Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 192

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.12 5/23/12 see first post)  (Read 863948 times)

Nkosi_SW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.12 5/23/12 see first post)
« Reply #2370 on: June 29, 2012, 01:08:15 am »

maintain "group by" inbetween (grid view) tabs.

Actually, what would be brilliant would be the ability to select which tabs you want to lock in sync in terms of viewing (both for "group by" settings AND the current row viewing position).

For example, you could choose to have say the Labor, Military and Weapons tab locked together in one "viewing group", and Roles, Attributes and Social in another viewing group.  Then when you Group By Profession on the Labor tab and scroll down to the dwarf you want, when you switch to the Military or Weapons tab it's already sitting at the same row with the same grouping.

Would save a hell of a lot of scrolling up and down and also selecting the same "group by" for tab after tab.  Those who like the User Interface behaviour the way it is now could just not "lock" their tabs and the behaviour would remain the same as it currently is.

One way of implementing this in the UI could be through right-clicking on a tab header, and having an in-place pop up menu listing "Lock to Viewing Group 1", ... , "Lock to Viewing Group 4", "Unlock from Viewing Group".  Or if that wasn't possible, just set up through a menu or the options.  Locked tabs could have their title backgrounds subtly coloured or something to show which viewing group they were currently in. 
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 01:32:17 am by Nkosi_SW »

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #2371 on: June 29, 2012, 04:32:51 am »

minor feature request.

maintain "group by" inbetween (grid view) tabs.

yeah i should have added an option to apply the grouping to all views when i implemented the grouping per tab. i'll have to add that in.

@Nkosi_SW: i'll look into this, no promises for the immediate future though :)

Nkosi_SW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2372 on: June 29, 2012, 11:27:03 am »

No worries.  I'm sure you have a long list of "feature requests".  ;)

As a more limited request, while you're adding an option for thistleknot to apply the grouping to all views, would it be feasible to also add an option to apply the row viewing position (ie the scroll position of the grid) of the current view to all views?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 12:26:54 pm by Nkosi_SW »

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2373 on: June 29, 2012, 01:21:39 pm »

As a more limited request, while you're adding an option for thistleknot to apply the grouping to all views, would it be feasible to also add an option to apply the row viewing position (ie the scroll position of the grid) of the current view to all views?

i like that one.  I've noticed that the sort order gets thrown off inbetween views, would make things a lot easier if the sort order/dwarf selected were consistent between grid views.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #2374 on: June 29, 2012, 01:31:17 pm »

i like that one.  I've noticed that the sort order gets thrown off inbetween views, would make things a lot easier if the sort order/dwarf selected were consistent between grid views.

it's not so much 'thrown off' as it's saving your scroll position and grouping per view. selection shouldn't change if you're not re-reading.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2375 on: June 29, 2012, 07:26:28 pm »

« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 11:15:42 am by thistleknot »

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2376 on: June 29, 2012, 07:45:04 pm »

btw Splinterz, shish's patch for selecting the top x of dwarf's works flawlessly.  I don't think you would need to implement anything other than the patch I sent you.  I wasn't aware I didn't have to minimize the 'group by' (race) when I was using it, makes it much faster/easier to use... :)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 08:18:18 pm by thistleknot »

Bifidus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2377 on: June 30, 2012, 10:28:44 am »

there are some instructions here that should work.
As a Ubuntu user, that's exactly what i try to avoid... but anyway, i did it. And it almost worked :)
I obtained a linux native DT. It launch, but don't see DF running. If i clic the "connect to DF" button, it become gray, nothing happen. If i clic the "read dwarves" button, it complain of "Dwarf Fortress has either stopped running, or you unloaded your game. Please re-connect when a fort is loaded."

I tried to make the vanilla DT, and i also obtain a linux native DT. But it crash right after launch ("ptrace attach: Opération non permise" - translate as "ptrace attach: operation not allowed", i suppose).

So... if annyone got an idea...

drh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2378 on: June 30, 2012, 02:03:28 pm »

there are some instructions here that should work.
As a Ubuntu user, that's exactly what i try to avoid... but anyway, i did it. And it almost worked :)
I obtained a linux native DT. It launch, but don't see DF running. If i clic the "connect to DF" button, it become gray, nothing happen. If i clic the "read dwarves" button, it complain of "Dwarf Fortress has either stopped running, or you unloaded your game. Please re-connect when a fort is loaded."

I tried to make the vanilla DT, and i also obtain a linux native DT. But it crash right after launch ("ptrace attach: Opération non permise" - translate as "ptrace attach: operation not allowed", i suppose).

So... if annyone got an idea...

You need to set the kernel.yama.ptrace_scope sysctl to 0. Echo '0' to /proc/sys/kernel/yama/ptrace_scope for a temporary fix, or modify the relevant sysctl.conf or sysctl.d/ config file to set the appropriate value for a permanent fix at boot.

g1real

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2379 on: June 30, 2012, 03:43:09 pm »

For some reason I can't really get an answer myself so I'll have to ask.

(I'm using masterwork, alchemy is actually used in that mod)
Is Alchemy bugged in Therapist or are dwarves unable to gain experience in it? For some reason all my alchemy dwarves still show 0 experience in it even though they've used the skill repeatedly.
Due to masterwork's nature I'm still on 34.10 unfortunately, but still.

Bifidus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2380 on: June 30, 2012, 04:53:34 pm »

You need to set the kernel.yama.ptrace_scope sysctl to 0. Echo '0' to /proc/sys/kernel/yama/ptrace_scope for a temporary fix, or modify the relevant sysctl.conf or sysctl.d/ config file to set the appropriate value for a permanent fix at boot.
UristMacUbuntu has been miserable lately.
Just wanted to dig holes and punch some goblins, but is about to toy with kernel security. Feel like UristNotmyfaultFukushima.
Anyway... can't do it, even with sudo (bash: /proc/sys/kernel/yama/ptrace_scope: Permission non accordée).

Edit : ok, Google tell me than "echo 0 | sudo tee /proc/sys/kernel/yama/ptrace_scope" should work.
And... it work. Thank you ! But gaming under Linux is still such a PITA.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2381 on: July 01, 2012, 06:51:39 pm »

it's not so much 'thrown off' as it's saving your scroll position and grouping per view. selection shouldn't change if you're not re-reading.

I think it saves the last sort done in that specific grid view.

Porterhaus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2382 on: July 01, 2012, 09:40:12 pm »

Any idea what would cause this?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Just upgraded to a Macbook Pro with Retina display.  It was working perfectly on my older (non-Retina) MBP.
Obviously pretty unusable since you cannot see what is selected and what isn't.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #2383 on: July 02, 2012, 12:29:37 am »

I think it saves the last sort done in that specific grid view.

it saves the last sort, the last grouping and the scroll positions for each individual view. as aforementioned i'll be sure to add an option to revert to the previous functionality of applying the grouping to all views, and hopefully the sorting/scroll positions. the sorting is a bit of an issue across views with different columns so we'll see.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2384 on: July 03, 2012, 09:35:11 am »

I updated my labor optimizer spreadsheet and made a youtube video describing all the bells and whistles inside (links are in the video)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWYSYR66oMU

Update:

When it's quite here... things are working... ironic.

I meant to say

When things are working, it's quite quiet in here... ironic. (corrected)
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 05:34:36 pm by thistleknot »
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 192