Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 192

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.12 5/23/12 see first post)  (Read 864188 times)

Lockyy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Tales from the Fortress
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.10 3/15/11 see first post)
« Reply #780 on: January 28, 2012, 10:45:04 am »

Just to ask, is the developer of DT going to be doing a new release for the next DF release?
I'm just wanting to know how long after release we'll have to put off playing.

Also as a question, if there is, will it display vampirism in dwarves that you don't know are vampires? If so, pllllease make it so you can turn that kinda thing off.
Tales from the Fortress is my website dedicated to archiving stories from the world of dwarf fortress.

Now updated to include a DF2014 section!

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: January 28, 2012, 04:25:56 pm »

Unknown. DwarfEngineer hasn't been active on the forums since June 12, but it's possible that when the next version comes out he will return. If not here is to hoping that some new coder steps up to take the reigns of the project and continue onwards.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: January 30, 2012, 04:51:17 am »

quite a lot has been changed in this version. even if a maintainer pops up, the task won't be easy. (I'd like to be proven wrong, however  :P)

then again is just a good excuse to play adventure mode a bit.

still, everyone had done a wonderful job up until now so no need to be worried.

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: February 04, 2012, 09:03:16 am »

A nice to have feature would be skill masks. You define a group of skills, that is saved to a file (and portable from DT to DT and remembered between sessions), and highlighted when you select that mask. Uses include "moodable skills" and "skills that don't affect quality of items". This is different from custom professions in that skills would be highlighted for all dwarfs, not selected.

I'd also like the ability to sort dwarfs by "have moodable skills" and "no moodable skills" to teach a subset of dwarves a bit of armoring and weaponsmithing to influence moods.

These are both just matters of convenience, but DT is about convenience. I could remember or check or write down, which skills are moodable, and which influence quality, but it would be nice to have it  on a platter.
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

HammerHand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: February 08, 2012, 12:07:01 am »

You could go ahead and make a grid view that only includes the moodable skills.  It's not quite on a platter, but then you have it saved, remembered between sessions, and portable between versions - and even between machines, with the right files copied.  Then your desired skill mask is just on another tab, like your military skills.  And maybe there's something you can do with the scripting?  I don't know, I don't understand the scripting feature.

Just sayin'.  Function included and all.  9.9

Not sure what to tell you on the sorting, though.

Not saying they're bad feature requests or anything, but you can kinda manage one of them.  Also, from what I understand, feature requests are better left to the dedicated project forum, which you can find a link to in the first post of this thread.  That might be a memory from when chmod was doing it, though.  DwarfEngineer might do things differently.
Sooooooaaaaaap!
Tha's grreat!
Soooocks!

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: February 08, 2012, 01:08:49 pm »

Not saying they're bad feature requests or anything, but you can kinda manage one of them.  Also, from what I understand, feature requests are better left to the dedicated project forum, which you can find a link to in the first post of this thread.  That might be a memory from when chmod was doing it, though.  DwarfEngineer might do things differently.
It's pretty much just a holdover, considering that the most recent posts are from 9 months ago and over 1 year ago respectively.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Carnes

• Bay Watcher
  • Near a good old-time canteen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: February 14, 2012, 07:02:41 am »

Hey all, trying to memory map for the new version.  I'm actually pretty lost on this. 
Using these links: http://code.google.com/p/dwarftherapist/wiki/MappingNewVersions  and  http://www.reddit.com/r/dwarffortress/comments/glttb/computing_dwarf_fortress_memory_offsets_by_hand/

I came up with..
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

and i think the nickname offset is offset 0x10 ?  But this is where i've gotten lost.  Thanks for any help!
You call that breaking my spine?! You Forgotten Beast ladies wouldn't know how to break a spine if-
SNAP
AUGHHH! MY SPINE!

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: February 14, 2012, 08:24:23 am »

So I take it Therapist isn't compatible with the new version huh. Damn I hate fiddling with them funky numbers and letters...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

YetAnotherStupidDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: February 14, 2012, 08:30:41 am »

@Carnes: Forget about it. Data structures changed too much.
Dwarf Fortress - where the primary reason to prevent death of your citizens is that it makes them more annoying then they were in life.

Carnes

• Bay Watcher
  • Near a good old-time canteen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: February 14, 2012, 09:11:04 am »

pooooop
You call that breaking my spine?! You Forgotten Beast ladies wouldn't know how to break a spine if-
SNAP
AUGHHH! MY SPINE!

kingofthescots

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: February 14, 2012, 10:00:08 am »

crap. That basically means fortress mode will be unbearable. I'm too used to Dwarf Therapist, I can't go back to the old ways!

ghalidrim

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: February 14, 2012, 10:05:26 am »

I'm going to start digging at it from the OS X side sometime this week. Anything I work out may be transferable to at least the Linux version.

Gearheart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: February 14, 2012, 11:01:43 am »

So DwarfEngineer has gone AWOL? That's bad. This tool basically takes the game from being a mess to being somewhat playable.

I can only hope to god that a new maintainer materialises, or I'm going to be stuck playing adventure mode.

Llamageddon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: February 14, 2012, 11:08:41 am »

I'm going to start digging at it from the OS X side sometime this week. Anything I work out may be transferable to at least the Linux version.

Don't taunt me, now I am regretting my championing of the PC over Macs as a preferred platform for games. What kind of programming skills would I need to get this updated and how daunting a task would it be, any ideas. I am no expert programmer but I am somewhat of a layman (i.e. not a professional but not completely unskilled). I only really know c# and a bit of java though and don't have much free time to spare. I really hope someone comes to champion the cause or I might be forced to try just out of desperation.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: February 14, 2012, 11:11:03 am »

you have my blessing! well, it's not much at all, I know. but as a mac user, I'm totally interested  :D
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 192