Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2092866 times)

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 announced!
« Reply #210 on: February 12, 2012, 11:28:10 am »

Oh i remember something funny that happened in my previous game. My grandson was my spymaster, and he wanted to be married, so i find him a wife who is also a spymaster (of some german place i think). Then after a few months he reports to me that he has uncovered a plot from his wife to assassinate his own father (my son), who is also my heir. So, i check my heir and since his scores aren't exactly stellar and i have like a million other sons, i decide not to do anything. About a year later, my heir dies, and my grandson becomes the new heir xD.

But there's more, see after a while my grandson discovers a new plot, this time another of my sons wants him (my grandson/spymaster) dead. So i put my son in jail (no malus because i have proof), and somehow this son becomes my new heir (a bug i think). Since i don't want my next character to start in jail, i release him after some time (which earns me some nice bonus because i'm nice). And suddenly my grandson becomes my heir again ! Go figure.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: February 13, 2012, 01:55:20 pm »

Is it just me or is there no good way to determine eligible bachelors/bachelorettes? I thought that was a function there were going to be building in. And with so many more characters (and with singles being a hell of a lot more picky now), that's a big need.

Beyond that, I've been both wowed and overwhelmed by the level of detail. The addition of cities, bishoprics and baronies to the mix really gives you the ability to fine-tune your demesne to your liking. I started a demo game as William of Aquitaine (who seems OP to start....dude controls half of France!), and there's just too much to process. Think I'll start over as a single province vassal and figure things out from there. The levy system is totally revamped for one thing.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: February 13, 2012, 02:04:57 pm »

Is it just me or is there no good way to determine eligible bachelors/bachelorettes? I thought that was a function there were going to be building in. And with so many more characters (and with singles being a hell of a lot more picky now), that's a big need.

This is partially implemented. On the character menu, you can certainly filter on sex and whether they're married. What I've found trickier is that "Great House" seems oddly defined, and there's no filter option for only selecting the children of a baron/count/duke/king, which can be important from a prestige standpoint.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: February 13, 2012, 02:13:24 pm »

Also, on the character page, there is a button with two rings you can press which brings up a menu of eligible people of all ages.

Spoiler: Like so (click to show/hide)
Love, scriver~

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: February 13, 2012, 02:17:05 pm »

I keep having a shitload of sons and they always fight with each other. I have united Ireland but there is always something going on.

MY KING NEEDS CONDOMS TO PREVENT HIS DOWNFALL!
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 02:43:42 pm by Leatra »

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: February 13, 2012, 02:26:37 pm »

Yea like scriver said, clickey the rings and then sort people by what you want the most : rank, stats, age, culture, goals... You can also propose a marriage to one guy in the diplomacy window and it'll show only the people under his rule (children, vassals, court, etc..)

My new game is with the count of vendome starting in 1066. He starts at 1 year old. Difficulty says "100%". Right now he's a young adult, married to a lesbian but they have a son, and thanks to his good teachers he's "Midas touched" with 22 stewardship. My liege was the duke of anjou, who somehow became king of france and gave me a new county after waging some war. I have a pretty good income, and right now i'm trying to get Anjou for myself, although it's probably a stupid move since it's the fief of the new king... we'll see. Ah and the king made me his stewart (too bad i didnt choose this as an ambition).

Svarte Troner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: February 13, 2012, 02:48:19 pm »

Wait..... This game is out, but it's not?
Is there any sense in waiting until tomorrow to buy it ???
That metal guy that pops up sometimes in places
To put it simply, Dwarf Fortress is the Black Metal of video games.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: February 13, 2012, 03:02:20 pm »

Steam says one more day...I think its set to Swedish time...Maybe.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: February 13, 2012, 03:29:45 pm »

Hopefully the recovery CD for my laptop that can actually RUN this game comes tomorrow. :P
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: February 13, 2012, 03:31:33 pm »

Also, on the character page, there is a button with two rings you can press which brings up a menu of eligible people of all ages.

Spoiler: Like so (click to show/hide)
Note that my experience seems to indicate that this panel is already filtered to exclude people who won't accept, which makes it even more intuitive than the old CK1 bride-finder (not to mention it working for both sexes)

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: February 13, 2012, 03:37:04 pm »

Also, i wanted to ask, anyone knows if it's a bad thing to revoke your mayors so that you get the full taxes from their cities ? I tried it once and it gave me a "wrong type of holding" message, but it still boosted my income quite a lot, with no apparent penalty yet, except of course the cost of revoking.

You don't get the full taxes, that's the downside. I don't remember exactly what the minuses are, but it doesn't run as efficiently as a "right type of holding".
-25%

And giving it to a baron is -65%, at best. Even more depending upon your laws. Holding cities is great for making money, especially coastal ones.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: February 13, 2012, 03:41:30 pm »

My heir has crappy stats(2 or 3) in everything but intrigue, in which he has 13, is homosexual and I betrothed him to someone who has grown to be deceitful, greedy and ambitious. The other son, however, had piles of positive events growing up, so he's now a 'Brilliant Strategist' with 22 martial and 13+ in all other skills and has a marriage that will secure us a county in the HRE. Ah Crusader Kings, how I missed ye.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: February 13, 2012, 03:43:44 pm »

Obviously your heir needs to have an unfortunate accident.

CK2: Now With More Unfortunate Accidents!

Also, thanks all for pointing out the ring thing. Still overwhelmed by the UI.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: February 13, 2012, 03:44:16 pm »

My heir has crappy stats(2 or 3) in everything but intrigue, in which he has 13, is homosexual and I betrothed him to someone who has grown to be deceitful, greedy and ambitious. The other son, however, had piles of positive events growing up, so he's now a 'Brilliant Strategist' with 22 martial and 13+ in all other skills and has a marriage that will secure us a county in the HRE. Ah Crusader Kings, how I missed ye.

The above is the reason why elective inheretance is good :P
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: February 13, 2012, 03:45:36 pm »

Having watched ParadoxianLP stream a few games, I believe I should have a good hold on the UI. :3
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 1002