Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 192

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.12 5/23/12 see first post)  (Read 863946 times)

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.12 5/23/12 see first post)
« Reply #2355 on: June 26, 2012, 07:23:31 pm »

yeah for labor columns it sorts by those who have it enabled, and then role ratings. maybe i'll change the labor ones to work like the skill columns and sort by skill level rather than labor enabled...

Canageek

• Bay Watcher
  • Badwolf
    • View Profile
    • Ruminations of a Canadian Geek
« Reply #2356 on: June 26, 2012, 07:25:40 pm »

How accurate are the default setting on who is best at a labour? Is some dwarf with 0 in bonecrafting actually better then a legendary bonecrafter? (I can look up stats if you want)
"That is, I repeat, conjecture. But I cannot see a more probable way in which that plant, intended to be kept secret, could come, quite suddenly, to be found in almost every part of the world."
    -William Masen, The Day of the Triffids

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2357 on: June 26, 2012, 07:28:38 pm »

No!!!!

Don't do that splinterz...

that would screw me all up...

:(

I like skills, don't get me wrong, but then I can't assign directly from the labors screen (based on role, I'd have to jump back and forth)

Give me an option please!

And... I think it would be nice to have a legendary superseding all else as being a 100% fit :)

Or a 99.99% fit maybe?

Wait:

I don't know if I got that correctly, sounds like something totally diff... but the 99.99% fit I think is a good idea for those with legendary skill, it just means there attributes/traits aren't 100% (or something similar to 99.99%, maybe 99% for skill only?  I dunno).
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 07:33:43 pm by thistleknot »

Canageek

• Bay Watcher
  • Badwolf
    • View Profile
    • Ruminations of a Canadian Geek
« Reply #2358 on: June 26, 2012, 07:34:55 pm »

I mean, if a 0 skill dwarf IS actually better then 12, sure, I'll make that guy my carver, but it seems...unlikely. Or is DF just that non-intuitive?
"That is, I repeat, conjecture. But I cannot see a more probable way in which that plant, intended to be kept secret, could come, quite suddenly, to be found in almost every part of the world."
    -William Masen, The Day of the Triffids

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #2359 on: June 26, 2012, 07:48:42 pm »

I mean, if a 0 skill dwarf IS actually better then 12, sure, I'll make that guy my carver, but it seems...unlikely. Or is DF just that non-intuitive?

it's really pretty subjective. if you care more about attributes and traits, then yes it's possible for 0 skill to be better than 12. depending on what weights you set for the different aspects, you'll can potentially have completely opposite role rankings.

i think the problem right now is that the sorting isn't intuitive. a labor column has 3 different data it can be sorted on: labor enabled, skill level and role rating, which is why i'll probably have to add more sort options as aforementioned.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2360 on: June 26, 2012, 08:53:45 pm »

btw, I'm still having occasionall crashes, but I'd have to send you a save, and a video to show you where, cuz it's only when i'm assigning militia.

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2361 on: June 27, 2012, 01:45:51 am »

Toady stated in a FotF post that skills > attributes. But there is a cut off point where attribs will enable your guy to skill up fasters. For example if you get a migrant with 5 or 6 in a skill then stick with him unless his attributes really suck, ie for a crafter creativity is a very important stat which is why it's valued in DT as being twice as important, so DT would rate him down anyways but eventually his skill would override the creativity.
Agility is another attrib people favour highly, as it dictates a dwarves "speed". Not just in running around but every action(skills) ie swinging something(weapon/pick) and of course because they move faster they'll skill up faster, ie going to and from stockpile to workshop.
Start Duelyst with a bonus 100gold, use referral code: Buttfungus
Enter during signup or ingame under Settings.

Argelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2362 on: June 27, 2012, 05:59:12 am »

btw, I'm still having occasionall crashes, but I'd have to send you a save, and a video to show you where, cuz it's only when i'm assigning militia.

I think it did happen to me as well, during LONG sessions of DF and lots of fiddling with therapist for squads, plus moving a militia captain by mistake from his squad to another (got a warning message from therapist). Hence I more or less stopped assigning squads or nickname with therapist, but use it to have the dwarf listed as I want somewhere on my screen, and doing the job inside DF.
Problem is, it's difficult to reproduce the crash, going back to the last save and trying to repeat the same actions more (except for moving the captain) or less, never got me to a second crash. Therefore, difficult to put the blame on DT.

EDIT: minor bug, monkey not showing ("stray ??")
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 06:44:04 am by Argelle »
Killing dwarves is so much fun. Heck, even the dwarves agree, else they wouldn't kill themselves so often.

ghostwoods

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2363 on: June 27, 2012, 07:31:28 am »

I know I'm greedy, but it would be nice to see some sort of weighting-based labor auto-assignment feature. I can imagine that it would be a serious PITA to have to code, though :/

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2364 on: June 27, 2012, 08:50:34 am »

I thought that's what splinterz version did... or it at least helped you a ton by weighing each skill based on the assignment so you can pick the "top dwarf" for some jobs.   (I haven't yet run his version, but it was talked about some 15 pages back.)
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

guitarxe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2365 on: June 27, 2012, 09:11:59 am »

Thank you for keeping this updated :)
Feeling down? Click Here!

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2366 on: June 27, 2012, 09:27:52 am »

I think by auto, he means auto assignment of labors (like a Dwarf Organizer implemented into DT).  I've been working on a few ideas, but god knows if I'm ever gonna implement it.  I can't get dt to compile on my portable version of qt creator so I can try do stuff at work on it.  Splinterz is onto the idea, so maybe...
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 09:54:11 am by thistleknot »

Cespinarve

• Bay Watcher
  • Lege lege lege relege labora et invenies
    • View Profile
« Reply #2367 on: June 27, 2012, 01:37:03 pm »

So I find out that Dwarf therapist was finally blessed with an OSX version, but from what I can tell DT doesn't work with 34.11?

WHY MUST YOU BE SO CRUEL, WORLD, WHY?

EDIT: Problem Solved after crawling through the thread. DT is fantastic!
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 02:21:26 pm by Cespinarve »
Nice one, not sure when I'll be feeling like killing a baby but these things are good to know.
This is why we can't have nice things... someone will just wind up filling it with corpses.
Arrakis teaches the attitude of the knife — chopping off what's incomplete and saying: "Now it's complete because it's ended here."

alesia

• Bay Watcher
  • [BIOME:ANY_MAGMA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2368 on: June 28, 2012, 06:00:47 pm »

FINAL EDIT:
I have no idea what I was doing wrong, but things are working fine now after recompiling and rebooting, then swapping out the offset .ini file with the Github version.  So.  Thanks, folks, for such a wonderful program!

(Old 'please help' message under the spoiler, in case some other poor bastard is having the same issue.)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 08:34:09 pm by alesia »

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2369 on: June 28, 2012, 07:32:17 pm »

minor feature request.

maintain "group by" inbetween (grid view) tabs.
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 192