Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 412 413 [414] 415 416 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2091860 times)

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #6195 on: October 16, 2014, 02:21:17 pm »

Well, I am throwing in the broken part to the complete gavelkind package... 

Reckon it is a problem that never occurred before since typically only 1 place of equal level had de jure claim over a province.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6196 on: October 16, 2014, 02:25:26 pm »

Gavelkind, noone ever plays it.  Now players are stuck in gavelkind past the first generation.  Actually worse then everyone thought it was. (And broken too, putting into existence premade de jure duchies/kingdoms that cost more then the freeform duchies/kingdoms, for free.  Also, the premades have de jure claims, while the freeforms do not.)

I've been checking out the CK2 forums.
Gravelkin's not as terrible as it seems at first glance.  Sure its annoying, and you can negotiate who will get what, but if you can incite rebellion and use your sweet, sweet inheritance to buy mercs or be lucky enough to crush them without it you can take it all back, with interest.

Soo, I dont have time to play, but really excited to see it.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6197 on: October 16, 2014, 02:26:42 pm »

This gavelkind complainitude reminds me what happened when the old gods came out.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6198 on: October 16, 2014, 02:28:58 pm »

I'm not even sure what's being complained about.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6199 on: October 16, 2014, 02:30:02 pm »

I spend a whole lifetime upgrading my main tribal holding and when I die I lose all the progress I made and get stuck with the worst province in my kingdom while my other son gets what should be my capital duchy. I don't mind my kingdom being broken up among my sons, but the way it's being split up now is just plain stupid.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6200 on: October 16, 2014, 02:33:45 pm »

It'd be better if you could designate which heir gets what, like what most kings who split their kingdom did.

Just make it so you can only give your main heir 2 or 3x as good provinces as your second heir and third heir, so you can't just load your main guy with all the best provinces.

Edit: Better yet, be able to designate provinces/duchies/kingdoms as the "Central Kingdom."* So they *have* to go to your main guy. Then add whatever is left for your main guy and the game autos the rest for your other heirs...?

*Also have the "Heir Apparent" kingdom, like "Prince of Wales" style holding?
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 02:35:52 pm by Descan »
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #6201 on: October 16, 2014, 02:39:04 pm »

De jure capitals are already exactly that. You can find out what they are by making the game focus on a title and see if it brings the screen to the same location as focusing on the county which you think is the capital (yeah it really needs a better system >.>).

I remember a thread on the pdox forums which explained Gavelking succession. It's actually fairly logical.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6202 on: October 16, 2014, 02:39:46 pm »

I don't mind how it worked before, but with the new titular kingdoms it seems pretty random who gets what. It's almost like Paradox didn't even bother testing their new system.   :-\

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6203 on: October 16, 2014, 02:40:51 pm »

I spend a whole lifetime upgrading my main tribal holding and when I die I lose all the progress I made and get stuck with the worst province in my kingdom while my other son gets what should be my capital duchy. I don't mind my kingdom being broken up among my sons, but the way it's being split up now is just plain stupid.
From my experience without the update it doesnt go by any 'worst' title.  Your heir gets your highest title, and assuming you dont have two of them, the game starts handing out 'equal power' realms out, with the margin of error always going to the second in line or the ones higher in line.

So you have three baddass sites, and a duchy (for simplicity), and good sites without upgrades, and 3 nasty poor sites.

The game gives you the duchy, which is worth some percentage of all the land in it.  Once you reach that threshold, then you can inherit other landed titles, but otherwise you only get the duchy and the poorest title (because you have to hold land).  The game will error to every other character before the first heir in terms of giving extra to, and place heirs 2- x before your main heir.  Give your other sons land, or take them to battle, or send them off to die in other ways (spymaster) (chaplain).

The game can be manipulated into letting you keep more of the good land by giving out your land carefully, and it helps to try to stick the sons into awkward spots (like having everyone in their court hate them or giving them the wrong types of governments to watch over), but it does also strengthen your top three heirs specifically.

I wish you could plot on their lives . . .
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 02:43:05 pm by pisskop »
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #6204 on: October 16, 2014, 02:52:19 pm »

Actually the game does not care about how rich or poor a county or title is. All it cares about it is which title is your primary title, the rank of a title, and whether or not some of the titles you own are de jure vassals and/or de jure capitals of others.

So if you have 2 sons, 2 duchies, and 2 counties (a county in each duchy) and your rich as fuck capital is NOT the de jure vassal of your main title, then your son will inherit you main title and it's county, while your second son will inherit the second duchy and your former capital.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6205 on: October 16, 2014, 02:58:06 pm »

Actually the game does not care about how rich or poor a county or title is. All it cares about it is which title is your primary title, the rank of a title, and whether or not some of the titles you own are de jure vassals and/or de jure capitals of others.

So if you have 2 sons, 2 duchies, and 2 counties (a county in each duchy) and your rich as fuck capital is NOT the de jure vassal of your main title, then your son will inherit you main title and it's county, while your second son will inherit the second duchy and your former capital.
:/  Ive definitely played about with building up a few counties to test out how the inheritance works.  Ive been the Duke of one county and had all the land from it given to other sons while I ve kept my original capital.  Ive even neglected to create my original duchy to test this.

You sure it isnt how built u these counties are?
PKs DF Mod!

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6206 on: October 16, 2014, 02:59:02 pm »

It's always wise to give Paradox games (and DLC ) a few patches worth of berth before you get invested.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6207 on: October 16, 2014, 03:07:52 pm »

Started a game in 769 as King of Pictland, which is set up in a weird way. You're the king, but your only real vassal (the High Chief of Fortriu) controls most of the kingdom, other than Fib/Fife. Which, of course, means you're looking at a rebellion within months. Thankfully, some strategic marriages to Mercia and Kent gave me the allied troops to whomp up on said High Chief and start transferring away his vassals each time he rebels and loses. Then brought Dal Riada back into the Pictish fold, and eliminated the Welsh petty kingdom in Strathclyde.

Combine that with frequent unrest in Northumbria, and I'm well on my way to extending Pictland all the way down to Hadrian's Wall. As long as the Vikings don't decide to make my life a living hell, which if history is any guide, they will.

I was a bit disappointed to find the Picts already converted to Catholicism, but that is apparently historically accurate. Various saints had converted most of them in the 500s and 600s.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #6208 on: October 16, 2014, 03:33:08 pm »

I was a bit disappointed to find the Picts already converted to Catholicism, but that is apparently historically accurate. Various saints had converted most of them in the 500s and 600s.

I was more disappointed about the southern tip of Greece not adhering to Greco-Roman paganism, but Paradox is never super accurate with that stuff anyways so I shouldn't be surprised.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6209 on: October 16, 2014, 03:37:07 pm »

It's always wise to give Paradox games (and DLC ) a few patches worth of berth before you get invested.

Yeah, but it was working just fine when they snuck* this patch out and broke stuff even if you don't buy the DLC.

* It snuck up on me anyways. I was vaguely aware they were working on a new DLC, but had no idea when it was coming out or what it was going to include.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive
Pages: 1 ... 412 413 [414] 415 416 ... 1002