Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2092083 times)

gogis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #435 on: February 22, 2012, 04:42:10 am »

Uh, oh, heresy is overpowered.

After I snatched kingdom of Lithuania (damn pagans, +300 infantry building per province :-X) as Poland, i  then switched religion and quickly stole Bavaria and Bohemia from HRE and took some 3 province duchy from Hungary.

Behold mortals! My former king had 29gold/month and 24k raisable levies before he catched rebel arrow.

Now I am really glad that I didnt usurped Kingdom of Bohemia, half of my dukes now hate my new king for holding K.Lithuania title and scheming like crazy.

Changing laws of two big kingdoms is pain in the arse already, and my elective system barely holds. God bless I have my Piasts breeding each other enough to choose from. Damn matrilineal changes makes it very hard now. Kids getting married to grandmas and liege making surprises with his daughters.

So the question, why should I ever usurp extra kingdom titles if it generate so much problems? Whatever prestige you losing, stable country is priceless - it allows you to grab even more land.
In Soviet Russia cigarette smokes you

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: February 22, 2012, 09:34:51 am »

Anyone else doing any modding? It's not quite (start) playable Pagan characters but...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Take That! religious restrictions.

Haven't done too much testing with it but so far the raid Casus Belli makes the entire Baltic/Scandinavian region much more interesting. Holy Roman Empire is usually getting in on the action too, so the raids might give prospective independents a distraction for the HRE Legions.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

Gantolandon

• Bay Watcher
  • He has a fertile imagination.
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: February 22, 2012, 10:46:05 am »

So the question, why should I ever usurp extra kingdom titles if it generate so much problems? Whatever prestige you losing, stable country is priceless - it allows you to grab even more land.

There are several reasons.

1. You change crown laws not for your (titular) kingdom, but for de iure kingdoms you hold. So if you are a king of Poland and you also happen to have some provinces elsewhere, you can increase your crown authority only to those provinces which are parts of de iure Poland. So anything east of Yatvagi and Jacwiez is stuck with the default laws.

2. It's even worse if someone else holds the title, because he gets Casus Belli on you to conquer the provinces, which are parts of his de iure kingdom. Moreover, parts of your holdings are susceptible to any Crown Laws change he enacts and you may one day discover that your eastern vassals can now fight with each other, because the stupid king of Lithuania lost the civil war.

Domenique

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: February 22, 2012, 11:20:23 am »

Anyone else doing any modding? It's not quite (start) playable Pagan characters but...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Take That! religious restrictions.

Haven't done too much testing with it but so far the raid Casus Belli makes the entire Baltic/Scandinavian region much more interesting. Holy Roman Empire is usually getting in on the action too, so the raids might give prospective independents a distraction for the HRE Legions.

You can start as a pagan by starting as a christian and selecting a pagan before it gets to the loading screen.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: February 22, 2012, 11:22:46 am »

Don't think that works in the current patch.

I saw a mod in the Paradox forums that had all the muslims and pagans starting as christian heresies, with an event to convert them to their correct religion with a low MTTH. Seems a pretty workable option until Paradox gives us a better choice.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: February 22, 2012, 11:25:31 am »

You can start as a pagan by starting as a christian and selecting a pagan before it gets to the loading screen

Was true in the Demo, not true anymore.

lastverb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: February 22, 2012, 11:53:49 am »

Find my earlier posts in this thread and you will find easy way to start as pagan/muslim.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: February 22, 2012, 12:13:38 pm »

I wish there was some way I could get my duke interested in fantasy football or infidelity or some such.  I've spent 18 years carefully grooming my only child daughter into the perfect heir.  She stands to inherit the Roman empire (marriage of second sons and daughters gone awesome due to blind luck, no assassinations involved!)  She will be able to marry for a great alliance once she becomes Empress.  But for a reason I cannot fathom my duke and his wife decide little Antipatra needs a baby brother now that she is 18.  If only the kid was a bastard I would gladly give him a duchy or kingdom in his older sisters empire.  Why did this jerk decide to sleep with his wife?
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: February 22, 2012, 01:14:21 pm »

Assassinate the (not) bastard. :D
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: February 22, 2012, 02:47:42 pm »

The feels even more gamey then savescumming.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: February 22, 2012, 02:50:59 pm »

How is that gamey?...

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: February 22, 2012, 03:45:08 pm »

Because very few people would even consider murdering their young child like that?
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: February 22, 2012, 03:52:12 pm »

Because very few people would even consider murdering their young child like that?

What about those of us with an in-game eugenics program?

Seriously though, the concerns of the mighty are not the concerns of the lower classes. If you've been grooming her this entire time because you feel she'd run the empire better after you've shuffled off the mortal coil then sometimes a child needs to get stabbed for the Greater Good.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: February 22, 2012, 04:02:51 pm »

Well I've been grooming her this entire time because I'm behaving like any self respecting noble of the time would and giving my kids the best inheritance I can.  That inheritance is undermined by the possibility of a young boy inheriting instead of a groomed queen in waiting.  But an even worse inheritance would be a pillow over the face before he can even speak.  I'm trying to take care of me and mine, not kill off my family.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: February 22, 2012, 04:05:24 pm »

Give the kid a church job then :P
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 1002