Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18

Author Topic: Rule the Cities RTD, Turn 8  (Read 21999 times)

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
Re: Rule the Cities RTD, Turn 3
« Reply #150 on: September 25, 2010, 08:10:44 am »

I think thats everyone.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 26, 2010, 05:07:57 pm »

I'd have the new turn up, but I failed at combating lethargy.
I'd give an amusing screenshot to make up for the lack of a turn, but ... meh. Have an emoticon instead.

::)

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 26, 2010, 05:40:04 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 27, 2010, 06:29:35 pm »

Damnit \NUR-her\ \TOR-her\ I we need a turn SOON!

Also, \OH-chi-tah\ nice lazy-man, but that isn't lethargy...

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 27, 2010, 06:31:52 pm »

It's only half done. You can't expect me to throw out half a turn; the craziness would never end.

Well, -you- might be able to want such a thing, but then Knight Otu's faction would be behind, and then they'd be bugging me doubly for their turn. And we can't have that.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rule the Cities RTD, Turn 4
« Reply #155 on: September 27, 2010, 08:14:45 pm »

((I have decided that this will be more amusing if I hide some rolls, and hide some results that aren't immediately known [IE, the effects of a healing herb + poison herb potion would remain hidden unless tasted or used].

Here's the table used for determining mineral type:
1- copper
2- copper
3- iron
4- iron
5- iron
6- re-roll
7- tin
8- marble
9- silver
10- gold

A second roll determines vein size:
1-3: small
4-5: medium
6: large

Warning: Almost all of my metal knowledge comes from DF. This is the result:
Strength is as follows: Steel > Bronze > Iron > Copper > Wood
Copper + tin = 2x bronze
Iron + marble = steel

For making crafts to sell:
Copper/tin/iron = 1x value
Steel = 2x value
Silver/marble = 3x value
Gold = 5x value))

Spoiler: Overmap (click to show/hide)

Evergod's Company:
{20, 15}, Luck - ? ? ? ? ?
{17 vs 19-2} - Victor sneaks up on the sleeping buck. His companions pyromanaical ways wake the deer up. It lets out an alarmed deer noise to wake its herd up and charges at Victor. {15 vs 4+2} - Victor is stunned by how fast it awoke and charged, and doesn't get out of the way in time. {1+4 vs 14+1} - The buck, suddenly distracted by the fire, stumbles and barely taps Victor. He takes the opportunity to chop at it, {4+2 vs 10-4} {13+6 vs 12} severing its spinal cord just before the skull. He quickly puts the poor thing out of its misery.

Hunting Battle:
Smith trio - 3x 1/1
Liutenant - 3/3

vs
Deer - 5x 1/1

{1 vs 3-2}
The deer wake up, notice the fire, and stand around in terror. The lieutenant nearly cries as the smiths loudly coordinate their actions.

{20 vs 17}
The lieutenant manages to get the smiths to be quiet and charge. They do so. The lieutenant kills one deer almost instantly, heavily wounds a second, and gets kicked by a third. The smiths each take a deer with their smithing hammers, getting badly wounded in the process of killing their targets.

{5 vs 20}
The lieutenant manages to kill the deer that's kicking him, then turns and finishes off the second deer.

Results:
Enemies not fighting to kill: Fallen not killed.
Smiths are heavily wounded. - They won't be doing anything for about seven turns, unless they receive medical attention. If they do not recover within ten turns, they'll die from their wounds.
Lieutenant is moderately wounded. - He should recover in two to five turns of rest, unless he receives medical attention. He is still capable of working, but heavy work may worsen his condition.
Deer butchered for 40 units of food.

Miners prospecting - {10, 5} - The miners find a medium gold vein, worth 60 gold

+80 food
Some citizens wounded
Evergod:
+2 EXP
+2 Fencing

Wolfchild {15} - Use Flame Wave to create a wall of fire to spook the deer, and prevent them from escaping.
    Saun hastily attempts to create a Wall of Fire spell from his flame wave, but fails at modifying his spell significantly. It does form a ring, however, and since he's in a jungle, a ring of fire appears.
+2 EXP
+2 Pyromancy

Errol {??} - Try to get interesting objects from quarry workers
   Liz asks the quarry-workers to give her anything particularly unusual they find, so that she may use it for the good of the city. They give her strange looks, then one shrugs and gives her a fist-sized black rock. They said that they looked for more, but found nothing. Upon touching it, Liz feels tired, sees nothing but black, and can almost hear whisperings, just out of earshot. An instant later her senses return to normal, and she feels as well-rested as she was before. A brief examination reveals that the rock absorbs light within a few millimeters of it, not just light that hits it
Black rock gained.

Jiharo {20} -  Find bird's nest for eggs.
   Kwinkle climbs a few trees while wandering westwards, looting a few eggs from angry birds. He soon comes to the mountain, and, up on a ledge, he sees a huge nest with three eggs, each easily the size of a moderately small dog. He sees a path which could be used to reach the eggs with minimal difficulties.
+2 EXP
+3 Jungle Survival
+10 eggs (Two count as a meal. Yes, all ten are enough to feed one person performing heavy labor until a caravan arrives. Yes, I am well aware that this game completely falls apart if even a slight gust of wind strikes the rules.)

Knight Otu's Order:
{1}, Luck - Your city is being raided by six mammalian koboldsies! They wield weapons made from COPPER. They attack from the south, and {17} despite being natives, run into the soldiers as they are departing. Play [battle music] now.

Koboldises:
4x armed with copper spears - 2/2
2x armed with blowpipes and copper darts - 2/2 [Extra attack: Ranged]

Human army:
Militia Captain - 3/2 [Extra attack: Ranged] [Tactics: -10% damage taken by commanded troops]
5x L1 Swordsmen - 3/2
2x L1 Archers - 2/1 [Extra attack: Ranged]

{5 vs 10} - The kobolds are surprised by the humans, giving them a slight advantage.
Archers and dartkobolds pincushion front-line units. One swordsman goes down, along with two spearmen.
The swordsmen kill the remaining spearmen, and the dartkobolds flee the scene. Rapidly.

No doctors present: 33% chance of downed unit survival:
One swordsman has perished.

Two copper spears looted.
[/end battle music]

The herbalist begins tilling a field, but advises that healing herbs likely need a delicate hand to grow, and that mundane farmers are unlikely to be able to cultivate them. (No mass-producing healing potions to sell.)

Knight Otu: {7} - Look north-west
There is a jungle to the north-west. It has a river.[/b]

Hailfire {18} - Go to river with Knight Otu's character
   With Ochita nowhere in sight to take a waterskin from, she travels with Chirlon to the river. While drinking from the river, she finds some interesting looking seaweed. What could it be?
+1 EXP
+1 Herbalism
2 Strange Seaweed found

Kilakan {11 vs 7} - Kill bear
   Thinking fast, Khan throws his knife {6+3 vs 5} at the bear's eyes. {9 vs 11+2} The knife strikes true, but the enraged bear doesn't appear to be affected by the knife sticking out of her left eye. She swipes at Khan, {20+2 vs 12+2} but he ducks with the "grace" of a seasoned barbarian huntsman, bringing his axe up {3+3 vs 4} and slicing at the bear's unprotected belly, {14+9 vs 18+2} grievously wounding his foe. The mighty bear attempts to continue the fight, {11} but is unable to avenge her murdered child. She dies.

{6} - The bear has no treasure on her, but there's a handy knife in her eye. Khan takes it and cleans it.
+4 EXP
+1 Knife Throwing
+1 Axe Fighter

Ochita {12} - Earth Pillar!
   Ochita brings the rest of the vein up to the surface, where miners will have an easier time collecting it. Casting a second spell is beyond his abilities at the moment, so he returns to town.
+1 EXP
+2 Earth Magic
Small gold vein moved to surface

+2 EXP
Spoiler: Evergod's 'city' (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Evergod Graphics (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Knight Otu's 'City' (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Knight Otu Graphics (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Evergod41 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Wolfchild (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Errol (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Jiharo (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Knight Otu (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Hailfire (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Kilakan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ochita (click to show/hide)

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 27, 2010, 09:41:39 pm »

"Damnit! You Idiot! THINK next time, the flames caused much more harm than good!"
Scold the pyromancer the entire time we head back to town
"Alright, you guys can rest, you definately need it. You there, mages, I wont bother learnin yur names, but I'll call ya by what ya do."
Give my 3 mage-like 'heroes' 'titles': Pyro, Mage, Clockateer. Respectively to Saun, Eliza, Kwinkle.
"Hmm, damn, your hurt bad..... I'ma gunna do sumptin' 'bout dat..."
Dabble in first-aid, try to keep the smiths from dieing...

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 27, 2010, 09:44:04 pm »

Two deer would likely have fled without the flames there. Just sayin'.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 28, 2010, 05:10:31 am »

I actualy didnt want a ring, more a U shape, oh well

Disparing of anyone else finding any metals, do some rudimentary prospecting near the encampment for metals useabnle in tinkering
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 28, 2010, 07:58:19 am »

In the meeting, assuming that Khan (or Bunny and Ochita for that matter) doesn't want to suggest a town name still, Chirlon asks for votes on the name.

-----

Chirlon's face is frozen as he hears that the town was attacked before the military could explore, and suffered a loss. He prepares a culturally-appropriate funeral for the soldier who fell and couldn't be saved by the Herbalist in time.

-----

The farmers continue to farm, and the woodcutters continue to cut wood. Seven of the carpenters and the architect continue their work on the town hall, and three go with Ochita as promised. They should take the copper spears to not be completely helpless in case of an attack. The military should train and be ready for further attacks. The herbalist should tend to the small field and plant the healing herbs, but be ready to mend injuries.

Chirlon works on the funeral, helped by the phantom worker if necessary, and eulogizes the fallen soldier.

-----

"Today, we mourn. We mourn a brave defender of the helpless, a man of courage, a man of our town. We mourn a friend. Jamos was struck down defending our wellbeing, defending it together with seven more brave men and women. Jamos was taken from us by craven thieves, but he will not be forgotten. Let us remember him, the brave warrior, the courageous friend. Let us tell stories of him. Let us talk of him now. In the years to come on this day, let us say a toast to Jamos. He deserves the memory."
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 28, 2010, 09:46:22 am »

Give the black rock a thorough magical examination.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Jiharo

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 28, 2010, 10:04:16 am »

"Clockateer? I'm honored, Governor."
Store eggs in food stockpile.
Start constructing Mechanic's Workshop.
All your goblin bone bolts, suddenly rising up in vengeance...
I wonder ... is it smart amunition or dumb amunition?

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 28, 2010, 11:05:28 am »

Youll need to send them Knight Otu. In the meantime I will cast a stone hand and will start to mine some rock with the hand.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 28, 2010, 11:10:16 am »

Summons are unable to act on the turn they are summoned.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 28, 2010, 11:20:28 am »

Okay. Prospect the other mountain tile next to me.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18