Poll

What day should regular sessions be on?

Saturdays!
- 17 (77.3%)
Sundays!
- 5 (22.7%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Pages: 1 ... 214 215 [216] 217 218 ... 244

Author Topic: D&D 3.5- Western Marches: dead and gone (RIP)  (Read 299920 times)

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 3.5- Western Marches: Session on Saturday (always recruiting)
« Reply #3225 on: January 21, 2012, 11:12:35 pm »

Yeah, but I'm constantly revising his character sheet in the time I have left 'till the next session, after which his sheet will be set for the rest of his fictional life. So far I've made him (in order) a half-celestial wizard/fighter, a half-celestial fighter, a half-celestial paladin, a half-celestial fighter again, and now he's a psychic warrior. Pending approval, of course.

Pseudo-edit:
He shot down psionics for me recently. Maybe if we push hard enough?
He did? I thought he just said that he'd consider allowing them partway through the campaign.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3226 on: January 21, 2012, 11:19:25 pm »

Maybe you should get a concept in your head, then find the mechanics to make it work. Because it all seems very schizophrenic right now.

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3227 on: January 21, 2012, 11:27:53 pm »

Because it all seems very schizophrenic right now.
Indubitably.

The main idea is to have a guy who can do melee combat, have a bit of magic-esque ability, and be awesome. I like the idea of a psionic monk because monks know kung-fu and psychic warriors have the ability to get psionic feats that let them run up walls and make amazing leaps. And so on and so forth.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #3228 on: January 21, 2012, 11:29:25 pm »

Kung-Fu Genius would be a good feat for a monk/wizard. I'm pretty sure Shoruke didn't want to have to deal with psionics, but psions are basically psychic wizards. That, and you don't have to worry about armor.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #3229 on: January 22, 2012, 09:21:00 am »

Yeah in the past week or two he's said no psionics. And you want the Tashalatora PrC. Or feat. I forget what it is.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 09:23:09 am by RedWarrior0 »

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3230 on: January 22, 2012, 11:00:20 am »

It took a long time to make this rhyme in Draconic. It kind of makes sense, but the lack of certain words makes it harder to translate properly.

Spoiler: Draconic Melodies (click to show/hide)

There was no words for shark, so I left it as is. Everything else was trial and error.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3231 on: January 22, 2012, 11:31:57 am »

It took a long time to make this rhyme in Draconic. It kind of makes sense, but the lack of certain words makes it harder to translate properly.

Spoiler: Draconic Melodies (click to show/hide)

There was no words for shark, so I left it as is. Everything else was trial and error.
Woo! We've got a kobold bard chronicling our exploits! That must have taken forever to rhyme!

Also, game today?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3232 on: January 22, 2012, 12:10:35 pm »

Yes, game today.

About six hours from now, I believe.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3233 on: January 22, 2012, 02:28:04 pm »

Vemcin rhyaex-soneir xiiva batobot wiapi?

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3234 on: January 22, 2012, 02:43:20 pm »

Vemcin rhyaex-soneir xiiva batobot wiapi?
Giant rhyaex-soneir fish that flies?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3235 on: January 22, 2012, 02:44:42 pm »

@Araph: Separate the words before translating. :P
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3236 on: January 22, 2012, 02:46:48 pm »

Oh! 'Giant meat-eating fish that flies?'

EDIT: A winged tuna? Rocket-propelled mackerel? Anti-gravity mahi-mahi?
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 02:50:44 pm by Araph »

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3237 on: January 22, 2012, 02:55:46 pm »

Rhyaex soneir jlatak gilled xiiva mrith rough molik batobot wiapi vur tepohaic othi batobot oontanx spical?

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3238 on: January 22, 2012, 03:34:15 pm »

I'll deal with randomly doling out your crusader maneuvers, I guess. I suppose it's my job.

No, template classes do not give you hit dice. If you take a template class that does grant HD, I'm ruling the HD away from you.

For the cold iron weapons, I'm going to say it costs an extra 2,000 gp every time you get them enchanted, but if you put several enchantments on at once you only pay the 2,000 gp once for that enchanting "session". (airquotes because that session is likely to be broken up over several weeks)
Enchantments that do extra energy damage are usually quite nice, especially holy ones (which affects all evil-aligned enemies and does more damage than the other elemental enchantments, but also costs more since it's +2).
Spell-storing weapons sound really cool, but the hard part is finding a decent single-targetting spell to put in it. For instance, the only third-level core wizard spells that are available are Ray of Exhaustion and Vampiric Touch (fireball hits a radius and lightning bolt hits in a line). I suppose you could put Scorching Ray in it...
As for the actual rules on spell-storing weapons... the spell the weapon produces will be exactly as if the original caster had taken an action and cast the spell on whoever the weapon hits (except that the weapon doesn't have semantic components or casting time or material components etc. etc. but you get what I mean). Also, you can't use metamagics to buff a spell over level 3 and put it into a spell-storing weapon.

I'll approve Psychokinetic weapons.
If you attack an incorporeal opponent with it, and the weapon misses due to the incorporeality miss chance, the 1d4 force damage still happens. (and for the curious, I think only the part of the weapon you hit people with is enchanted, which is why ‼flaming weapons‼ do not cause their owners' sleeves to catch fire, so ghosts would still have trouble picking up a psychokinetic weapon)

No, you guys aren't likely to be fighting many dragons. Two, maybe. (barring random encounters with the little wyrmlings, but I wouldn't optimize one's build for those because... random...)

Core races can acquire "natural weapons" by taking a level in monk. Assuming that race advances by class level, of course.

Psionics are not currently in this campaign, but since people keep expressing interest I'm considering making a side-quest to unlock them.

And yes, there is a game today, in about 2.5 hours.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3239 on: January 22, 2012, 04:05:15 pm »

Psionics are not currently in this campaign, but since people keep expressing interest I'm considering making a side-quest to unlock them.
DO WANT.

Would the side quest be doable in the near future? Within, say, two levels-worth of adventuring?
Pages: 1 ... 214 215 [216] 217 218 ... 244