etc. So I don't have alot of experiance with people, in like any way.

Honestly? Flirting is really just good conversation with respect for the other party as well as a little bit of charm. Pick up on what they're saying and bounce off of it. If that's still outside your familiarity zone, try talking to her in a group environment/discussion and keep returning to what she says (with eye contact / a friendly smile) until you have a sub-conversation going just with her. She'll notice your attention is predominantly on her.

I never liked romantic poetry. It feels unwieldy, like you're trying desperately to impress someone by being vague and dancing around the subject matter. It's like, shyness for bold people, it's weird.

Agreed. I imagine girls who have poetry read to them are sitting there thinking "Oh, great. He's either in love with me despite hardly knowing me, which is creepy, or he thinks that I'll just melt at his feet because he looked up some generic romance imagery on Google and set it to rhyme" while waiting for you to be over so they can awkwardly tell you that they thought it was 'nice.'

Well, i think the best way to flirt is to start a normal conversation.. And then you have to wait for the right moment.

Like, you talk about boy and girlfriends and she says she hasn`t got one at the moment. Then you say "Wow, i can`t believe that a cute girl like you is a single." Real basic, i guess. With a bit of luck at least one such a chance will come up during every conversation.

Discussing boyfriends/girlfriends to see if she's single is a good tactic, but I'd personally caution against 'a cute girl like you.' That throws you into Likes You For Your Looks territory rather early. I try not to compliment a girl I like on her looks until after I've gotten a bit closer to them and know them better to lock the potential relationship in as based on attractive personalities.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 08, 2010, 05:55:05 am »

I don't know if it's different for straight people* but I've got plenty of friends who are girls and I've never felt constrained in any way. You know? I don't feel 'friend zoned' with the girls I'm actually attracted (but with whom I don't feel like taking thing further) to because either I'm super vain (I mean, more vain than I know I am) or there's definitely a hint of reciprocation there. Perhaps the mere fact that I'm not planning on actually asking any of them out is coloring my view? Probably.

*I feel like I'm bringing that up way to much and yet conversations happen where I feel the need to. Perhaps I should get a megaphone, to help.

Dasleah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 08, 2010, 06:14:09 am »

You looked at me,
as we stood in the sea.
with the cool air around us and on our skin.
You make me quiver, my body of tin,
Walking with grace towards me,the waters before you part,
My throat is dry and my knees grow weak as your loving hand grips my heart.
You take me to the edge of reason,
and ask me to pledge my life out of season.
Like fresh mist in the mornig,you rest on my face.
Smooth as silk,sweet as satin and as lovely as lace,
your love wraps around me and holds me tight.

Poetry only works for those
who have never experienced romance
outside of being forced to read (read read read baby)
Shakespeare and Romantic Period poems
in High School
along those lines threatening to kill their brother or uncle
works just as well

Some chicks may dig (dig dig dig baby)
the poetry stuff
but honestly it doesn't work as a pickup line
or even an interesting hook
like rows of poppies in fields of green oooooh symbolism
Pokethulhu Orange: UPDATE 25
The Roguelike Development Megathread.

As well, all the posts i've seen you make are flame posts, barely if at all constructive.

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 08, 2010, 06:52:18 am »

KaguroDraven: It's not what you say, it how you say it. You have to be calm like James Bond, and confident and witty like Jack Sparrow. Some girls are going to accept going out just because you had the guts to ask them out in the middle of the day. 

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 08, 2010, 07:50:54 am »

ah, but there lies a problem, I am a complete and utter coward.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 08, 2010, 08:21:59 am »

I`m a bit cowardly in that matter (Flirting with girls..), too.

There`s one wonderful substance though.

Alcohol.

Or you just bite in the sour (Actually very sweet) Apple and you tell her. Take a deep breath and jump.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 08, 2010, 01:45:37 pm »

You know what's awesome about being raised Wiccan is that you get to do so much cool stuff with chicks you haven't met before.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 08, 2010, 01:52:36 pm »

The downside is that they are wiccans.

Worth it?

Not really.  :P
(Except if they are so hot that their mere touch sets things aflame.)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13