Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 192

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.12 5/23/12 see first post)  (Read 864196 times)

Anderan

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.10 3/15/11 see first post)
« Reply #810 on: February 14, 2012, 12:45:49 pm »

Guess I'll be sticking to adventure mode until this weekend then. No rush though, better to have something that works well than have something that barely works.

Molay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: February 14, 2012, 01:10:23 pm »

Thanks for looking into it!

As happy I might be as of the new release, as sad I am I can't play fortress mode without therapist anymore.

With 7 dwarves it's alright, I can manage that... Somehow...
But with 34... Bloody hell! I have no idea who is doing what!

I'll be waiting for your lovely DT tool, hopefully it won't be long :)

Thanks!
The best alternative to having a functional steel industry is to have a really, really, really good hospital. And a lot of coffins.

vemiermark4

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: February 14, 2012, 01:28:38 pm »

Thanks for the tool, so far DE! Can't wait for some support for the new version. I'll try to be as patient as possible...

Myr0ku

• Bay Watcher
  • D for Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: February 14, 2012, 01:46:38 pm »

So DT don't support the last DF ?
I don't remember how to assign tasks !

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: February 14, 2012, 02:03:35 pm »

There was a guy in this thread that forked and updated DT with some stuff, maybe he'll get around to looking into things if he's still here.
Start Duelyst with a bonus 100gold, use referral code: Buttfungus
Enter during signup or ingame under Settings.

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: February 14, 2012, 02:14:49 pm »

There was a guy in this thread that forked and updated DT with some stuff, maybe he'll get around to looking into things if he's still here.

I hope whoever updates DT incorporates the additions from Shishimaru's fork it works well and makes picking strong military dwarfs easier.
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: February 14, 2012, 02:30:12 pm »

I'm just relieved to hear Dwarf Engineer is still on the job!
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Llamageddon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: February 14, 2012, 02:36:07 pm »

Woop! Thanks Dwarf Engineer, I really don't think I would have had the faintest idea what I was doing if I tried to fork it. I also agree with people saying that features aren't essential, we'll all just be happy to have a playable fort mode.

Feb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: February 14, 2012, 02:39:10 pm »

what the llama-streaking-thru-sky said, I will be sticking with adventuring mode for now.

Molay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: February 14, 2012, 03:04:18 pm »

Woop! Thanks Dwarf Engineer, I really don't think I would have had the faintest idea what I was doing if I tried to fork it. I also agree with people saying that features aren't essential, we'll all just be happy to have a playable fort mode.

I can sign that!
I don't need no new features right now, I didn't need them before anyways.
But I need DT, because I really _needed_ it before! Since I started playing I used DT, I never bothered with the manual task assignment thingy.

I'd just be glad about a basic DT to assign jobs and show me the skill of my dwarves. Anything besides that is just a "bonus".

Anyways, thanks for your hard work!
The best alternative to having a functional steel industry is to have a really, really, really good hospital. And a lot of coffins.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: February 14, 2012, 03:15:10 pm »

I can secondthird Molay there. DT is rather nice for easier job assignment and skill checking, and as long as that works you can take as long as you need for other features.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

kingofthescots

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: February 14, 2012, 05:13:42 pm »

Thanks in advance Dwarf Engineer. Good to see you're still about!

stevedore

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: February 14, 2012, 05:58:06 pm »

For what little help it is to DwarfEngineer, I've been mucking around with DT and a memory viewer all afternoon and have been able to figure out the following:

checksum is 0x4f391a33
creature_vector is 0x0179f728
dwarf_race_index seems to be 465/0x1d1 (value in the .ini I've used is 0x015cbe9c, but I don't quite understand how it's determined where this value specifically comes from)

With these, DT is able to read all of my dwarves and their first names or nicknames correctly, last names still show up as "Unknownunknown". Sex appears to read correctly (all of my dwarves are correct, at least), and custom professions are read properly too.

I haven't been able to figure out any other values, hopefully these can make it at least a bit easier.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 06:22:05 pm by stevedore »

Carnes

• Bay Watcher
  • Near a good old-time canteen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: February 14, 2012, 06:36:07 pm »

Nice find on the dwarf_race_index!  How did you get 0x015cbe9c ?  I was able to get the creature vector but got lost as to the next step.

Also, i've started poking through the source to look at how the memory structures are sized.  I saw this /* OLD Stuff from the 40d series that no longer works the same way and got spooked.  Chances are there will be similar things for this version. 

http://code.google.com/p/dwarftherapist/source/browse/src/dwarf.cpp
You call that breaking my spine?! You Forgotten Beast ladies wouldn't know how to break a spine if-
SNAP
AUGHHH! MY SPINE!

Dark_T_Zeratul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: February 14, 2012, 06:47:28 pm »

And hopefully, by the time DT has been updated, we'll have gotten a few v0.34 bug fixes, too.
The miasma caused Sethrist to go miserable and throw a tantrum. During the tantrum he mauled a dog to near-death and that caused his mood to go all the way up to content. Apparently, beating the crap out of dogs is the best way to achieve happiness.
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 192