Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 192

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.12 5/23/12 see first post)  (Read 863893 times)

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.12 5/23/12 see first post)
« Reply #2400 on: July 10, 2012, 08:35:16 pm »

I wasn't able to find anything recent (as in, less than 24 months old) via Google, so I thought I'd ask here - whats the status of DT in linux? I miss using it since I stopped having a reason to boot to Windows, and while I don't require it to play (obviously) it definitely makes some tasks much easier.

I'm running Gentoo 64bit with a 3.2.1-gentoo-r2 kernel (compiled, not gen-kernel).
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

Urist MacFrench

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2401 on: July 10, 2012, 08:40:14 pm »

whats the status of DT in linux?
Splinterz's version works fine under Linux.
Don't ask me more, i'm a Ubuntu user ;)

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2402 on: July 11, 2012, 07:03:19 pm »

Is there a tarball for the latest linux version?  I can't figure out the google code page (probably because its been a long day, and I'm sick of fighting with other people's code).  I hate Mondays.
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

Argelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2403 on: July 12, 2012, 03:37:08 am »

Ok, there something amiss between therapist (latest splinter's) and DF (34.11). I do not know if dead soldiers into a squad leaving blanks (available) or lack of communication between programs are the culpits but despite DF restart or Therapist reset ("read dwarves") info is different between the two. I think it can ultimately lead to DF crash to desktop if one start to move dwarf between squad in this context using Therapist.

Legend: (left) Therapist displays (2) marksdwarves for "The Dignity of Mine" versus DF (6) names displayed (right).
Killing dwarves is so much fun. Heck, even the dwarves agree, else they wouldn't kill themselves so often.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #2404 on: July 12, 2012, 04:46:49 am »

thanks for the report Argelle, i'll see if i can reproduce it. although if you've got any idea how you might have ended up in that state, that would be immensely helpful :)

Argelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2405 on: July 12, 2012, 05:14:12 am »

As simple as a first encounter with a forgotten beast breathing deadly dust into my soldier's lung :(
Oh, you do not mean the weak state of my squads? :)
As for therapist & DF inconstancy, I wish I could pin point what lead to it or an action before a crash. Maybe now more therapist's users will be aware of it, so instead of looking at Therapist only, they will compare to DF own panel and someone will report the same situation with more details.
Killing dwarves is so much fun. Heck, even the dwarves agree, else they wouldn't kill themselves so often.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #2406 on: July 12, 2012, 08:59:45 am »

so those dwarfs that aren't showing up, were they already dead and just not found yet?

Tierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2407 on: July 12, 2012, 09:02:05 am »

Maybe they have a tag killed? That was my case then i revived a dwarf?

Argelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2408 on: July 12, 2012, 09:27:31 am »

Good pick, I've compared DT and DF: Zanek et Dumed not listed in the first program. Then locked at my job list in DF: nowhere to be seen. But, they are in the "engraved memorial" list at the craftsman workshop!
I'm not using any mod, or DFHack command, so they died "honestly". DT is aware of it, but seem the body wan't discover yet, and they still show in DF. May be manipulating dead dwarves in DT is the culprit?
Weird thing, under "u" = 74 citizens and for Therapist = 63/9/2. Therapist is easy to find a dwarf by name, how do I do this in DF?

EDIT: Just as I typed here, someone gave the answer in a parallel topic :)
If you're playing 34.11, and you have dfhack, there is a new "sort" command that organizes the unit list, and even some other lists, too. GODSEND!
This forum is as much amazing/great as DF itself!
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 09:58:13 am by Argelle »

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2409 on: July 12, 2012, 10:26:29 am »

Could DF still be reporting dwarfs that are dead because they have not been discovered to be dead yet?
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #2410 on: July 12, 2012, 10:31:11 am »

well you can't manipulate dead dwarfs in DT as they're filtered out via the killed/dead flags. when i've got time i'll have to try getting a dwarf in a squad killed and replacing him or something. unless of course you'd like to upload your save :D

in regards to the unit counts, the 63/9/2 represents adults/children/babies so it should equal the DF count in the 'u' screen (which it does in your example) so i'm not sure what you're finding weird there.

Argelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2411 on: July 12, 2012, 11:26:04 am »

Weird is that the dead guys Zanek & Dumed do not show up in Therapist (74 citizen), but they do in the militia screen of DF, hence DF should display 74+2 citizen (in u screen). But no, there are no Zanek nor Dumed in (u) screen. Hence DF is schizophrenic :)
Hum, that means there is nothing wrong in Therapist, I guess  ???

Anyway, I've uploaded my save, if needed: http://dl.free.fr/fGMYvT3p5 (DF 34.11, Phoebus graphic 34.11)
I did reorganized my squad so no gap is present in the squad name list, but still DT and DF differ (see image).
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 11:49:51 am by Argelle »

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #2412 on: July 12, 2012, 11:53:52 am »

that's perfect thanks. yeah that's got to be at least part of the problem. as DT is filtering out that dead dwarf, it's not showing the correct number in the squad, and thus when assigning a new member it's may be attempting to overwrite and causing a crash. possibly. i'll check it out. thanks for taking the time to post and upload the save.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2413 on: July 12, 2012, 08:23:58 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

nevermind... can do by sorting by race...

new bug:

cursed dwarf check... not working...  where should i be looking for the highlight?  On the unit name?  I have it set to purple, and I have a cursecheck command showing 1 (and 1 reported drained of blood) and yet... no one is highlighted.

yes... I'm a dirty cheater...
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 08:43:35 pm by thistleknot »

knutor

• Bay Watcher
  • ..to hear the lamentation of the elves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2414 on: July 12, 2012, 11:43:48 pm »

Is it possible to add roles for haulers?  Some, like the haulers who leave the fort, outdoors, would need caution, observation and agility.  In order to outrun and out think ambushers.  Maybe also make those outdoor haulers, MALE, to protect the children from snatchers.  Thanks, Knutor
"I don't often drink Mead, but when I do... I prefer Dee Eef's.  -The most interesting Dwarf in the World.  Stay thirsty, my friend.
Shark Dentistry, looking in the Raws.
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 192