Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 43

Author Topic: BYOR 5 - Night 3: Under Con-Troll.  (Read 70213 times)

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 5 - Day 1: Lesson In History
« Reply #255 on: September 16, 2010, 03:23:13 am »

What, IronyOwl, nothing to say about how you supported a total WIFOM attack on me?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Scatterbrain

• Bay Watcher
  • 'Oh PLEASE be my prisoner!'
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: September 16, 2010, 04:30:52 am »

much better today, thanks, so i'll get round to this when i get back from school. how many supports do we need for an extension?

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: September 16, 2010, 09:16:58 am »

IronyOwl, jumping on a bandwagon so soon? You come across as scummily eager on this.
I've been his most verbose attacker. What kind of bandwagon attempt is more thorough than the real town's?
Oh, no. You have not been his most verbose attacker (see below). At most, you saw a somewhat valid scummy question and jumped on it as an excuse to an ongoing bandwagon. Eagerly, one may say.

I personally don't think Scatterbrain's question marks him as scum (he may well be, but his question ("when would your role be most useful?") is a noobslip, not a scumtell). And you call his hanging with the banner of none "more thorough than the real town's"? Come on! You are the towniest? That's what scum say.

Unvote Zai. Vote IronyOwl. Either give more justification for the bandwagon than "his noob question was scummy" or hang.

My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

Scatterbrain

• Bay Watcher
  • 'Oh PLEASE be my prisoner!'
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: September 16, 2010, 10:33:10 am »

ok, taking this a quote at a time. talked about the first question i asked (fish-gate, or whatever) a couple of posts ago.

the least i can say for you, toaster, is that i'm glad that there's someone out there that's getting down to the business of scumhunting. that's what i'll put this little bit of aggression down to... for the time being.
Buddying too? REALLY? Also, an empty threat.

way to pick up on the scathing/secptical/sarcy tone there. also, how can you call it an empty threat? how can you possibly make that supposition?

even if this comes very soon after the first vote for me
Who gives a shit? If you're scummy, you're scummy. Don't try and impose some bullshit vote limitation, as it won't work.

well, i give a shit. obviously. oh wait, of course, you need to do that thing when you completely don't tell anyone about your suspicions or about what you see in people that is scummy, mmyeah, totally my bad.

Who are you most wary of and why?
winners of the last game, given their heightened powers.

Who do you want to hear from most?
at the moment, the people who haven't posted yet; hence why i poked you. guess you're off of that list, then.

Do you have any suspicions yet?
not very strong suspicions, but i'm keeping an eye on org. and you, for that matter, you question-dodging scum!

so if you won't answer my original question, would you care to answer those questions you just quoted at me?
You then proceed to explain that you fear powerful individuals, you suspect the guy you just said was acting normal, say Archangel is dodging your question for a third time, and drop your question for a copy of the ones he just asked you.

Yeeeaaaah.

1) got a problem with fearing powered individuals? 2) by this point org had made some suspect posts; besides, i said acting normal for org, which is inherently suspicious anyway 3) so you don't have a problem with question-dodging scum? and 4) already said why i changed my question - because, for whatever reason, he was keeping his mouth shut (before i would've said that this was pretty condemning, but now that i realise the suspect nature of the question, i can see his point... if he had one) and it's better to be able to have some sort of read on a guy rather than nothing at all at this stage at the game.

and no, it was basically just a less run-of-the-mill voteprod. hopefully, something a bit different might catch the scum out.
And how exactly is this question a simple voteprod? What answer are they supposed to give that is both not scummy and not feeding scum information?

like i said, being new to this i wasn't struck by how the question would help scum. and i can't predict what sort of answer a person would give to that question (again, that's the noob in me), so i would judge whether it was scummy or not based on what the actual answer was. which is stating the obvious, but that was the plan, didn't (couldn't) go in there with a predetermined idea of good answer/bad answer, as the concepts of goodness/badness would present themselves upon the question being answered. basically, i jumped in at the deep end; i can see now that it wasn't the best question to do so with.

i stopped asking him the original question because it was becoming plain that i wasn't going to get an answer.
If it's a reasonable question, why is it not scummy to refuse to answer? If it's the sort of question that's perfectly reasonable for town to refuse to answer, why did you ask it?

at the time, i definately implied that it WAS scummy to question dodge. but yeah, i know the nature of the question now, so can understand why he didn't answer. and like i said, didn't occur to me that it wasn't a reasonable question for town to answer. /brokenrecordplayer

and i ain't done with him yet. my vote is still on him, and my questions still stand.
So you still want him to explain his role.

way to take this out of context. i was referring to the set of three questions, not the original, at this point; three questions which had (have) nothing to do with his role.

the least i can say for you, toaster, is that i'm glad that there's someone out there that's getting down to the business of scumhunting. that's what i'll put this little bit of aggression down to... for the time being. even if this comes very soon after the first vote for me (won't you be following up on that vote with some questioning, breadbocks?)
How magnanimous of you to forgive Toaster's unusual aggression as probably scum hunting, for the moment. Particularly gracious given he's the second vote on you, which is terribly suspicious.

ATTN: ALL SCUMHUNTING MUST BE DONE IN THE VOICE OF A TOTAL DOUCHEWAD IN ORDER FOR IT TO EVER WORK AT ALL YUP NO OTHER POSSIBLE WAY TO DO IT MUST BE DONE IN A PREDEFINED VOICE.

honestly, this just really pisses me off. it's not even a valid point! what the fuck, man. seriously :|

You want to know when his role is most useful.  Knowing that, you can decide how soon you need to night kill him.

oh, i thought rolefishing meant trying to suggest to the mod what sort of powers you want when you pick your role. and no, it was basically just a less run-of-the-mill voteprod. hopefully, something a bit different might catch the scum out.

Not buying it.

whyever not?

the least i can say for you, toaster, is that i'm glad that there's someone out there that's getting down to the business of scumhunting. that's what i'll put this little bit of aggression down to... for the time being. even if this comes very soon after the first vote for me (won't you be following up on that vote with some questioning, breadbocks?)

Again, look at your tone of voice?  It went from "ANSWER ME DAMMIT" (good) to "Please answer, if it's not too much trouble?" (scummy).  Then you buddy me and try to get me to back off.  No.

see previous points. tone was supposed to be sarcy/scathing/whatnot. so it's the opposite of buddying, actually.

@Scatterbrain: What, exactly, were you hoping to get from asking when Archangel's role powers would be most useful? Like, what would of been a scummy response and what would of been a townlike response?

covered this back a bit too.

Whoops, that was meant to go at the end of this:
Who are you most wary of and why?
winners of the last game, given their heightened powers.

Who do you want to hear from most?
at the moment, the people who haven't posted yet; hence why i poked you. guess you're off of that list, then.

Do you have any suspicions yet?
not very strong suspicions, but i'm keeping an eye on org. and you, for that matter, you question-dodging scum!

so if you won't answer my original question, would you care to answer those questions you just quoted at me?
That was a question? I thought it was just some random silliness you came up with to put with your vote.

/facepalm

haha, yes, it was a question; though it didn't have a question mark after it. misunderstanding, i guess.

(alternatively, if being a douchebag is the only possible way to play this game, then at this point i lay into him for being an idiot, even though i can reasonably see that i was at fault. derp.)
You asked your question is a silly manner, which lead me to believe that it wasn't serious. And you aren't going after me particularly enthusiastically.
Hmm... I'm a little suspicious of you now.

can accept first bit; but i asked you it like three times, besides taking the trouble to change to a question that would actually get something out of you, so if you're implying that i'm not being enthusiastic about it enough i'd say you're... well, wrong. if anything, you're the one that needs to be pushing more; don't suppose you plan on following up on dem dar suspicions?

---

hopefully i got everything, had loads of tabs open with different quotes in them, so i had bits of responses all over the place, sorry if i missed any. gonna try and make a more pro-active post next, need to marshal my thoughts a bit. also, need more support for an extension yo.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: September 16, 2010, 01:42:45 pm »

Don't think Scatter is scum.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: September 16, 2010, 04:38:04 pm »

Mr.P, I promised it. Even if it is a bit late...

I got this shit. Let's lynch Org. RiA is an exclusive scum move.

Don't worry, Org, everything will work out good for you.
:-\ How would things work out for him if he got KO'd? Odd post, but O.K...

That's wonderful, Org, but you have yet to prove you're not scum.
And neither have you. You made two posts. Both lacked questions. You failed to consider Org's meta of being damn suspicious. You jumped on Org being Orgscum to soon for my tastes. I wanted to keep my eye on you. Since then you have made these posts:

@Breadbocks: You claim I'm acting scummy but don't provide any reason why. Please correct this situation.

@Lonewolf: You claimed I wasn't with the town, right? Yeah, sorry, I'm town-aligned.

@Scatterbrain: What, exactly, were you hoping to get from asking when Archangel's role powers would be most useful? Like, what would of been a scummy response and what would of been a townlike response?

Org... Theory... of Scummitude? Uhhhh... Could you please explain what that is?

You're scum, aren't you.

Vector, this is just being a dick. Please don't do this shit, it's frustrating as hell.
Still no questions other than "Why do you think I'm scum". O.K., you questioned SB a bit about his scumhunting of archangel. NOT helping your position in my eyes. If anything, you condemned yourself more. "Yeah, I'm town-aligned" is very convincing.
I meant accusing a player of something and not explaining to them what your accusation was.

Go ahead and yell at people but at least make sure they know why.
Not too much to say about this. Doesn't help or hurt your position on my "scum" scale.

All-in-all, you level out on "Scum". Or possibly "Cult".
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: September 16, 2010, 04:44:22 pm »

What, IronyOwl, nothing to say about how you supported a total WIFOM attack on me?
Alignment composition last game seemed decidedly nonrandom, and I consider it highly likely that you were feeling pretty hardass after last game. I never said it was reliable, but I felt it bore looking into.

Which was why I asked you the question you never answered, except to attack me over it. Hm.

Oh, no. You have not been his most verbose attacker (see below). At most, you saw a somewhat valid scummy question and jumped on it as an excuse to an ongoing bandwagon. Eagerly, one may say.

Toaster's in the running but still has less raw text, and I feel less content to go along with it. Zai and Lonewolf were the only other people to even mention it. Where's this phantom fellow that makes my attacks irrelevant or flimsy?

I personally don't think Scatterbrain's question marks him as scum (he may well be, but his question ("when would your role be most useful?") is a noobslip, not a scumtell).
So I'm scum for attacking someone who might be scum, because you feel the specific slip they made is noobtown and not noobscum. What do I do when he makes nothing but noob comments all game?

And you call his hanging with the banner of none "more thorough than the real town's"? Come on! You are the towniest? That's what scum say.
I feel I'm the towniest attack on Scatterbrain, yes. Would you like to point out where that's wrong, or is immodesty a scumtell now?

Unvote Zai. Vote IronyOwl. Either give more justification for the bandwagon than "his noob question was scummy" or hang.
I ain't backing off because two other people were there first. Scum is scum; you don't like the bandwagon, find a better one.

1) got a problem with fearing powered individuals?
Not if they're scum. But since they're got better odds of being town, why are you scared of them?

2) by this point org had made some suspect posts; besides, i said acting normal for org, which is inherently suspicious anyway
No he hadn't. There were 0 Org posts between when you said Org was normal and you said you suspected Org. If Normal Org was Suspicious Org, why didn't you mention it when you said he was normal?

3) so you don't have a problem with question-dodging scum?
4) already said why i changed my question - because, for whatever reason, he was keeping his mouth shut (before i would've said that this was pretty condemning, but now that i realise the suspect nature of the question, i can see his point... if he had one) and it's better to be able to have some sort of read on a guy rather than nothing at all at this stage at the game.
Alright, fair enough. I read "question-dodging scum" in a more joking tone for some reason.

and no, it was basically just a less run-of-the-mill voteprod. hopefully, something a bit different might catch the scum out.
And how exactly is this question a simple voteprod? What answer are they supposed to give that is both not scummy and not feeding scum information?
like i said, being new to this i wasn't struck by how the question would help scum.
Nightkills are a pretty standard part of the game. You honestly didn't realize knowing what everyone's powers did would give scum an easier time choosing targets?

How magnanimous of you to forgive Toaster's unusual aggression as probably scum hunting, for the moment. Particularly gracious given he's the second vote on you, which is terribly suspicious.

ATTN: ALL SCUMHUNTING MUST BE DONE IN THE VOICE OF A TOTAL DOUCHEWAD IN ORDER FOR IT TO EVER WORK AT ALL YUP NO OTHER POSSIBLE WAY TO DO IT MUST BE DONE IN A PREDEFINED VOICE.

honestly, this just really pisses me off. it's not even a valid point! what the fuck, man. seriously :|
The issue is not that you didn't say it like an asshole, the issue is that you condescendingly said you were "putting Toaster's behavior down as scumhunting for now," despite his vote coming "very" soon after the first person to vote you. You're trying to imply his attack wasn't reasonable and might be bandwagoning, but that you'll be so kind as to assume his unusual behavior is just scumhunting. Assuming he stops attacking you and behaves townlike again, of course.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: September 16, 2010, 06:13:14 pm »

Also, I SUPPORT EXTENSION.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: September 16, 2010, 06:43:22 pm »

That's wonderful, Org, but you have yet to prove you're not scum.
And neither have you. You made two posts. Both lacked questions. You failed to consider Org's meta of being damn suspicious. You jumped on Org being Orgscum to soon for my tastes. I wanted to keep my eye on you. Since then you have made these posts:

Sorry, but meta is not enough to excuse a player for doing scummy actions. If I just let Org go, it would send him a message that it's ok to be scummy. Well, fuck that shit. Scummy Org gets attack'd. That's how it goes. If you think that it's ok to let scummy actions go for.. well, pretty much any reason, you're more than a bit naive.

Hmm... I realize now that perhaps I should of worded that post more like this:
Quote from: Mr.Person
That's wonderful, Org, but you have yet to prove to me you're not scum.

All I was and still am looking for is a reasonable, well-thought out attack on another player. This doesn't have to be long or complicated or anything, I just want Org to explain why he's voting Vector.

But ok, you know what. Let's start over. Completely.
Org, why are you voting Vector?

@Breadbocks: You claim I'm acting scummy but don't provide any reason why. Please correct this situation.

@Lonewolf: You claimed I wasn't with the town, right? Yeah, sorry, I'm town-aligned.

Org... Theory... of Scummitude? Uhhhh... Could you please explain what that is?

You're scum, aren't you.

Vector, this is just being a dick. Please don't do this shit, it's frustrating as hell.
Still no questions other than "Why do you think I'm scum". O.K., you questioned SB a bit about his scumhunting of archangel. NOT helping your position in my eyes. If anything, you condemned yourself more. "Yeah, I'm town-aligned" is very convincing.

You do realize that when I responded to Lonewolf, I was pretty much responding to his RVS question, right? I missed it in all the mess since a buttload of posts appeared after I read it, so I forgot about it. So what exactly condemned me, then?

@Scatterbrain: If you could be so nice, either find and requote where you covered what you were looking to find or just retype it.

IronyOwl, jumping on a bandwagon so soon? You come across as scummily eager on this.
I've been his most verbose attacker. What kind of bandwagon attempt is more thorough than the real town's?

I personally don't think Scatterbrain's question marks him as scum (he may well be, but his question ("when would your role be most useful?") is a noobslip, not a scumtell). And you call his hanging with the banner of none "more thorough than the real town's"? Come on! You are the towniest? That's what scum say.

Wait, you're attacking IronyOwl... for attacking Scatterbrain for rolefishing? Wouldn't town-IronyOwl be doing the exact same thing here as scum-IronyOwl?
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: September 16, 2010, 06:54:04 pm »

Breadbocks, why are you protecting Org?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: September 16, 2010, 07:11:38 pm »

Did I not unvote?
Huh. Weird. Unvote  vector.
The buddying Breadblocks is doing is eh. Id rather not have it but whatever.
Erm, how is my meta "damn suspicious"? Does that even make sense?
All in all, buddying, using meta, bluh bluh huge Breadlocks

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: September 16, 2010, 07:37:37 pm »

the least i can say for you, toaster, is that i'm glad that there's someone out there that's getting down to the business of scumhunting. that's what i'll put this little bit of aggression down to... for the time being.
Buddying too? REALLY? Also, an empty threat.

way to pick up on the scathing/secptical/sarcy tone there.
Then fucking indicate it if you're using sarcasm. That was completely undetectable. If you don't, then it just looks like you're retconning a bad situation. Especially when you follow it with "that's what i'll put this little bit of aggression down to," which makes it look completely fucking serious.

also, how can you call it an empty threat? how can you possibly make that supposition?
Because you said "That's what I'll put this little bit of aggression down to... for the time being." That implies that you will eventually vote him if he doesn't stop attacking you. While it may not be an empty threat, you're effectively saying in advance that you will OMGUS him if he doesn't pick on someone else.

1) "SB" is an acronym reserved for SirBayer. If Scatterbrained sticks around for a while, this might change.
2) What Scatter did was not scumhunting.
3) His first "question" was telling you to provide evidence.

All-in-all, you level out on "Scum". Or possibly "Cult".
Which is why your vote was not and is not on him. Of course. It all makes sense! Except not really. What makes Scumbrained so much worse than someone who "levels out on" scum or cult?

You are either a complete dolt or scum.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Lonewolf I

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: September 16, 2010, 07:45:01 pm »

I take a break from mafia for a day, and come back to about six pages to analyze...  Ima have to reread the thread just to make sense of it all. You guys are seriously cutting in to my WoW time. :-P

More seriously...

Wuba - Does the day still end at 9:00 today, or did the extension go through?  Also, Votecount.

If it does, I might not finish my reread in time.  If you have terribly important questions for me, ask them now.  I'll check back every few minutes while I'm writing.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: September 16, 2010, 07:50:00 pm »

I take a break from mafia for a day, and come back to about six pages to analyze...  Ima have to reread the thread just to make sense of it all. You guys are seriously cutting in to my WoW time. :-P

More seriously...

Wuba - Does the day still end at 9:00 today, or did the extension go through?  Also, Votecount.

If it does, I might not finish my reread in time.  If you have terribly important questions for me, ask them now.  I'll check back every few minutes while I'm writing.
Yes. Extensions always go through if there's more for than against.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: September 16, 2010, 07:51:03 pm »

Okay my current suspicions list is Mr.Person, Breadlocks, and Org.

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 43