Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 25

Author Topic: Masters of magic.  (Read 28929 times)

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Masters of magic.
« Reply #60 on: August 29, 2010, 08:37:21 pm »

This is totally hilarious, I collapsed in laughter during the spinning part, although the section definition was kinda a letdown. Lets hope you guys are even more hilarious in the future!
Oh don't worry about that! You all know what amounts to a single school of magic... and the others will force you to basically start learning from scratch. Bwahahahaha!!!
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 29, 2010, 08:38:52 pm »

bla bla bla great Academy: The one and only school of magic in the world!
False advertising?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 29, 2010, 08:39:51 pm »

Oh, and just because I want people to collapse the academy (I have this evil feeling); nil|tav(ols)|ta allows you to obliterate certain objects.
Sounds quite useful, thanks for sharing. I shall remember it for the future.

This is totally hilarious, I collapsed in laughter during the spinning part, although the section definition was kinda a letdown. Lets hope you guys are even more hilarious in the future!
Oh don't worry about that! You all know what amounts to a single school of magic... and the others will force you to basically start learning from scratch. Bwahahahaha!!!
Excellent. I certainly wouldn't want the fun puzzle-solving to be over before turn 6.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 29, 2010, 08:45:20 pm »

False advertising?
Secretive wizards, warlocks, witches, sorcerers, sorceress', táltos, shaman, Coachmen(, ect.), probably.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 29, 2010, 08:46:56 pm »

False advertising?
Two different meanings of the word school. It's the only organized institution that teaches magic. But there are many ways of casting spells that they don't teach, or even know about.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 29, 2010, 10:01:45 pm »

"Gentlemen, I have a proposition for you all. Consider that, in due time, through research and deduction, each of us will eventually gain understanding of all possible spells. Consider that, in order to all gain the same understanding, we will all have to spend time testing out the same spells. Unless one of you has found a spell that grants eternal youth or turns back time, I'd say time is a something which none of us can afford to waste. Therefore I believe it is in all of our best interests to collaborate. If we share our spell knowledge and inform each other about what we plan to research, we can split the work between us and all gain much in a short amount of time."

Now, then, these are the spells I know so far:
Spoiler: Spells (click to show/hide)
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 29, 2010, 10:13:39 pm »

Shh, not so loud. The others will hear us. I'm not sure what the final exam is, but I'm pretty sure that we don't want them knowing what we know.

techno65535

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 29, 2010, 10:27:36 pm »

Can I get on the waiting list?
... while being chased by axe-welding cats in the dark.
Scratch that, throwing-axe-wielding cats in the dark.
They're cute but my god that's terrifying.
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 29, 2010, 10:37:26 pm »

"Ah, perhaps the seven of us should find someplace more private in which to converse."
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 10:25:58 pm by Kadzar »
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 29, 2010, 10:39:19 pm »

"Who wants to go out and rule the world?"
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 29, 2010, 10:41:05 pm »

Sure. I'll need to add that to the OP soon...

Also, feel free to keep giving away your spells. I have no objections to having an excuse to make your enemies stronger!

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 29, 2010, 10:50:40 pm »

External enemies? Does this mean our greatest enemies wont be magic and ourselves? *The sigh.* I guess that makes sense if we aren't trying to kill each other.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 29, 2010, 11:56:19 pm »

Sure. I'll need to add that to the OP soon...

Also, feel free to keep giving away your spells. I have no objections to having an excuse to make your enemies stronger!
Please do. I was beginning to fear there would be no challenge in this game. In fact, if you could somehow limit our magic, I would appreciate that. As it is now, we can access a wide variety of arcane powers simply from knowledge gained through deduction and trial-and-error.
Glory to Arstotzka!

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 30, 2010, 12:20:19 am »

I'm not going to limit the spells you can cast. The thing is, you aren't the only mages in the world, and the others have access to the exact same spells you do, and for a while will know how to use them better. Your only real limitation is that magic is TIRING to use much. And your current magic has no way to get around that.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 30, 2010, 01:31:54 am »

wernt you going to OM what the spells we have do?
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 25