Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 411 412 [413] 414 415 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2091865 times)

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #6180 on: October 14, 2014, 01:29:44 pm »

The vassal limit messed up my old save as the Byzantine emperor.  That game was long in the tooth anyway though.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #6181 on: October 14, 2014, 01:37:32 pm »

I went looking for christian tribals in 1066 but couldn't find any, so eventually I consoled a Letigallian guy to catholic and started playing as him. Then I noticed like 75% of all the Russians right next to be were tribal too. Oh well. If anyone wants to try the new tribal stuff, that's where you need to go :D
Love, scriver~

StupidElves

• Bay Watcher
  • I coveted that wind, I suppose.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6182 on: October 14, 2014, 02:52:08 pm »

Has anyone attempted to play CKII with all the DLC, then upload that save up to EUIV? I'm curious to know how the Americas change with the addition of that one Aztec DLC.
Accidentally made over 5000 copper maces once. I have no idea how that happened.

GENERATION 29:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6183 on: October 14, 2014, 02:54:06 pm »

Playing as the new tribals. Half my realm goes into an independance war.

Have ambition for being king, have enough land and money to become king.

Publically declare "I'M THE GODDAMN KING!" before I answer the request for independance.

Summon 5000 troops with the resulting prestige.

prestige4life
lern2respect scrub

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6184 on: October 14, 2014, 03:42:54 pm »

Actually, it gives all the North and South American minors "High American" tech, which is equal to Western.
Plus, it makes the Aztecs and Incas into Empires, and the other Native American groups into various depotic monarchies, and  two republics (Iroquois and Maya) and a theocracy (Cherokee). Also, most of North America is already "settled" by these advanced minors, leaving very little room to colonize.

End result is that Europe is going to wind up colonizing Africa and eastern South America and possibly eastern Canada. The AI doesn't seem to have the Aztecs trying to continue their European conquest, and they usually do a failtastic job with any gains they may have made in Europe in CK2. Usually losing them to ethnic revolts, because their magical obsidian navy has vanished and they can't send troops to quell those Norwegians who don't want their hearts cut out as offerings any more....

Oh, and religion groups are changed to Totemist, Aztec and Inca. Only the Maya get "Shamanist" and all its associated penalties.

EDIT: Interestingly enough, this is all still compatible with "Conquest of Paradise" and the randomized New World option.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 03:53:21 pm by RedKing »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #6185 on: October 14, 2014, 04:44:15 pm »

Playing as the count of Pskov. Under my brother the duke of Novgorod (not really but his capital is novgorod anyway).

He plays really well and conquer stuff fast, aquiring like four counties. I take two with great difficulty.
Then he screws up and things went to shit. I save his ass and we win the two defensive wars (but lose the offensive one). I'm unfortunately in debt and get tons of bandit. Peasant rebellion. Shit. He's winning his war tho. *DINGINLING JACKPOT* Oh? What's that? You ded? With me as your primary heir? Well I'm the duke now, make way. *kill the nephew and bring back the three counties into the fold* *win the wars* *conquer moskva* *manage to get the not-slow son heir*

Now I wait for enough gold to crown myself king of Rus. Or I wait less time and create a custom kingdom. I dunno.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6186 on: October 14, 2014, 08:25:38 pm »

Playing as the Zunbils, and I've been doing pretty good so far. That is, until the...*quietly simmers for a second*...stupid goddamn Punjabi guy decided to be a dick and call in the big guys next door to his holy war. Urghhhh. It's just one province, but I hate losing wars.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6187 on: October 14, 2014, 08:41:48 pm »

My ironman game loaded alright despite the patch, although an in-progress high-crown law vote morphed into high centralization instead, and I'm having difficulty selecting units, in that clicking the flag or banner seem to not work reliably anymore.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #6188 on: October 14, 2014, 09:05:52 pm »

Had great fun with my catholic Letigallian tribals, married myself to one of the bastard daughters of Denmark and managed to survive and grow among the pagans by opportunisticly pouncing on ky neighbours when they were extra vulnerable or by siege-stealing their provinces. Managed to form Lithuania a few decades into the game. One of my sons were Quick, so when he inherited the kingdom (without gaveling it up too much, as his oldest brother had died sonless in battle and the other murdered by Quick's wife) I decided it might be fitting to let this bright fellow lead the Lettigallithuanians into "civilization" and embraced feudality. Quick's married to a Strong Polish princess (I was lucky in that the only daughter to inherit thst trait was also the only one available for patrilinear marriage), and Boleslaw the Bold is without a male heir, so I plan to move on that throne as soon as he dies and create my own version of a Lithuanian-Polish union. Not sure how problematic it's going to prove yet since old king Boleslaw's other daughters are married into Denmark and the internally powerful Polish house of Porai (Porat?), and I'm still underdeveloped in comparison.

I think it's kind of funny how the Tribal Organisation law line makes you weaker when you go from calling your vassals as allies to having them supply you with levies. It really sale the amount of men you are able to throw at your enemies.

Also, I ended up getting no crown authority law at all when I created Lithuania (as in literally no law - not even the lowest "No Crown Authority" law) and I can see no way/requirements for choosing it. Not sure if this is a bug or working as designed yet, gonna keep playing tomorrow and see what happens.
Love, scriver~

Satarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6189 on: October 15, 2014, 09:47:47 am »

I gave the new patch a try.  I don't have the DLC so I just went with old gods start as the Duke of Flanders (ruler designed to be strong, French, and a good education).  Italy certainly was an interesting place.  The king married one of his daughters to a Jewish guy.  Not a problem since it's Agnatic succession.  His son inherits the throne and then dies without issue.  His Jewish nephew then takes the throne and triggers early Crusades and holy orders since Provence is now infidel.

But that's cool because I married my liege's daughter and poped out a genius son with a claim to the West Francian throne.  One faction later and I'm now King of France.  Time to grind up piety so the Pope will grant me an invasion of East Francia which also holds Aquitaine  :D. I'm hoping to form Francia with this character.
You need to make said elf leather into the most amazing work of art.  Embed it with every kind of gem you have, stud it with metals, and sew images into it.  Erect a shrine outside your fort with that in the center.  Let the elves know that you view their very skin as naught more but a medium for your dwarves to work on.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #6190 on: October 15, 2014, 11:38:50 am »

This new patch is just lovely. Having a good time as the Zunites, I guess I'm just really good or something since I've managed to take all of Afghanistan and I'm working my way to Khiva to setup a nice powerbase between the Indian despots and the Abbasids. Been kinda a cake walk so far. But my first leader, the old guy, just won't die.. He's almost 80 now.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6191 on: October 16, 2014, 02:00:54 pm »

Looks like Create a Kingdom is still broken, it's supposed to make some of your provinces de jure part of your new kingdom, but it doesn't at the moment. Unfortunately for me this ruins my kingdom because under gavelkind I'm not going to get what is supposed to be my capital province. I'm going to get the two worst provinces in my kingdom while my other son gets what is supposed to be my main duchy. I guess I'm just going to have to wait for them to fix it before I bother playing again.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6192 on: October 16, 2014, 02:09:57 pm »

I love the settle tribe councillor action. I really tend to play the game with dynastic and cultural goals, so I'm pretty pumped that I could, for instance, cut a swathe through Russia turning things Norse generation after generation, leaving the old stuff behind.

My main gripe right now is that conquering civilized peoples as a tribal is a bit broken since you get wrong holding penalties and such, with no way to possibly tribalize the people there.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6193 on: October 16, 2014, 02:11:38 pm »

Gavelkind, noone ever plays it.  Now players are stuck in gavelkind past the first generation.  Actually worse then everyone thought it was. (And broken too, putting into existence premade de jure duchies/kingdoms that cost more then the freeform duchies/kingdoms, for free.  Also, the premades have de jure claims, while the freeforms do not.)

I've been checking out the CK2 forums.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #6194 on: October 16, 2014, 02:15:40 pm »

.. Gavelkind is supposed to be harder. Its representative of the lack of centralization in the era. And the fact that most tribal cultures of that time *didn't* have actual inheritance procedures makes me a fan of this. Gavelkind is as close to this reality that we get, and I enjoy it. Tribes would just blob instantly if they didn't have the limitation those first ~50 or so years.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian
Pages: 1 ... 411 412 [413] 414 415 ... 1002