Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10

Author Topic: Space RTD - Titan  (Read 10673 times)

Immortal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space RTD - Titan - HyperSpace!
« Reply #75 on: September 14, 2010, 10:14:26 pm »

I nod to USEC, happy to see that his stealth unit is working, and talk with everyone else. Eventually a plan is settled upon, and I leave the room to get ready for the run. Since Sneevil wasn't at the meeting, I head up to the cockpit to get him caught up on matters.
You travel up to see Sneevil in the cockpit, you find him dozing off in his comfy pilot's chair. After waking him you talk over the plans to get past the asteroid field and the check-point. Sneevil warms that the asteroids would have to be piloted by hand due to the navigation computer not being able to track that many asteroid movements.
"Since we should avoid the asteroids we mine as-well just avoid the check-point while we are at it?" Sneevil suggests as an after-thought.
"Sounds good to me."
"Alright I'll prep the systems." Sneevil turns back to his console and begins the undocking procedure. You join him in his co-pilot chair to assist.

Head down to the engine and try to prepare everything to run at full capacity.
( 7 - Decent) You check out the new reactor cores, which appear good. After a check of all propulsion systems you conclude that all systems are good to go. You call Sneevil in cockpit to let him know its good to go. He thanks you as he informs you hes ready to go. After a few minutes pass the engines begin to fire and the core starts to heat up like normal as it produces a nuclear reaction inside it. The radiation containment field hold perfect at 100%.

Ask the guy with the stealth device to somehow adapt it to stealth the box
You find USEC in the main room moving the crate into the back with Ochita.
"Hey USEC, you got that Stealth unit from the station right?"
"Yea..?" USEC gives a curious look as him and Ochita stop pushing the crate and listen.
"Think you could expand its field to cover the box?"
"Yea me and Ochita will give it a shot."
You travel back to the berths and climb into your rack, you call Sneevil who gives you an update on undocking.
"All good captain were pulling away now."
"Alright lemme know when we drop out of warp, you and Serious can handle the flight plan. Ill worry about the box". Which you handed off to USEC and Ochita.

Offer to upgrade peoples weapons, they will just owe me a favor (Nothing too big.)
As the group breaks from the mess table you ask if anyone wants a hand with their weapons, they all decline but USEC mentions he could use a hand with hiding the crate. As you and USEC push the crate into the cargo hold Jetsquirrel walks in.
"Yea..?" USEC gives a curious look.
You stop pushing the crate and listen with USEC
"Think you could expand its field to cover the box?" Jet asks.
With that you and USEC begin working on the Stealth unit.
( 6 - Meh) You give it a shot. The field cloaks it to the eye, but the edges of the crate un-focus the light anytime you look at it while moving.

Listen to Serious's plan. then inform him that the asteroid field will interfere with equipment and that we could probably pass the station in a large arc so that we are quite a bit away. it could work and make it easier to smuggle past it.Start undocking and line up the ship with the coords
You awake to Serious sitting beside you in the co-pilot chair. After some speaking you mention how the ships navigation computer won't work with the asteroid field and it would be best to go around.
"Since we should avoid the asteroids we mine as-well just avoid the check-point while we are at it?"
"Sounds good to me," Serious agrees.
"Alright I'll prep the systems." You talk Serious through the procedure as you prepare the ship for undocking procedure.
Beep, Beep.
The intercom comes online and Flintus's voice comes through, "Hey Sneevil, just letting you know its all green down here."
"Alright thanks, just undocking now." You flip the intercom off as you begin.
Serious calls the station and they give you the light. You fire the impulse drives as you pull away from the station.

Help Jetsquirrel to adapt the stealth device to stealth the box.
As you and Ochita push the crate into the cargo hold Jetsquirrel walks in.
"Yea..?" You shoot the captain a curious look as you stop pushing the crate.
"Think you could expand its field to cover the box?" Jet asks.
With that Ochita and you begin working on the Stealth unit.
Ochita tries first and gets it to expand but the field doesnt hold well being so large on the edges.
( 9 - Good enough) After some tweaking during flight you manage to get the corners perfected, that's after you tie in a E.M.P emitter which you manage to re-purpose from the scrap bought back on station.

~Story~
On the only lit up side of the Epson military depot a single ship radios the station.
"Echo-Prime-Sierra-Oscar-Nova, this is Tango-Indigo-Tango-Alpha-Nova. We are requesting clamping release." Calls the small ship.
"That's affirmative Titan, wait for green light." Responds.
The controller of the station looks to his console and flips a few switches in descending order and green lights light up beside them. As he gets to the last he flips up the red covering and hits the switch.
Like a tiny raindrop in an ocean the small ship is released from the magnetic docking clamps,
a small green light shines above their docking port.
"Free to fly Titan." A single lone transmission goes across the radio.
The ships impulse drives give off a blue hue as they begin to propel the ship and station apart.
More blue hues appear as the ship points itself into the void.
A green crack spiders in the black landscape, the ship blasts its drives and hurtles itself into the hyperspace window.

~Players~
Spoiler: Jetsquirrel, Captain (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sneevil, Pilot (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: USEC, Weaponry Expert (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Serious, Liaison (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Flintus, Mechanic (click to show/hide)
~Ship~
Spoiler: Titan (click to show/hide)

~Almost didn't update, might not get one tomorrow. Thursday for sure if I'm not tired after paintball. Hope you guys like it, I liked writing the story bit (:

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
Re: Space RTD - Titan
« Reply #76 on: September 14, 2010, 11:40:23 pm »

BLAST OFFF!!! woo!

Give a holo display to the engineer,myself,pilot and weapon department

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 15, 2010, 01:35:04 am »

(Have fun at paintball. ^^)

I'll concentrate exclusively on piloting. I may not be even a third as skilled as Sneevil, but I can still help out here and there and take orders.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 15, 2010, 01:43:37 am »

Go to my quarters and pull out "Shield making for dummys"
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Sneevil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 15, 2010, 12:28:25 pm »

jump to the asteroid field. take a quick scan for surroundings  once we get there.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 15, 2010, 04:34:51 pm »

Keep an eye out for anything. Else, simply sit and wait.

Immortal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 15, 2010, 09:34:00 pm »

Give a holo display to the engineer,myself,pilot and weapon department
You climb out of your bunk and travel around handing the holo displays to each area of the ship. The displays just sit there in the different compartments.

I'll concentrate exclusively on piloting. I may not be even a third as skilled as Sneevil, but I can still help out here and there and take orders.
You manage to figure out how to do a few things, close doors and vent atmosphere, along with increase power to shield. Sneevil also warns you what buttons not to push. As you arrive at the destination Sneevil asks you to lower the shields.

Go to my quarters and pull out "Shield making for dummys"
( InstaFail! )You would except you don't have that..

jump to the asteroid field. take a quick scan for surroundings  once we get there.
( You don't use up your +1) You make it there safely. As you drop from warp the shields dissipate. The ship comes to a dead stop, a quick scan reveals your in the right place, with lots of asteroids in front of you. You will need to wait some time before another large jump.

Keep an eye out for anything. Else, simply sit and wait.
You spend the trip watching the hyperspace shield effect and examine your surroundings from your port side rail gun. As you drop from warp a quick look around reveals nothing but the correct location full of asteroids.

Flintus sleeps so +1 to his next turn. Or basically he will just do it well.

Story
Through the void between solar systems a single ship travels. The crew peers out the windows as they watch the shields take micro-particle hits. The shields give off a green glow as they are impacted repeatedly, the shields beckon to a St Elmo's fire effect. Inside some sleep while others watch or wait. It drops from warp with a crack of green lightning as the hyperspace window spiders across the expanse. The tiny ship sits silent in front of a large asteroid field as its engines and shields cool down. Three men peer out into space from various windows, the yellow glow of light emanating from each view. Silence for now.

~Players~
Spoiler: Jetsquirrel, Captain (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sneevil, Pilot (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: USEC, Weaponry Expert (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Serious, Liaison (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Flintus, Mechanic (click to show/hide)
~Ship~
Spoiler: Titan (click to show/hide)

~You guys have one turn to do something while the ship cools down then the next one will be traveling if you guys wish to travel more.
~I'm sure you guys have found that the rolls are disappearing, this is becoming more an RPG then a RTD. I only really use dice when there is a possibility for different outcomes. Like what happens if you roll a 1 leaving hyperspace haha, kaboom. Anyways the rolls will still be used whenever attempting to accomplish something, fighting, hiding, fixing, dodging, working, looking for things etc etc.. I will just make a call on when to either pass the accomplishment or roll because its possible to screw up or have fun come from it. Until next time!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 15, 2010, 11:24:16 pm »

(Makes sense to me.)

I'll lower the shields, as requested, then go find Ochita and ask him if he's able to optimize my weapons.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 16, 2010, 01:03:23 am »

Lower the shields?!? are you insane? its the only thing that parts us from a defended ships with a ship full of asteroid holes.
Because i studied astrology , i try to find the best possible way to cross that asteroid field with gunfire if neccesary

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 16, 2010, 01:37:29 am »

Set up a area for building and repairing guns.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Sneevil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 16, 2010, 12:45:18 pm »

We are cooling off you know the engine suddenly falling dead on us is the last thing i want to happen.
keep vigilant .try to dodge any incoming asteroids while not using too much power

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 16, 2010, 03:02:33 pm »

Help Ochita. My experience will come in handy.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 16, 2010, 07:34:59 pm »

Get the holodisplay before finding somewhere to practice with my energy blade.

Immortal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 17, 2010, 10:13:38 pm »

Sorry serious, guess I wasn't clear it meant lower the shields compared to the amount it was at during the jump, they were lowered in the story.

Oh and clarify what the holodisplays are, like computer console display or small pocket ones?

Anyways Ill update tommorow, been busy.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 18, 2010, 01:00:20 am »

they are small pocket ones which you can attack to your wrist thing and create a small holographic version of you which can talk with some other guy. But he sees your holographic guy and you see his/her
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10