Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2092166 times)

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #405 on: February 20, 2012, 11:22:16 am »

I defeated the Mauretanian hordes using the power of lots of savings and mercenaries and took Seville. My dynasty is also set to inherit a few duchies in France and the HRE.

Spoiler: Iberia before (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Iberia now (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Europe 1112 (click to show/hide)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: February 20, 2012, 12:16:46 pm »

S'okay, I start my war for independence while nearly every duke in the Byzzies is fighting to depose the Emperor. I can still buy them making peace to take care of me (I wouldn't want folks leaving the empire they were planning on taking over either) but c'mon, dozens of years of brutal civil war where the Byzzie army is reduced to nothing multiple times, and not a single outside enemy even tries attacking?

And jesus christ this emperor, 65+% warscore, I control the capital, they have no forces that could even remotely take me on - lolnope, it's just a flesh wound. At this point I started to run out of money (had two high-level merc companies to help me out) and ragequit. Moneylenders saved me for a bit, but one of the merc companies managed to disband by the time that event hit, and then a Byzzie army materialized out of nothing (this alone isn't so bad, I beat the previous ones quite handily) and invades my african holdings. Cue Emperor's willingness to fight going from 'it's just a flesh wound' to 'come on, you pansy!'.

So yeah. This game can be pretty frustrating. I hate how durable empires and kingdoms are. I've yet to see a single civil war or a war for independence to succeed, even if pretty much every single duke in the realm joins in.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Domenique

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: February 20, 2012, 12:29:51 pm »

I find the difficulty realistic and interesting, also, independence is not a necessity. You can mostly demand peace only at 100%, otherwise you have to wait for them to surrender, which they rarely do, but sometimes 10% is enough for them.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: February 20, 2012, 01:41:39 pm »

Gods, this game needs so many patches. 1.03b seemingly made everything MORE broken.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: February 20, 2012, 01:45:23 pm »

Gods, this game needs so many patches. 1.03b seemingly made everything MORE broken.

Oh? What do you mean? Maybe I'm just desentisized by Pdox's usual releases, but I haven't noticed that many problems.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: February 20, 2012, 01:55:20 pm »

Oh? What do you mean? Maybe I'm just desentisized by Pdox's usual releases, but I haven't noticed that many problems.

Same, it actually hasn't crashed and all the events I've encountered so far have had the correct effects. No lag or such either.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: February 20, 2012, 03:49:11 pm »

This needs a Westros mod. It needs one
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: February 20, 2012, 04:12:01 pm »

This needs a Westros mod. It needs one

There is already one in the works! You can probably find it by digging around in the User Modifications subforum of CK2 on Pdox's forums, though I think they also have their own site.

Carcanken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: February 20, 2012, 04:22:14 pm »

Just got the game, I do have afew questions though.

How do I give some of my provinces to my vassals?
I hear people talking about upgrading their holdings, but how? I can never find the way :|

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: February 20, 2012, 05:02:31 pm »

Just got the game, I do have afew questions though.

How do I give some of my provinces to my vassals?
I hear people talking about upgrading their holdings, but how? I can never find the way :|

You give provinces to your vassals via the diplomacy menu with that vassal/character. Use Grant Lands and when you select the holding to give its province should light up. Keep in mind that Counties tend to be the entire province (giving them subordinate vassals) while Baronies are simply castle holdings.

You can upgrade any of your or your vassals' holdings by clicking on the holding icon itself and selecting a build option.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: February 20, 2012, 05:08:44 pm »

And jesus christ this emperor, 65+% warscore, I control the capital, they have no forces that could even remotely take me on - lolnope, it's just a flesh wound. At this point I started to run out of money (had two high-level merc companies to help me out) and ragequit. Moneylenders saved me for a bit, but one of the merc companies managed to disband by the time that event hit, and then a Byzzie army materialized out of nothing (this alone isn't so bad, I beat the previous ones quite handily) and invades my african holdings. Cue Emperor's willingness to fight going from 'it's just a flesh wound' to 'come on, you pansy!'.

Well it sounds like it was just a fleshwound, you had no staying power so as soon as you shot your load the emperor hired mercs to put you in your place.  You know, mercs, those armies that you magically materialized at your capitol?

I've seen many kingdoms get usurped this game and just watched the romans go through a decade of five emperors.  I didn't have all that much trouble declaring independence once I had a strong powerbase and that was going up against the HRE which is a pretty tough opponent.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Trorbes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: February 20, 2012, 06:07:12 pm »

I'm loving this game so far, but land aquisition is a bitch - I keep wanting to play this like Total War, and having to remind myself it's not.

Anyway, is there a way to claim duchies through forgery? I just wasted 100 prestige and about 100-some coin trying to take Dublin's two counties, only to lose one because our treaty only awarded me one! I have to spend another 170 coin (and go to war again?) if I want to claim the duchy, and a failed crusade makes both of those a distant concern. I'd rather not make that mistake again if I have to.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: February 20, 2012, 07:21:43 pm »

Fabrication has a chance to give you the rights of the Duchy, but it is random.  I wait +20 years for the chance to acquire fabrication rights anyways.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: February 20, 2012, 07:35:36 pm »

It can be tough to get declaration rights sometimes.

Fabricating Claims is the simplest but it's costly and slow.
Getting a Claimant sometimes works, though I think the Claimant needs to be a part of your De Jure realm or else he/she simply sets up shop on his/her own and you just wasted a bunch of time and money.
There's also requesting an Invasion from the Pope but that requires the target to have low Papacy relation and you to have high. There's also a massive Piety cost attached to it and it can't be used unless the target is larger in realm size or you already possess a title.

Of course, there's always the Holy War method. The obvious use of this is to go after Muslims (or Christians if you used the trick to play Muslims) and assimilate their lands BUT if you become independent, swear to a Muslim ruler, adopt the culture, and finally adopt Islam, you can start to Holy War in  a very target rich environment. Keep in mind that this cuts off your Mercenary choices a bit though, so if a stronger enemy shows up you'd better hope your liege steps in to help.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: February 20, 2012, 08:11:49 pm »

Don't heretics get holy wars against their "brothers" too? I can't remember for certain, but I believe they do.
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 1002