Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 192

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.12 5/23/12 see first post)  (Read 863925 times)

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.12 5/23/12 see first post)
« Reply #2340 on: June 24, 2012, 07:07:21 pm »

Alright then, seems like it's purely an in-game problem.

couldn't it just be bad luck that you don't have a dwarf large enough to use it yet?

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2341 on: June 24, 2012, 09:02:58 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

All three military dwarves should be large enough. The comment about expecting at least one of thirty-four dwarves being able to wield a halberd was just in case DT was reading the dwarves wrong, but if it's looking at a number provided by the game itself then there shouldn't be an issue.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Sarkovar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2342 on: June 24, 2012, 11:06:42 pm »

Hey I'm an Ubuntu user and I have a quick/stupid question, am I able to update the Splinterz version by simply replacing the /etc folder or do I need to replace the actual executable as well?
Me: FLAMING BABY FLAIL'S COMIN' AT YA DEMONS.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #2343 on: June 25, 2012, 07:25:53 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

All three military dwarves should be large enough. The comment about expecting at least one of thirty-four dwarves being able to wield a halberd was just in case DT was reading the dwarves wrong, but if it's looking at a number provided by the game itself then there shouldn't be an issue.

hrmm i've had a chance to do a bit of testing, and i think you're on to something. DT reads the broadness and height from memory, but how they're applied may be incorrect. i'm going to do some more testing and see if i can figure out what's going on.

edit: i'm actually using your work from here but i'm wondering if perhaps they need both broadness and height over the minimum weapon sizes...

edit2: i've just found your thread about the problem...
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 07:42:04 am by splinterz »

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #2344 on: June 25, 2012, 08:15:22 am »

a few more minor fixes released if they're annoying you, plus some tooltip info on weapons to help sort out what's going on hopefully

• weapon column tooltips show dwarf and weapon sizes
  • fixed issue with vertical scrollbars not scrolling to the last position after a read
  • fixed incorrect italicized font on some dwarf names

Project Home // Download

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2345 on: June 25, 2012, 09:29:16 am »

thanks splinterz!

Btw, I now only use your version.  I don't bother with the patches I had before, yours seems to work well enough with my own sheets.

I'd still like:

1. an assign top x number of (visible) dwarf's per labor option, i.e. I have a filter excluding dwarf's over x number of labors, so what I see on the screen is what I want to assign, I sort by labor, and then choose the top x (x varies per labor) number of dwarf's that r at the top of my sort.  It would be a lot faster if I didn't have to do the sort as well as the counting of those top x (I sent a patch file that Shish had, this kind of does it, but I have to do two things with it, filter by race, minimize the grouping, then sort by labor, then I can right click a box by the race grouping underneath the labor column, and choose assign top x, enter a number, hit enter, commit... but as soon as I do this, I have to repeat those steps for the next labor, very tedious).

2. and somewhere on the screen showing the number of currently selected dwarf's (so I can stop counting them manually).

Update:

I've decided to use shish's patch, it's too much of pain not to with the way I assign labors.

BUILD BABY BUILD!
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 08:05:15 pm by thistleknot »

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2346 on: June 25, 2012, 08:49:38 pm »

sometimes, when I update a script, it gets buggy...

I want to make new script, but the old one get's overwritten :(

I remember this happening with an older version...

sometimes the only way to get around it was to close, and reopen and create a new one.

JarinArenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2347 on: June 25, 2012, 10:34:10 pm »

Regarding the splinterz version, and dwarf sizes specifically, has anyone had any luck getting this to work? I've traded for two-handed weapons, and attempted to assign them to dwarves listed with the ability to wield them, but I can't seem to get them to arm themselves.

Edit: Just saw the thread in the gameplay questions forum. I'll track the discussion there.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 11:11:48 pm by JarinArenos »

Canageek

• Bay Watcher
  • Badwolf
    • View Profile
    • Ruminations of a Canadian Geek
« Reply #2348 on: June 26, 2012, 05:00:23 pm »

Alright, so splinterz puts out an awesome variant of DT from what I can see, with on problem: When I click on a column header in the labour tab, it doesn't sort the dwarves by skill anymore. Right now, if I click on Blacksmith, it puts my 7 Blacksmith at the top, but leaves my 2 Blacksmith who doesn't have the labour assigned down near the bottom; Is there a way to get this to go back to the vanillia DT behaviour? I liked having that for assigning more and less of a labour as needed, and checking if I should replace dwarves with my new migrants.

Thanks; Sorry if I didn't take the time to read 150+ pages looking for this, but I'm hoping with all the people here I'll have an answer soon.
"That is, I repeat, conjecture. But I cannot see a more probable way in which that plant, intended to be kept secret, could come, quite suddenly, to be found in almost every part of the world."
    -William Masen, The Day of the Triffids

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2349 on: June 26, 2012, 05:57:13 pm »

Alright, so splinterz puts out an awesome variant of DT from what I can see, with on problem: When I click on a column header in the labour tab, it doesn't sort the dwarves by skill anymore. Right now, if I click on Blacksmith, it puts my 7 Blacksmith at the top, but leaves my 2 Blacksmith who doesn't have the labour assigned down near the bottom; Is there a way to get this to go back to the vanillia DT behaviour? I liked having that for assigning more and less of a labour as needed, and checking if I should replace dwarves with my new migrants.

Thanks; Sorry if I didn't take the time to read 150+ pages looking for this, but I'm hoping with all the people here I'll have an answer soon.

I was thinking about that as well, basically the labors are based on roles rather than skills (or use an old version)

You can get around that by setting the global weights for roles as such, traits:0, skills: 1, attributes: 0.

I prefer the new method though, that's the whole point, the old version only relied on skills.

Canageek

• Bay Watcher
  • Badwolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2350 on: June 26, 2012, 05:58:53 pm »

Can you point me to a wiki page explaining how the traits and attributes factor into a Dwarf doing his or her job?
"That is, I repeat, conjecture. But I cannot see a more probable way in which that plant, intended to be kept secret, could come, quite suddenly, to be found in almost every part of the world."

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2351 on: June 26, 2012, 06:01:31 pm »

I created a new spreadsheet (in ods!) that allows you to assign labors efficiently and much quicker than before.

http://www.mediafire.com/?b8tdwkp7vdkg81g

sumif in ods wasn't working right, here is an excel and ods file
http://www.mediafire.com/?3fjh9p62yw25xme

http://www.mediafire.com/?usyu3qcwie5qikk

hopefully you can figure it out, but basically I have the labors on the second sheet setup the way I want it, the order is based on the variables assigned in the first sheet (based on the MPWeight column), you can just ignore this and reorder the labors on the second sheet to your liking.

The bordered box's on the second sheet is what you set, and the gray column represents the # of dwarf's you should assign to each labor.

The jobs per box is a filter you need to set in the script editor as such
d.total_assigned_labors()<5

and start assigning labors one at at time!

btw my filter script looks like this (for miners vs ambushers vs woodcutters, I edit as needed when I assign those labors)
d.total_assigned_labors()<5
//&&
//(!d.labor_enabled(00))
//&&
//(!d.labor_enabled(44))
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 04:16:39 am by thistleknot »

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2352 on: June 26, 2012, 06:03:05 pm »

Can you point me to a wiki page explaining how the traits and attributes factor into a Dwarf doing his or her job?

check each labor on the wiki

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/v0.31:Wood_cutter

you'll see attributes listed.

The traits... well, those are guess's.  I don't know what traits are set for most of them (if any), but I do know that the Chief Medical Dwarf has helpful set.

The melee soldier I created has quite a few traits, one of which is rage :)

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #2353 on: June 26, 2012, 06:17:13 pm »

in the options you can just turn off showing roles in labor and/or skills and the columns will sort by default again, however you won't see related role information in the labor/skill column tooltips. this has come up a few times so i may add additional options to choose to sort by role ratings if you've turned on showing role info in labor/skill columns.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 06:20:44 pm by splinterz »

Canageek

• Bay Watcher
  • Badwolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2354 on: June 26, 2012, 06:59:07 pm »

Thanks, I was confused as to why three dwarves were listed as better bonecrafters then my new legendary bonecrafter.
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 192