Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 43

Author Topic: BYOR 5 - Night 3: Under Con-Troll.  (Read 70133 times)

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 5 - Day 2: Trolls Galore
« Reply #525 on: September 25, 2010, 08:48:14 pm »

But, Freddie Mercury would not do Evil. or at least he would not :(. my claim is Idiot ball, just to make it blatent if someone glossed over my last few posts.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: September 25, 2010, 10:15:03 pm »

What I'm wondering at this point is why ToonyMan would claim Samus, if Tylui is telling the truth.

Jester?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: September 25, 2010, 10:19:40 pm »

Pandar, another role related question:

We started the day with Org, Person, Joker and Zai dead. Joker died from breadbox's poison. How did Zai die? One possibility is that Mr. Person had a defensive kill, war-veteran-like, and Zai died while doing the mafia NK on him (not Org, as we know his abilities had nothing of the kind). Given the unclaimed roles, which one do you think would be capable of this? Also, keep in mind this:

I think I might be the one who killed Zai, as I copied his action.

Ottofar, can you elaborate? What ability did you use and how, and how would it have killed Zai? Pandar, does Freddy Mercury have such a capability?

Finally, with two townies dead (apart from the poison), we are looking at two night-kill capable roles/teams. One is the mafia. Who is the other one? Is there a role that specifically points to a SK (which, for instance, Archangel's doesn't)?

My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: September 25, 2010, 10:24:42 pm »

Ottofar's explanation is likely - an action copied to another player may have done it; Freddy Mercury can copy a target's action and use it on them. If Zai mafiakill'd, Ottofar would've mafiakill'd Zai with the copied act.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: September 25, 2010, 10:31:08 pm »

Ottofar's explanation is likely - an action copied to another player may have done it; Freddy Mercury can copy a target's action and use it on them. If Zai mafiakill'd, Ottofar would've mafiakill'd Zai with the copied act.

Interesting. Ottofar, can you give the name of the ability so Pandar can confirm?

If this is what happened, it would pretty much clear Ottofar from being mafia, there's no way he would have done it if he was his scumbuddy. How about the other half of the question, Pandar? Is there an unclaimed role with something like war vet defensive kill that would explain Zai's death?

Also, we are still looking for one other night-kill-capable role to account for both Org and Person's deaths.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: September 26, 2010, 12:14:48 am »

There is indeed a role that could kill whoever attacks them at night.

Mega Man had a two-in-one roleblock and kill - a one-shot but it could be the source.

There's another possibility but I NEED ALL CLAIMS SO I CAN DISCUSS INFORMATION MORE FREELY.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: September 26, 2010, 12:29:46 am »

There's another possibility but I NEED ALL CLAIMS SO I CAN DISCUSS INFORMATION MORE FREELY.

Yeah... I have more questions (and some previous have not been answered), but I'll shut up about this until we make more progress with the claims. As far as I can see, only Scatterbrain, Toaster & IronyOwl have completely failed to claim or having others infer their claim. Everyone else has something known by you about them. We also know that one of ToonyMan or Tylui is lying (I'm inclined to believe Tylui over Toony at this point, but that may change).

Web, Scatterbrain & IronyOwl have posted only once since the mass prod and promptly disappeared. Can you please prod them? Preferably with a shotgun?

Toaster, get out here and claim, or explain why not.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: September 26, 2010, 01:36:08 am »

Ottofar, can you give the name of the ability so Pandar can confirm?
Singer

About the cut short part:
I received the PM with the choices and the PM with my chosen powers while away. These would've been my choices anyways, so it doesn't matter.

Also, Pandar, what would've instrumentalist done?

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: September 26, 2010, 01:58:22 am »

You protect your target from harm with it. "Somehow."

Yeah, Wuba recognized how odd that was it seems.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: September 26, 2010, 01:59:38 am »

Oh, and I'm trusting ToonyMan in his claim.  Samus's powers were mentioned earlier and Breadie is buddying. Also Tylui was defending Breadbox until he voted for him.
Unvote Archie

Vote Tylui.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: September 26, 2010, 02:02:08 am »

Oh, and I'm trusting ToonyMan in his claim.  Samus's powers were mentioned earlier and Breadie is buddying. Also Tylui was defending Breadbox until he voted for him.
Unvote Archie

Vote Tylui.

I would be following this, but he said EXACTLY what Power Suit does. That's why I'm calling for them to do CRYPTIC!Claims of some type.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: September 26, 2010, 02:27:03 am »

You have a point.

Toonyman
, name another ability, and what it does.

Unvote Tylui,

Vote breadbox
until then.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: September 26, 2010, 02:27:30 am »

Unvote Archie. Vote Tylui.
I would be following this, but he said EXACTLY what Power Suit does. That's why I'm calling for them to do CRYPTIC!Claims of some type.

Yes, I've been thinking about this. My original vote on him was due to behaviour, but he successfully defended it with this very precise definition:
My Auto ability is this: "Power Suit: Players that target you are disabled the following Day."

Pandar, I can't think how "cryptic claims" can be trustworthy enough for you to make a definitive call. Rather, the opposite should happen. If I may:

Unvote Tylui.
ToonyMan
, I dare you to give an equally precise description of either "Morphball" or "Missile", including its (when-to-use) in parenthesis, and as close to the real description as possible to be compared against Pandar's list. If you can't, then you are lying.

If ToonyMan can, indeed, produce the above, then... is there a way that Tylui or ToonyMan could know it that precisely and still be the Webadict? The only way I can think of is if the cultist hit the real Samus and Breadbocks earlier with the "King of the Mafia" role switch power, and had the details told to him via cultchat. I don't know how to decide then, but this situation only arises if Toony is able to produce the precise ability description.

So, how 'bout it, ToonyMan? Are you feelin' lucky, punk?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: September 26, 2010, 02:35:07 am »

Hm.  I estimate the probability that Toony picked Samus at approximately zero, since that's so far out of his usual interest zone as to be impossible.  It's also reasonably likely that he grabbed Tylui's role... but then I have to ask:

Pandar, what is the limitation of usage for King of the Mafia?  Can it be used multiple times per day?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: September 26, 2010, 02:42:47 am »

I don't really care anymore, sorry.  Meta games suck hard.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 43