Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: New strange things in 31.13  (Read 14975 times)

MaDeR Levap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: New strange things in 31.13
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2010, 03:51:58 pm »

New strange thing: Adamantine is unminable. See my post here for more details.
You seem to checked raws only. Did you try to mine it yourself?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2010, 03:53:45 pm »

I checked the raws after trying to mine it. It is displaying typical slade behavior (channeling does not destroy the adamantine wall beneath, ramps do not destroy the floor above, etc).
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Reni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2010, 05:08:14 pm »

i just embarked on the flatest mountain ever. It seems to be completly on ground level, no elevation whatsoever but is shown on the embark screen as hill/mountain range.
"Be polite; write diplomatically; even in a declaration of war one observes the rules of politeness."
Otto von Bismarck

barconis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2010, 06:05:40 pm »

I checked the raws after trying to mine it. It is displaying typical slade behavior (channeling does not destroy the adamantine wall beneath, ramps do not destroy the floor above, etc).

Yeah, it looks like when he stopped basing all native ores and raw adamantine out of METAL_TEMPLATE, he used the values for the specific metals in the native versions. Fine for other native ores, not so good for adamantine. What ought to be there is probably the values for whatever stone matrix the adamantine strands are embedded in (unless he doesn't want adamantine to be mined, which also means no more HFS without a complete redesign of that feature.)

Khift

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2010, 07:49:58 pm »

I had a migrant show up with Adequate Military Tactics. Unfortunately the goblins ate him before he made it into the fort and draft him to see what happens, but still very interesting nonetheless.

theqmann

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2010, 09:04:49 pm »

I've got two peasants that I'm unable to assign any jobs to, like a Noble, but with the professions:

Drunk
hunting Peasant

I had some other migrants with strange professions, but they've worked like normal.   These "broken" peasants don't show up in the draftable civilian military list, but do show up in the Noble/Administrator page (e.g. can assign as Sheriff, but not to a Military squad).

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2010, 11:31:03 pm »

I've got two peasants that I'm unable to assign any jobs to, like a Noble, but with the professions:

Drunk
hunting Peasant

I had some other migrants with strange professions, but they've worked like normal.   These "broken" peasants don't show up in the draftable civilian military list, but do show up in the Noble/Administrator page (e.g. can assign as Sheriff, but not to a Military squad).

I think the latter might be related to gremlin migrants that used to show up as members of your civ incapable of any work except hunting. Both of these problems could be the result of the game taking actual creatures from the mountainhome and throwing them at your fort, instead of generating a migrant from thin air.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

thedude72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2010, 11:55:52 pm »

Drunk
hunting Peasant

I got a Master Thief with the same issue.... He's a dwarf too...

monkeyfetus

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring:terrible puns]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2010, 12:18:07 am »

I had to read that about five times before I realized it said "Hunting Peasant" and not "Hunting Pheasant"
Why does my adventurer keep crying?
Greiger's is actually correct...  sadly enough.  The emotional circumstance processor is still turned on, with a randomly rolled up personality, but they can't express themselves or take control...  they can only cry.

WSDX

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2010, 01:40:48 am »

I'm also having this issue with migrants. All migrant waves so far have been comprised of war Peasant/hunting Peasant/Master Thief/Drunk etc, with dwarf babies/children. All are unable to work.

The game would crash on worldgen unless I stopped it early, presumably this is related to the farm spam.

Ø

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2010, 05:23:34 am »

Drunk
hunting Peasant

I got a Master Thief with the same issue.... He's a dwarf too...
Confirmed here.
New strange thing: Adamantine is unminable. See my post here for more details.
Same problem I'm having.

Organum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2010, 06:12:17 am »

Is your name pronounced Theta?
If dwarves decided to live in trees like hippies, they'd still do it better than the elves.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2010, 07:16:43 am »

Heh, it seems that 31.13 has more bugs than 31.01 did upon release  :D

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2010, 07:22:39 am »

The pathing bugs? Your hyperbole is hyperbole.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

ungulateman

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: haunting moos]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2010, 08:13:47 am »

Heh, it seems that 31.13 has more bugs than 31.01 did upon release  :D

Well, I'll be genning worlds in 31.12 and transferring them to .13 to avoid the whole "great tracts of land" issue.

I don't care that much about the cotton candy right now anyway. I'm fine with chocolate bullets.
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7