Poll

What day should regular sessions be on?

Saturdays!
- 17 (77.3%)
Sundays!
- 5 (22.7%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Pages: 1 ... 232 233 [234] 235 236 ... 244

Author Topic: D&D 3.5- Western Marches: dead and gone (RIP)  (Read 299673 times)

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 3.5- Western Marches: Session on Saturday (always recruiting)
« Reply #3495 on: March 18, 2012, 12:53:48 pm »

It's getting near the end of school term for most people, so this is the time of year where everyone goes "BWAUGH HOMEWORKS I CAN'T DO ANYTHING :'("

On that note, session is scheduled to start in... 5 hours, 7 minutes.

EDIT: session time is hardcapped at 4 hours length. FYI
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 02:36:02 pm by shoruke »
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3496 on: March 18, 2012, 02:44:57 pm »

I might not be able to make it to the session today; I'll probably be able to be there for part of the middle, though.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #3497 on: March 18, 2012, 02:48:25 pm »

I shall be there.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #3498 on: March 18, 2012, 03:04:14 pm »

Unfortunately, I shall not.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3499 on: March 18, 2012, 04:04:26 pm »

Holy crap, you guys! I learned what eval() does in Web Programming!
Unfortunately, it helps me very little, because it asks me for input for every selected token, so the 6 seconds I intended to save (modifying my "roll hp" macro) every encounter is lost.

Still, there has to be some way of abusing it for fun... other than RAM's roll cascade...

Also, goddamn, my favorite SRD still hasn't renewed its license so I can't use it >.<
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 04:31:49 pm by shoruke »
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3500 on: March 18, 2012, 04:25:54 pm »

*Looks up eval()*

Okay, I think I get the purpose of the function. How were you planning on using it to save time?

Also, Maptools can use JavaScript?

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3501 on: March 18, 2012, 05:51:31 pm »

Server's up.
Game in 10 minutes? Assuming we get enough people to fight... this thing that you're going to be fighting.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #3502 on: March 18, 2012, 06:00:20 pm »

Actually, I may be able to show up for part of the time, albeit "distracted" by my macroecon textbook.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3503 on: March 18, 2012, 09:44:08 pm »

Suddenly, the opening in the dome that leads to the stairs slams shut; the area is completely encircled by glass.
The floor beneath you lurches...
And then begins to descend quickly, but smoothly.
Eventually, the light coming in through the windows becomes a speck above you.
Then the floor lights up, in a soft glow, so that you can still see each other.
The downwards motion continues for several hours.
Four hours later, the area outside the elevator is light again.
You can see a sky of rock above you, and a dim, grey sky all around.
The elevator is slowly descending through a glass tunnel, downwards towards a vast, scorched-grey landscape.
RRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWR!
A Gargantuan Black Dragon presses itself against the glass, and breathes a spurt of acid onto it!
The glass is covered in acid, so thick and viscous that you can no longer see out that side, but the glass holds its shape.
*THUMP*
*THUMP*
*THUMP*
*THUMP*

After a few minutes of beating on the glass, the dragon decides you are not worth its time, and leaves.

You are getting closer to the ground; below you, the base of the tower has a path leading down a small trail, and towards a small town.
Closer still, and you can see that there are pillars of smoke coming out from between the buildings in places.
Closer still, and you realize, most of the buildings are delapidated... some have trees growing out of, or through, their roofs.
The lift slows down as you approach ground level, and stops with another lurch.
The west side of the elevator opens up, revealing another shallow flight of stairs.

That fight would have been a bit more epic if not for the fact that the main opponent spent the entirety of it not actually fighting, due to failing two will saves... and the others were just mooks. I had planned for the dragon to troll all of you by breathing acid at you every 1d4 rounds and never coming into melee range, and then probably deciding Vaba needs to die first when he keeps shooting it. Oh well, those bandits should be interesting. Do try not to die, heh heh.

...I'll calculate the exp from the fight tomorrow. Also, pre-emptive welcome to our new potential powergamer, Dr. Voltron!
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 10:07:52 pm by shoruke »

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #3504 on: March 18, 2012, 09:59:28 pm »

A failed save has brought many great heroes (or villains) low.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #3505 on: March 18, 2012, 10:14:55 pm »

Ironically, the dragon was unable to fight because I had taken a feat (Vow of Nonviolence) making me unable to fight. I Brick'd the hell out of that dragon!

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #3506 on: March 18, 2012, 10:21:09 pm »

Shoruke, think it through again next time. RAM and I can and will summonbot, and there are plenty of flying summons.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3507 on: March 19, 2012, 12:35:37 pm »

Hey, Shoruke, do you think about this build?

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=382350

It's that OP class I showed you yesterday. (I wouldn't want to replace my character, of course. I just thought that this might be an interesting build.)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 12:37:12 pm by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3508 on: March 19, 2012, 02:16:40 pm »

That class is just really unbalanced. At higher levels, it might be somewhat reasonable when weighed against nigh-epic wizards, but any GM who allows that class into a low-level campaign deserves the train wreck he gets.

Theoboldi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3509 on: March 19, 2012, 02:30:37 pm »

So shoruke, you wanted me to remind you to look up the alienist class for my backup. Sorry for making you look up so much stuff, but it looks like I can't focus on one character concept for more than one day.

If you allow it, I'd like to ask you if I can keep the non-celestial or fiendish creatures on the summon monster list when I take the class. The class is summoning focused, and losing the actually useful summonable creatures would hurt pretty badly. If it doesn't make sense from a fluff standpoint maybe you could replace the outsiders on the lists with aberrations of the same CR.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 02:36:11 pm by Theoboldi »
Pages: 1 ... 232 233 [234] 235 236 ... 244