Poll

What day should regular sessions be on?

Saturdays!
- 17 (77.3%)
Sundays!
- 5 (22.7%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Pages: 1 ... 216 217 [218] 219 220 ... 244

Author Topic: D&D 3.5- Western Marches: dead and gone (RIP)  (Read 299917 times)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 3.5- Western Marches: Session on Saturday (always recruiting)
« Reply #3255 on: January 22, 2012, 11:52:55 pm »

Spoiler: Maelrigar's Log (click to show/hide)

In other news, Maelrigar will be a tad more passive for a few sessions so that you people can catch up a little. I feel bad about steamrolling over a monster that almost killed party members. Maelrigar will still be around, and will make a reappearance in a few sessions. I'll be primarily playing a new secondary character for a little bit, and ignoring XP gain for Maelrigar for a little bit. Maelrigar will most likely be staying out of battles during this time, barring exceedingly important boss fights or whatever.

Level 4, yes?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3256 on: January 23, 2012, 12:21:19 am »

Even if it is temporary I think level 4 sounds fairly standard for new characters. What kind of a character do you want to play this time?

EDIT: I'll retrain Darkstalker with Dragonfire Inspiration. Chances are that I'm going to be playing music more than I'd be hiding. This means that the Dark template is more of a joke attempt to nerf myself, but I'll roll with it.

Any chance Badge of Valor (MIC, p.208) is allowed? It's basically Inspirational Boost in a 3/day item form. I would only be able to use one swift action per round, so I wouldn't be able to use it immediately.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 01:28:42 am by The Fool »

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #3257 on: January 23, 2012, 01:15:22 am »

I'm split between Bowbarian, Warforged Huggernaut, and Enchanter. The first is a ranged character, which I've never really pulled off. The second is something that I've only ever done in competitions, and not a campaign. (Which is why I'm thinking no. The level 5 version could pin a 12-headed hydra to the ground and shred it to death in under a minute.) The last is a support caster, which could be neat.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3258 on: January 23, 2012, 04:06:11 am »

How about a cleric? SOMETHING that can heal, because I don't think we have anyone who can do that.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #3259 on: January 23, 2012, 08:50:04 am »

I've already got a cleric in The Mercenaries, for the rare occasions we play. It's alright there, but I honestly don't enjoy being the designated healbot much. Also we have a cleric with more than 20,000 experience that summons gigantic centipedes, so there's that.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3260 on: January 23, 2012, 10:26:09 am »

You dont HAVE to be a healbot, we only really need healing after combat. In combat, we would ideally use items to heal. You can be a buffer/caster/backup melee otherwise.

Tell you what, if you take my place as party rogue, then I'll be the healing cleric. How's that sound?

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3261 on: January 23, 2012, 01:11:17 pm »

RAM is currently the party cleric, but he's also a summonbot and he's also the king of being AFK (by his own admission).

And yeah, the Badge of Valour is okay, I suppose. Up to three extra points to Inspire Courage per day? WHAT IS THE WORST THAT COULD HAPPEN.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3262 on: January 23, 2012, 01:19:10 pm »

@Shoruke: Is the XP tracker up to date?

I seem to be missing 1000 XP. 500 xp or something.

If it was that first fight, I will contend since we had not actually started it when before character was in, I sort of deserve it. I did fight out the whole battle.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 01:27:18 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3263 on: January 23, 2012, 02:25:39 pm »

Ok well, family affairs totally took over yesterday. But I'm to the point that I'm worried if I will even want to continue here.

We will see how it goes come Sat(assuming the next session is then), and we can go from there.
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3264 on: January 23, 2012, 02:45:31 pm »

@Haika: Hmm. The meshing thing I can help you with. I like to RP, but me and you have not really had a chance, for either of my chars. You sort of have to approach me IC to get it started though.

Also, Desraktu has a bone to pick with you for killing his dog. That's a good way into the party makeup. Or a way out, if you're looking to play a new char altogether. :P

As for the jack of all trades thing, not strong enough etc-It's exactly the same with me. We're generally low level and compared to Mael and Vaba who have been playing forever, me and you are always going to suck in comparison.

Case in point last night, I ran up and poked the Helldog monster we were fighting for 6 damage...and Mael double crits or something for 50+. And then he critted it again and killed it before I even could get a second attack. So, I felt utterly useless, yeah.

As for the questions, there's no problem with you asking them-just try to use our lengthy pre-sessions to hammer out your chars moves and strategy. Yes, I know it can be annoying to absorb-since we have to have week long breaks between sessions, all the knowledge tends to evaporate. Macros help-I put my move info in the macros, so I know what it will do. Once you get a hang of it, its really not that much to absorb. Spellcasters will always just naturally have it harder.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3265 on: January 23, 2012, 04:30:25 pm »

Macros sound like they would be really handy, but they look all sorts of weird code.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #3266 on: January 23, 2012, 06:52:11 pm »

Macros sound like they would be really handy, but they look all sorts of weird code.
That is a rather good description of them.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3267 on: January 23, 2012, 10:25:36 pm »

Don't worry about it. If I can make it to the session then everyone will be doing ridiculous amounts of damage no matter what kind of build everyone has. You'll enjoy the jump in damage output.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #3268 on: January 23, 2012, 11:45:03 pm »

Macrocode is pretty nice once you get the hang of it. It's like the twisted and half-eviscerated child of HTML and JavaScript. I've got some pretty awesome macros for attack iterations.

@Haika: We're a patient lot, many new people have joined. Ask anything of me, and I'll try to help. Also, the last session contained only one short battle.

@Zako: I wouldn't want to make you redo your character. I'll see what I can do about a partial healer, perhaps. First priority is to reduce the occurrence of this type of statement.

Case in point last night, I ran up and poked the Helldog monster we were fighting for 6 damage...and Mael double crits or something for 50+. And then he critted it again and killed it before I even could get a second attack. So, I felt utterly useless, yeah.
Granted, I rarely get critical hits and almost never more than one in a session. It's still a tad unbalanced, though, even with me intentionally trying to cripple myself all game.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3269 on: January 24, 2012, 12:41:12 am »

Can't we just get a wand of cure light wounds or something? Clerics are nice for buffs, but we have a Bard for that. Heck, the bard can use the wand to heal us all after battles. I will put my 200 gold into it if some other guys are willing to step up the rest of the cost. I spent all my other gold :/

Also: Honestly, I don't really have a issue with the Water Orc. I mean. Yes. He is more powerful then most of us most of the time. But not normally to the point he was that session. In a normal game we are still all valuable members of the team.

Consider that hell beast.

If Barba fought it one on one and did not Crit it, could he have taken it?

I am unsure.. Assuming he used the same strategy he did last time, Barba would be doing... What? A average of 8.4 damage per turn. Since he would need a 14+ to even hit it without his amazing luck, or the many many bonuses we give him (accounting for about 1/3 of his attack bonus in normal situations.)

Where as the hell hound is looking at 22.325 damage per turn. Since it is looking at hitting him on anything but a 1. Of course with us around there is many more HP to pass the damage around, and I know that I personally can make everyone 20% harder to hit.

Now. That said. Barba is a good player. And Maelrigar is a fairly well made thing. And of course without backup and a need to protect us he most likely would not have charged it on his own for a toe to toe fight.

But still. Without us. And without his amazing luck. Do you think he could have taken the hell hound?
Pages: 1 ... 216 217 [218] 219 220 ... 244