Poll

What day should regular sessions be on?

Saturdays!
- 17 (77.3%)
Sundays!
- 5 (22.7%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Pages: 1 ... 217 218 [219] 220 221 ... 244

Author Topic: D&D 3.5- Western Marches: dead and gone (RIP)  (Read 299903 times)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 3.5- Western Marches: Session on Saturday (always recruiting)
« Reply #3270 on: January 24, 2012, 02:41:33 am »

I think it was this game that I had a wand of lesser vigour, it should be moved to a group inventory so that it will always be there for out-of-combat healing...

I am confident that Maelrigar will become more balanced as time goes on, but I could be wrong about that if we manage to talk Shoruke into accepting Tenser's improved transformation and the ninth level version of <umm, whirling blade? The one that lets you throw your sword...> that will be known only as 'Cut the World'...

Sorry that I didn't make it, something came up : (

Tell me what you want your macro to do and I may be inclined to make something that does it.
Spoiler: For example (click to show/hide)
Long story short: I have some experience with macros, but I tend to make them long-winded...

P.S.
 I finally found that bug, turns out that at some point "0" was being turned into 0 and was generating an error because I was trying to eval(0) when you can obviously only eval("0") so I replaced it with eval(variable+"+0") which should be stable... This means that Gurk can now score critical hits, which is a good thing for Gurk, who is in a different campaign...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3271 on: January 24, 2012, 06:26:54 am »

I think that Mael isn't broken, but he is well made and thought out. Just because he is capable of doing large amounts of damage, with a two handed weapon while having large amounts of damage enhancing strength, and rolls lucky only twice in a row to crit with a weapon that been magically enhanced, does not mean that he is overpowered.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3272 on: January 24, 2012, 08:39:27 am »

I think that Mael isn't broken, but he is well made and thought out. Just because he is capable of doing large amounts of damage, with a two handed weapon while having large amounts of damage enhancing strength, and rolls lucky only twice in a row to crit with a weapon that been magically enhanced, does not mean that he is overpowered.

I agree, but he's getting too far ahead of the group in experience to be manageable. Since we had so many character changes Mael, Ethan and Mysteller are the highest level characters at level 6 (or about to be). There is a small wall in the experience:

Mael: 22954
Mysteller: 20169
Ethan: 19661
Vaba: 15012
Lith: 8851
Recent Players: 5500

The experience may be outdated by a session, but I think the gap may be the problem. Mael just seems OP'd because he's suppose to be at level 6. We just need to catch up somehow.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #3273 on: January 24, 2012, 08:59:08 am »

Mael just seems OP'd because he's suppose to be at level 6. We just need to catch up somehow.
Well, 7, going on 8. Yeah, that's really the main problem. Character is balanced for his level, not the party's. Therefore, he remains around with without XP so that the gap can close a bit. The other character is just so that I can do some form of character progression.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #3274 on: January 24, 2012, 08:45:23 pm »

I suppose to help even out the gap, maybe I should do what Barb is doing and take temporary leave of my current character... I just need to make a backstory for my backup.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #3275 on: January 24, 2012, 09:17:29 pm »

Not taking leave, just taking leave of experience. If all of the oldest characters just disappeared, we'd have some serious continuity problems.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3276 on: January 24, 2012, 09:24:25 pm »

Also if the high level guys leave the low level guys will level up slower.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3277 on: January 25, 2012, 03:12:34 am »

By the way, if you can read that macro I posted, then pat yourself on the back. The macro language is basically everything that makes a different language without actually changing the vocabulary, much, from English. Of course, there are some oddities in the vocabulary, which can generally be translated at the wiki. Otherwise it just uses an odd sentence structure, has obscure grammar rules, and an in-built grammar-nazi standing behind you wielding a colossal cane that burns white-hot with the fires of pure malice. All things considered, it is a terrible programming language that runs on a terrible disk operating system, but you can do some truly amazing things with it anyway... It 'should' be possible to have macros basically handle all the dice-rolls and automatic status updates. There would be macros for all the actions in the book, macros to let you input new spells, weapons, or character levels, and macros to tell you all your character traits in the case that you wanted to do something not covered in the rules. But unfortunately, that is a huge project, and requires that everyone subscribe, otherwise their character wouldn't have the macros to take damage and the macros to make saves and the macros to perform opposed checks and the macros that report their skills...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3278 on: January 25, 2012, 11:16:04 am »

If Maelrigar had had to take on the Nessian Warhound (which btw can be found next to Hellhounds in the SRD, since they're like cousins or something), he probably would have stayed on the ship casting buffs on himself for a couple turns before heading out. Even waaay back in the day when he was like level 2 or 3 or so, it seemed the only reason he needed a pickaxe to get through a goddamn cave-in was so that he could bring the wagons. He's not exactly built for holding back.
On that note, I think I'm going to be nerfing the watersharks spell soon so that they can't pick things up, or really do anything except make bite attacks. I'll have the exact details for that later.

Also, session on Saturday.
I'm not sure about the Saturday after that, since there's a programming contest that I'm somewhat interested in taking part in.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 12:26:39 pm by shoruke »
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3279 on: January 25, 2012, 06:35:25 pm »

Why the heck do you have two greatswords Barba?

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3280 on: January 25, 2012, 06:43:50 pm »

Part of the whirly-blade spell is that it can be lodged in a wall if Shoruke rolls a 1 on a d20. I'm sure that he carries a spare in case Shoruke is lucky and succeeds in lodging his blade.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3281 on: January 25, 2012, 06:59:30 pm »

"whirly-blade spell"?

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #3282 on: January 25, 2012, 07:01:51 pm »

Blade Barrier?

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3283 on: January 25, 2012, 07:03:17 pm »

Oh wait. Like... Whirling blade or something? I vaguely remember a spell called that. That can get stuck in walls?

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3284 on: January 25, 2012, 07:09:37 pm »

The RAW version of it says nothing about blades being stuck in walls, but Shoruke thought it was weird for a blade to hit a wall and fly back without any problems. The natural 1 sticking the blade into the wall was the answer.

Pages: 1 ... 217 218 [219] 220 221 ... 244