Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 413 414 [415] 416 417 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2091861 times)

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #6210 on: October 16, 2014, 04:29:36 pm »

Actually the game does not care about how rich or poor a county or title is. All it cares about it is which title is your primary title, the rank of a title, and whether or not some of the titles you own are de jure vassals and/or de jure capitals of others.

So if you have 2 sons, 2 duchies, and 2 counties (a county in each duchy) and your rich as fuck capital is NOT the de jure vassal of your main title, then your son will inherit you main title and it's county, while your second son will inherit the second duchy and your former capital.
:/  Ive definitely played about with building up a few counties to test out how the inheritance works.  Ive been the Duke of one county and had all the land from it given to other sons while I ve kept my original capital.  Ive even neglected to create my original duchy to test this.

You sure it isnt how built u these counties are?
100% sure, there was a thread on the pdox forums which figured it out to the very last detail. Not sure if I can find it again...

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6211 on: October 16, 2014, 04:34:09 pm »

Unless they changed it in the last patch, it's on ckiiwiki:

http://www.ckiiwiki.com/Gavelkind
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6212 on: October 16, 2014, 05:56:18 pm »

:o

The game favours giving the most powerful (in terms of levy strength) titles to older children, all other factors being equal. The capital county of an independent nation has a +50% levy strength bonus, making it most likely to go to the eldest.

That makes sense and can be exploited.  At least, in the runs where I was gravekind I was usually planning on how to dump it in 2-3 generations via catholicness or reforming paganism.  Definitely exploitable.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 05:58:25 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

gigaraptor487

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Lunatic now civilised
    • View Profile
« Reply #6213 on: October 16, 2014, 06:02:23 pm »

I just got CK2 in a magazine and so far I like it and want to try out some of the DLCs.

Which DLCs are the best (out of the expansions, not the sprite packs and the like)?
Hehe, you thought there would be an interesting sig here

I now run a program which brings old multiplayer games back to life : click

Nick K

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6214 on: October 16, 2014, 06:31:08 pm »

The main benefit of most DLCs is that they let you play as a new religion or government type. For example, India is in your game even with no DLCs, but you need the expansion to play as a Hindu, Jain or Buddhist character, otherwise you'd get a Game Over if you end up playing one.

So, pick whichever one interests you to play as and get that DLC. I found Republics and Norse to be the most fun.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6215 on: October 16, 2014, 07:09:51 pm »

Let's see...

Ruler Designer lets you custom-design the ruler you want to start with at the beginning of the game, although fair warning: You lose all the alliances that the original character would have had, and you can't use Ruler Designer in Ironman mode (which is the only way to get achievements). It's also not absurdly cheaty, because if you pile up the negative traits to take a lot of positive traits, first you'll be hated for all the negative traits (I once did that to such a degree that the entire kingdom I started in rose up and overthrew me in the first couple years), and second that ruler will eventually die.

Sword of Islam basically just allows you to play Muslim rulers. They have different mechanics than Christian rulers, but despite buying the DLC I still haven't played them myself. Whether this is worth it depends on whether you want to play muslims or not (or whether you just want to get all the DLC when it's on sale or whatever).

Legacy of Rome adds retinues (useful no matter who you play), and the ability to restore the roman empire and mend the great schism (between catholicism and orthodox christianity), and some decisions and events and stuff if you're playing the Byzantines. I'd say this is worth it.

The Republic makes merchant republics playable. They're fairly interesting. You play as the head of a merchant family. The families run for election for leadership of the republic, and even if you lose the election (unlike a regular nation), you don't lose the game, since you still have your family holdings.

The Old Gods lets you start at 867, makes pagans and zoroastrians playable, and gives revolts leaders. Definitely good.

Sons of Abraham, Rajas of India, and Charlemagne are ones that I don't have, so perhaps someone who does have them can

There's also Sunset Invasion in case you want to see Western Europe invaded by the Aztecs.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6216 on: October 16, 2014, 07:20:10 pm »

Theres a mod that lets you not ruler-design a half-crippled genius man and instead make a superawesome genius guy, but thats more for fun that for anything else.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6217 on: October 16, 2014, 07:25:55 pm »

The way it's set up, only the host needs to have all the DLC, too, although I assume you still need a particular DLC if you want to play something that DLC unlocks.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6218 on: October 16, 2014, 07:47:50 pm »

Is it me or are rivers no longer navigable? Even rivers through provinces I own as a germanic character. What am I doing wrong?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6219 on: October 16, 2014, 08:01:15 pm »

I thought it was the Norse who navigated rivers, not the germanics?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6220 on: October 16, 2014, 08:53:29 pm »

Norse religion is renamed to Germanic now.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6221 on: October 16, 2014, 08:54:45 pm »

Probably related, what the hell...  The wiki has replaced "Norse" religion with "Germanic".  Is that true in-game too?  How bizarre.
Oh, ninja'd.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6222 on: October 16, 2014, 08:55:42 pm »

Speaking of, Sigurdr Ring is fuckin' badass. Guy can unite Sweden, take back Saxony in the name of Odin and reform the faith all in a lifetime. He could probably do more with a bit of luck/skill.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #6223 on: October 16, 2014, 09:07:37 pm »

Probably related, what the hell...  The wiki has replaced "Norse" religion with "Germanic".  Is that true in-game too?  How bizarre.
Oh, ninja'd.

Norse is a subset of Germanic.  They managed to overcome their viking fanboyism just briefly to show some love to people born outside Scandinavia.

Fun new cheese situation is starting as the greek tribal chief in the Charlemange scenario.  It's pretty doable if you borrow money to hire mercs and get enough prestige to war nonstop with tribal armies.

Speaking of, Sigurdr Ring is fuckin' badass. Guy can unite Sweden, take back Saxony in the name of Odin and reform the faith all in a lifetime. He could probably do more with a bit of luck/skill.

Tribals just blob like crazy in general.  Once you have 500 prestige the world is your oyster.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6224 on: October 16, 2014, 09:14:57 pm »

I'd put it up to Paradox bugginess then, since I haven't tried a new game yet since the patch.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 413 414 [415] 416 417 ... 1002