Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 43

Author Topic: BYOR 5 - Night 3: Under Con-Troll.  (Read 70240 times)

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 5 - Day 1: Lesson In History
« Reply #285 on: September 17, 2010, 12:03:13 am »

Thank you Org, that's exactly what I was looking for. Unvote.

Jokerman, I fail to see how Breadbocks is being passive. He clearly said I was scum. It don't think it gets any more aggressive than that. In fact, I fail to see how anybody could see Breadbocks as being passive. Waffling, sure, but passive? No way.

He said you're either scum or Cult, but doesn't want to vote you? What's the definition of passive, then?

Other than that, I'm looking at Tack for going for an easy lynch (I think?) He wants to lynch Elegy even though he doesn't think he's scum, then he fills a page with non-game crap and for all his talk, not being very helpful as far as I can see.

And as to why I haven't really been posting or anything in this game, I'm sorry to say that it hasn't really been my focus. Shitty excuse but there you go. I'll start giving it more attention.
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

Scatterbrain

• Bay Watcher
  • 'Oh PLEASE be my prisoner!'
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: September 17, 2010, 06:24:09 am »

unvote vote org
cuz bein suspicious n stuff
more reasons that i won't elaborate on go here
not really helping town here but hey i'm org so
gonna go for mass hyperbole so nobody notices
derp

(if you find this post in the slightest bit scummy/annoying/unhelpful, then you know why i'm voting org. also, no offence intended dude, i'm just making a point ;D besides, everyone already got your quotes quoted and such already, checked them out and they're fine n dandy. basically, if your 'contribution' is just to vote in the 'right' place, then as far as everyone else is concerned, it's scummy; don't like it. you haven't helped towns cause in any other way, and for all we know, you're a scum that's slipping into... well, best phrase i can think of is a cover-meta. see what i'm saying? you're making it super hard for anyone to get tells on you and are using the one-size-fits-all 'I am org therefore it's ok' excuse. you might as well be lurking with the occasional bandwagon, dude.)

Scatterbrain

• Bay Watcher
  • 'Oh PLEASE be my prisoner!'
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: September 17, 2010, 06:50:23 am »

1) got a problem with fearing powered individuals?
Not if they're scum. But since they're got better odds of being town, why are you scared of them?

because they might be scum. simply enough.

2) by this point org had made some suspect posts; besides, i said acting normal for org, which is inherently suspicious anyway
No he hadn't. There were 0 Org posts between when you said Org was normal and you said you suspected Org. If Normal Org was Suspicious Org, why didn't you mention it when you said he was normal?

huh? i count at least 3 posts. also, i said that he was being suspicious with his quick 2nd vote at the time - which is a bit different to going from 'i think org is acting normal, therefore not suspicious' to 'i think org is acting normal, therefore is suspicious', which is what has basically happened as i've seen him post more and more + read what other people have had to say. opinion has changed over time and with posts.

Nightkills are a pretty standard part of the game. You honestly didn't realize knowing what everyone's powers did would give scum an easier time choosing targets?

indeed, i honestly did not. that's what i've been saying!

the least i can say for you, toaster, is that i'm glad that there's someone out there that's getting down to the business of scumhunting. that's what i'll put this little bit of aggression down to... for the time being. even if this comes very soon after the first vote for me (won't you be following up on that vote with some questioning, breadbocks?)
How magnanimous of you to forgive Toaster's unusual aggression as probably scum hunting, for the moment. Particularly gracious given he's the second vote on you, which is terribly suspicious.

ATTN: ALL SCUMHUNTING MUST BE DONE IN THE VOICE OF A TOTAL DOUCHEWAD IN ORDER FOR IT TO EVER WORK AT ALL YUP NO OTHER POSSIBLE WAY TO DO IT MUST BE DONE IN A PREDEFINED VOICE.

honestly, this just really pisses me off. it's not even a valid point! what the fuck, man. seriously :|
The issue is not that you didn't say it like an asshole, the issue is that you condescendingly said you were "putting Toaster's behavior down as scumhunting for now," despite his vote coming "very" soon after the first person to vote you. You're trying to imply his attack wasn't reasonable and might be bandwagoning, but that you'll be so kind as to assume his unusual behavior is just scumhunting. Assuming he stops attacking you and behaves townlike again, of course.

well, yeah. is it so bad to be able to see both sides of the argument? i kind of get what you're saying that there's two conflicting ideas in a very short space of time - but then i wasn't in 'single track mind' mode then. it was suspicious in one way, but i could see the other possibility too; i don't think pointing them both out is such a terrible thing.

(and yeah, i was pretty annoyed by your post at the time, which is probably why i missed what you were getting at, hehe)

@Scatterbrain: If you could be so nice, either find and requote where you covered what you were looking to find or just retype it.

my response was:

like i said, being new to this i wasn't struck by how the question would help scum. and i can't predict what sort of answer a person would give to that question (again, that's the noob in me), so i would judge whether it was scummy or not based on what the actual answer was. which is stating the obvious, but that was the plan, didn't (couldn't) go in there with a predetermined idea of good answer/bad answer, as the concepts of goodness/badness would present themselves upon the question being answered. basically, i jumped in at the deep end; i can see now that it wasn't the best question to do so with.

Then fucking indicate it if you're using sarcasm. That was completely undetectable. If you don't, then it just looks like you're retconning a bad situation. Especially when you follow it with "that's what i'll put this little bit of aggression down to," which makes it look completely fucking serious.

sorry that i wasn't being clear enough for you.

Because you said "That's what I'll put this little bit of aggression down to... for the time being." That implies that you will eventually vote him if he doesn't stop attacking you. While it may not be an empty threat, you're effectively saying in advance that you will OMGUS him if he doesn't pick on someone else.

there's a difference between an OMGUS and having a legit reason for doing so. at the time, i felt like i was in the latter category.

<don't know if i'm done but i gotta dash, bell just went>

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: September 17, 2010, 04:54:17 pm »

unvote vote org
cuz bein suspicious n stuff
more reasons that i won't elaborate on go here
not really helping town here but hey i'm org so
gonna go for mass hyperbole so nobody notices
derp

(if you find this post in the slightest bit scummy/annoying/unhelpful, then you know why i'm voting org. also, no offence intended dude, i'm just making a point ;D besides, everyone already got your quotes quoted and such already, checked them out and they're fine n dandy. basically, if your 'contribution' is just to vote in the 'right' place, then as far as everyone else is concerned, it's scummy; don't like it. you haven't helped towns cause in any other way, and for all we know, you're a scum that's slipping into... well, best phrase i can think of is a cover-meta. see what i'm saying? you're making it super hard for anyone to get tells on you and are using the one-size-fits-all 'I am org therefore it's ok' excuse. you might as well be lurking with the occasional bandwagon, dude.)
While Org is being particularly stupid this game: What you just did is not a valid argument, dude. Provide the evidence yourself. Don't just say "go look at udder guys attackin org. dey got d good prroof."

o.O Did I just imagine that? Either Jokerman totally just condemned himself next round, or he is almost as bad town as me. Anyways, how am I flipping between people? I voted Scatter as a (semi-)random vote at the start, posted my suspicions and some questions, took off my placeholder vote on Scatterbrain, and unvoted, because obviously it was doing no good.
1) It was doing no good because you weren't pushing him.
2) Obviously, you are "flipping" by not deciding if someone you said had leveled off at scum was actually scum or not.

SCATTERBRAIN: Can you please use better grammar? It's really annoying trying to decipher your posts. Even Mbp (obviously native-French-speaker) isn't that annoying to read through.

WEB: Please prod Mysteriousbluepuppet (he's posted elsewhere on Bay 12, but hasn't posted in here in 3 days) and Ottofar (hasn't been on in 3 days; might need a replacement).
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: September 17, 2010, 05:04:13 pm »

With not much time left in the day, I've come the the conclusion, Mr. Person is the most active scum. We can hold off a bit on the lurkers/need replacements. Jokerman will be gone soon enough that he is no worry.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: September 17, 2010, 05:08:01 pm »

With not much time left in the day, I've come the the conclusion, Mr. Person is the most active scum. We can hold off a bit on the lurkers/need replacements. Jokerman will be gone soon enough that he is no worry.

And where did you get this from?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: September 17, 2010, 05:18:53 pm »

Which "this"? There was no clear antecedent.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: September 17, 2010, 05:25:49 pm »

Which "this"? There was no clear antecedent.

Sorry, my grammatical fail.

How did you arrive at that conclusion?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: September 17, 2010, 06:18:06 pm »

The way Mr.P has been acting. He hasn't made all that many more posts than Jokerman (One more if I counted correctly), very few had all that much substance, and what meat there was seemed scummy to me.

Also, I suppose now would be the right time to post my thoughts on Jokerman: The scumteam put him up to it. They want a scum-like town (Me) as a scapegoat, so they wanted to move the lynch off of me. Thus, total scum bandwagon to get votes off me and on to him. My self-preservationist wants me to not say it, but my townie wants the scummiest town (Me) gone, so the pros can catch the scum/third party on their own.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: September 17, 2010, 06:32:32 pm »

wat
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: September 17, 2010, 06:41:01 pm »

The way Mr.P has been acting. He hasn't made all that many more posts than Jokerman (One more if I counted correctly), very few had all that much substance, and what meat there was seemed scummy to me.

Also, I suppose now would be the right time to post my thoughts on Jokerman: The scumteam put him up to it. They want a scum-like town (Me) as a scapegoat, so they wanted to move the lynch off of me. Thus, total scum bandwagon to get votes off me and on to him. My self-preservationist wants me to not say it, but my townie wants the scummiest town (Me) gone, so the pros can catch the scum/third party on their own.

This makes no sense.  Hang.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: September 17, 2010, 06:57:04 pm »

...What?

So you say you're town, but the scum want to move votes off of you and onto one of their own, so that they can have you as a scapegoat later?

How the flying fuck does that make sense? Why would scum get rid of scum just so that they can have scum-like townie later? And 2 people does not a "total scum bandwagon" make. There are typically 3 Mafiosos in a game of 13. There are 17 players (at various degrees of "playing") in this game. You do the math.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: September 17, 2010, 07:03:59 pm »

I love how you say what I said makes no sense, and yet you still do what I recommended.  ??? In English: Scum wants Jokerman to take a fall for Scum so they can keep a scummy town player alive to blame when Scum has important member get attacked. Therefore Joker takes fall to keep me alive. Does that make sense? They want to have someone to peg blame on later. Don;t vote for Joker. I'm already poisoning him.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: September 17, 2010, 07:17:59 pm »

I love how you say what I said makes no sense, and yet you still do what I recommended.
What did you recommend, exactly? I didn't catch it.

In English: Scum wants Jokerman to take a fall for Scum so they can keep a scummy town player alive to blame when Scum has important member get attacked. Therefore Joker takes fall to keep me alive. Does that make sense? They want to have someone to peg blame on later. Don;t vote for Joker. I'm already poisoning him.
...I was saying it does not make sense logically (I apparently got what you meant; I wasn't talking about bad language skills). A Mafioso is much more valuable to the Mafia than any townie, whether or not they look like scum. Why should they lead a lynch on their teammate now when they can just lynch you now and if necessary at a later point in time, lynch fellow scum? It would be much easier to join a bandwagon on you (self-proclaimed scummy townie), who has 4 votes, than to start one on someone who only has 2 votes.

Wait. You're "already poisoning him"? Are you partial roleclaiming?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: September 17, 2010, 09:07:58 pm »

Jokerman:  If that's the best you can do, then there's no reason to vote. Throwing out wimpy attacks and promising to do better doesn't help anything.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 43