Poll

What day should regular sessions be on?

Saturdays!
- 17 (77.3%)
Sundays!
- 5 (22.7%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Pages: 1 ... 234 235 [236] 237 238 ... 244

Author Topic: D&D 3.5- Western Marches: dead and gone (RIP)  (Read 299672 times)

Theoboldi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 3.5- Western Marches: Session on Saturday (always recruiting)
« Reply #3525 on: March 28, 2012, 10:16:22 am »

So here's my backup. No backstory yet, since I don't plan to use him any time in the future, but here he is for approval.

Also, did you guys actually finish that battle last session?

Edit: I almost forgot to ask, since I'll take my first level in charlatan soon, I need to know if i need material components for my 'spells'. The description of the ability doesn't say anything specific about it, but considering it's description it sounds like I do.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 11:35:50 am by Theoboldi »

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #3526 on: March 28, 2012, 09:37:20 pm »

Hell yeah we did! Maelrigar was all like "I'm gonna chop some orc!" and Brick was all like "I'm gonna heal Mysteller literally right before she would have died, after disabling a goblin!" and Vaba was all like "I'm gonna shoot this dwarf!"

And then we won.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3527 on: March 28, 2012, 09:45:07 pm »

Ah. Seems I missed the fun. But I have to admit that the "Explosive Runes" moment was worth showing up for. Anyways, I can't do Saturday this week.

Also, if you guys found an extra mace/flail/similar bludgeoning weapon that nobody else wants, I'll take it, as I could use one. I still don't see why the chain only deals piercing damage...
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3528 on: March 28, 2012, 10:42:32 pm »

The Explosive Runes trap was awesome, and it came out of the blue. I was expecting the chest to be trapped, so then Mael chopped open the locks and I thought 'Oh, false alarm.' Cue me going up to read the scroll and Shoruke saying something to the effect of 'To be clear, you're deciding to read the scroll?' The "Oh, crap"ness after Shoruke typed the second word was palpable. :P

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #3529 on: March 29, 2012, 09:41:13 am »

I think I can finally come on Saturday, this week and the week after.

And then is the wonderful state championship for robotics. A week later I can come, and then I hope I can't for nationals worlds.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3530 on: March 30, 2012, 01:56:29 pm »

No session this week. Next week is the last week of class, which translates to functional language as "EVERYTHING DUE AT ONCE HOLY SCHIIIIIIIIST"
You may be pleased to know that I have chosen, for my Web Programming project, something D&D-related. My goal is to beat the Pathguy Character Generator.
Goal #1: Make the character sheets exportable into Mythweavers. It's just a bunch of really, REALLY basic XML. How hard could it possibly be?

On a more thread-relevant note, spoils!
Experiens:
Vaba: 849 exp
Maelrigar, Mystellar: 660 exp
Brick: 1131 exp
Azra: 669 exp  (reduced since he left before the fight happened)
Adale, Loaw: 857 exp

Loot:
1,400 gp
38,000 sp
6 of: +1 Battleaxe of Least Pearlburst
6 of: +1 platemail
6 of: +2 Heavy Steel Shield
2 emeralds and a star sapphire, each worth 1,000 gp
A chunk of zircon, worth 50 gp
3 irregular freshwater pearls, each worth 10 gp
A +1 Shock light flail
A potion of Endure Elements
A potion of Owl's Wisdom

If we divide the coinage among the 7 characters that were present, each of you get 200 gp and 5429 sp.  (meaning that 2 or 3 silver pieces materialized out of thin air due to rounding errors)

Theoboldi's backup character looks okay, after a perfunctory glance... I just don't get why the webpage itself is named Cthulhu.
As for charlatans, their "spells" have an "arcane material component" as normal, it's just a different component than listed under the spell description, since you're simulating the spell with alchemical components.

Lastly, good luck, Red! Here's hoping we miss you that one week due to competitions.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #3531 on: March 30, 2012, 02:02:02 pm »

I forget, how much is journal experience?

No session this week. Next week is the last week of class, which translates to functional language as "EVERYTHING DUE AT ONCE HOLY SCHIIIIIIIIST"
You may be pleased to know that I have chosen, for my Web Programming project, something D&D-related. My goal is to beat the Pathguy Character Generator.
Goal #1: Make the character sheets exportable into Mythweavers. It's just a bunch of really, REALLY basic XML. How hard could it possibly be?
Hurrah! And you can even include the stuff that isn't entirely 'family friendly and wholesome', like warlocks and whatnot.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #3532 on: March 30, 2012, 02:02:56 pm »

I'll be waiting for that exporter :P

... Hopefully you'll find your way through the myriad of options that are on the Pathguy generator xD

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Theoboldi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3533 on: March 30, 2012, 02:13:36 pm »

Since I need a component pouch, do I get one for free like real wizards or do I have to pay for it?

On the Cthulhu thing, did you seriously expect me not to make that reference that on a friggin alienist?

Also, I'll take a share of 742 gold and the star sapphire from the loot.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 02:17:51 pm by Theoboldi »

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3534 on: March 30, 2012, 04:39:40 pm »

I admit I have my eye on that light flail... But anyways. I'll just take any loot you guys don't want. Good luck on the project, Shoruke!
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #3535 on: March 30, 2012, 05:54:15 pm »

Hm... Operation: D&Dify a Legend Character is now in effect.

*Takes a look*
Okay, I guess it's just figure a way to reconcile items between systems, and give the Legend character a knockdown in feats since Legend abolished the feat tax and in general made them all give something new. And then skills.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3536 on: March 31, 2012, 04:13:51 pm »

I suppose I'll take the shocking flail and a +2 Heavy Steel Shield.

Also, got me a level finally!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Theoboldi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3537 on: April 04, 2012, 12:21:29 pm »

Shoruke, I think you approved something like this sometime in the past, but correct me if I'm wrong. Can I take a flaw for Adale now and get another feat at level 6? I'm looking at Imperious Command from Drow of the underdark.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3538 on: April 05, 2012, 05:52:00 pm »

Shoruke, I think you approved something like this sometime in the past, but correct me if I'm wrong. Can I take a flaw for Adale now and get another feat at level 6? I'm looking at Imperious Command from Drow of the underdark.
Imperious Command looks okay, I think... but I'm not sure what you're asking? Basically you want to take a flaw (and gain a feat in return) now, even though you are already done character generation?
Assuming this is the case, just do that when you level up and we'll call it your retraining opportunity for that level.

Also, there's no session this week either, because I'm still working on homeworks. My first day of weekend during this long weekend is Wednesday.

And HTML is SUCH A HUGE BITCH TO CODE ARGLEBARGLE
Still, so help me god, I made it convert stats to point-buy, elegance be damned.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #3539 on: April 05, 2012, 06:40:57 pm »

So you do Web programming.

... Uh, that includes javascript, right?

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward
Pages: 1 ... 234 235 [236] 237 238 ... 244