Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: New strange things in 31.13  (Read 14970 times)

MaDeR Levap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: New strange things in 31.13
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2010, 08:57:59 am »

Heh, it seems that 31.13 has more bugs than 31.01 did upon release  :D
No, it is not. But still annoying.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2010, 09:51:23 am »

Either I'm extremely lucky to get three small clusters of ore directly one above the other (slightly moving, of course), or Toady finally implemented vertical veins!

Mekboy

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEGABEAST_EATER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2010, 10:15:27 am »

I've had two drunks, a dwarf with 'adequate military tactictian', and despite the fact that no-one's died the migration message is 'Some migrants have arrived at this fortress, knowing it may be their doom'.
Quote from: CatalystParadox
Aw, Mekboy! A song for meeeee?
You're so sweet.  Why don't you just come in here so I can give you a hug.
... bring my pants.
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
You seem to be under the illusion that we give a shit about what happens to dwarves who are too dumb to live.

Magma_science

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Human wrestler!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2010, 11:06:03 am »

I've had two drunks, a dwarf with 'adequate military tactictian', and despite the fact that no-one's died the migration message is 'Some migrants have arrived at this fortress, knowing it may be their doom'.
Seems like clairvoyancy was finally implemented.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2010, 03:38:50 pm »

Am I the only one who isn't receiving waves of immigrants before the first caravan arrives? I forgot how slowly work progressed having to wait until the following spring...

Ma88hew

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2010, 04:24:40 pm »

I had the 'Some migrants have arrived at this fortress, knowing it may be their doom' message too, before anyone died, and a Drunk showed up. The drunk died shortly after from a yeti that was terrorizing my fort. I guess they were right about the doom part. Maybe they sensed the yeti that had just destroyed my wagon and trade depot.

I also got a legendary migrant. He's a blowgunner, but with other cool fighting skills as well. He is the first legendary migrant I have ever received across all versions, and I made him my military commander.

...should I wait until 31.14 before my next migrant wave?

Midcat

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2010, 04:45:02 pm »

I just witnessed a Dwarven Baby (that arrived as a migrant) move slowly to my farm, pick up a plump helmet, and then haul it to the food stockpiles. He's currently crawling off towards the beds. He also has dabbling in Grower and a bunch of social skills, but I'm not sure if that's something new since I've never actually looked before.

I also got a dwarf with nothing but Adequate Strand Extractor, a "War Peasant" and a "Hunting Peasant" in the same migrant wave, which also had the "Some migrants have decided to brave this terrifying place, knowing it may be their tomb." message although noone had died.

MaDeR Levap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2010, 04:50:24 pm »

Am I the only one who isn't receiving waves of immigrants before the first caravan arrives? I forgot how slowly work progressed having to wait until the following spring...
I think this is related to "migrants coming despite (nonexistant yet) danger" bug. For some reason game thinks that a lot of people died already, so it adjusts probability of gettings migrants accordingly. I consider these new professions also as buggy, since you cant use some of them (according to player reports).

Dante

• Bay Watcher
  • Dante likes cats for their corrupt intentions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2010, 05:25:15 pm »

Yeah, I found that people are too terrified to migrate to my fortress, apparently because it has an eerie fatality rate of zero.

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2010, 01:13:55 am »

Clearly this "doom" they speak of is boredom. Kill some dorfs, migrants might show up.
くコ:彡

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2010, 01:23:11 am »

Yeah, I found that people are too terrified to migrate to my fortress, apparently because it has an eerie fatality rate of zero.
Ah, but remember, LAST year you had even fewer dwarves than you do now ... and you've only got 7 left ...   ???  ;)
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 17, 2010, 07:41:35 am »

...huh. You know, that might actually be the problem.
くコ:彡

MaDeR Levap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 17, 2010, 08:58:05 am »

Ah, but remember, LAST year you had even fewer dwarves than you do now ... and you've only got 7 left ...   ???  ;)
Lol... this is kind of bug that I could make. :P

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 17, 2010, 10:01:14 am »

I haven't read this properly but what's wrong with the world gen? I'm staying on .12 for now.
Are the civs growing ok? Is it unembarkable because of farms?

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 17, 2010, 10:06:02 am »

To be fair for your average fort, run by the sadistic people on these forums, zero is pretty eerie and so your dwarves figure you must be up to something really bad.
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7