Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18

Author Topic: Rule the Cities RTD, Turn 8  (Read 21988 times)

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rule the Cities RTD, Turn 4
« Reply #165 on: September 28, 2010, 03:49:51 pm »

Clean, skin and butcher the bear and her cub.  Make a bear-hide cloak from the mother's pelt, and gloves with bear claws from the hands and baby's pelt (aka rudimentary cat-claw weapons.), then haul the meat and anything else useful back to camp for food.
*Whistling* Cleaning my meat,
nothing can beat.
A nice cold drink,
To make ya think.
Except for a bear hide cloak!

Hey guys, I just killed a freaking bear WITHOUT A SCRATCH!..... Oh someone died? Well then let's party I've brought the food!
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 03:53:26 pm by kilakan »
Nom nom nom

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 28, 2010, 04:17:52 pm »

Youll need to send them Knight Otu. In the meantime I will cast a stone hand and will start to mine some rock with the hand.
(I would think that sending them to you would be implied with the "go with Ochita as promised" even if I didn't state so outright. I don't think Nirur is that evil.

Right?  :o)
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: September 28, 2010, 04:22:09 pm »

Yesssssss ...

I've decided that uneducated workers may only have one job at a time, to prevent such nonsense as me having to keep track of the levels of 50 individual workers. Thus, any worker changing major jobs will lose all levels, and take a turn to switch. Workers shifting to a similar job (Masonry to Construction Worker, or Quarryman to Miner) will lose half of their levels.

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 29, 2010, 11:34:46 am »

At the announcement of the militiaman's funeral, one person out of the crowd found the proposition both perplexing and bewildering.

"Ehhhhh?! You're going to put him in a box in a hole in the ground?! B-but Boss, I thought were weren't supposed to waste anything! There's so many spare parts there I could use to fix other people if they get hurt! Uuuuu, and if only I had Master's notes, I could preserve his brain, too, and then we could put him back together later...

Run a thorough alchemical analysis on one sample of seaweed, and give the other to the herbalist to attempt to grow. If possible, requisition a worker to go up to the river to retrieve water for me, along with any more seaweed (or other suspicious herbs) he might find.
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 01, 2010, 01:40:19 pm »

I think thats everyone.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 04, 2010, 10:37:18 am »

Sorry, I spent the weekend incapacitated annoyed by a moderate yet persistent headache, and was unable to be creative. I'll try to get a turn out tomorrow.

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 06, 2010, 10:38:01 am »

It is now the 6th, the day after tomorrow, where is this so called update?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rule the Cities RTD, Turn 5
« Reply #172 on: October 06, 2010, 02:27:36 pm »

((Perhaps it has been a few tomorrows, but that only increases your hopes that this tomorrow of yesterday is really the right tomorrow. What right have I to crush your hopes by posting something today, leaving you with the knowledge that there will be no turn tomorrow?

Er ... That is, yes. Turn.

I've decided to increase the rate at which low-leveled workers level up if they are working alongside people who are more skilled. It's also possible to set up to three students to one teacher, to further increase this, but none of the four will produce anything while training.

Finally, Please use bold for all actions, and only for actions. Thanks.))

Spoiler: Overmap (click to show/hide)

Evergod's Company:
{15}, Luck - One miner has discovered a small cluster of flareflow opals. These highly rare, translucent gemstones appear to have a center of liquid fire, and are said to grant magical abilities to those who hold them ...
{6} - Victor Van Vrikt, the noble governor, takes some large leaves from the jungle, and heads towards the lean-to where the construction workers built a quick shelter for the wounded. Their wounds look quite bad, and he almost uses the leaves as bandages, but notices an unpleasant tingling sensation on his hands. Deducing that the leaves are at least slightly toxic, he decides against 'helping' the smiths with the leaves, instead tossing them deeply into the jungle where they will never be used as bandages again. ((Your int has saved the day.))

The lean-to itself is roughly made, but will not fall apart without outside intervention. The bedding is made from undried hay-like vegetation. It's only marginally better then leaving the patients outside, but people would be demoralized if their friends were left outside while wounded.

People have begun to question the lack of even the most basic of housing.

+4 flareflow opals
Leaves of unknown toxicity discovered.
Heroes granted titles
Lean-to built
Evergod:
+1 EXP

Wolfchild {17, [3/10], [5/6]} - Prospect for metals
    Pyro enters the mines and prospects for metals. He finds an iron vein worth 60 iron.
+2 EXP
+2 Prospecting

Errol {1} - Magically examine black rock
   When Mage aims a spell at the rock, she can feel it pulling at her. She tries to fight it, but finds herself paralyzed. She black out.

Darkness. A void? No light. No sounds. No feeling. There is nothing. Nothing except for the strange feeling that *something greater* is amused.

Mage wakes up in the make-shift hospital, shivering uncontrollably and feeling completely drained. One of the construction workers sees that she's awake and feeds her a bowl of hot soup. He explains that she was carried here after suddenly falling over, unconscious.

Mana set to 0.
-2 HP

Jiharo {1} - Add eggs to stockpile, build Mechanic's Workshop
   The Clockateer returns to the camp, gives the eggs to a construction worker, and grabs some tools. Several hours of unsuccessful attempts later, and he has broken several tools, destroyed a few units of stone, and hurt his hands. The masons give him dirty looks.
3 tools broken
3 stone destroyed
-5 HP

Knight Otu's Order:
{10}, Luck - No notable occurrences

The farmers finish preparing enough fields for themselves.
The herbalist finishes preparing enough fields for herself.
The town hall has been completed. There is barely enough room for everybody to sleep on the floor, but at least they're no longer exposed to the weather.
The military splits its time between training and guarding the area. They did not detect any more kobolds.
Three carpenters cease being carpenters, and head for the mountain to collect gold.

Knight Otu: {10+2} - Honor the dead
   Seeing their leader personally seeing to the dead, combined with the victory, helps raise morale. People are more productive this turn.
+2 Oration
+1 EXP

Hailfire {10} - Identify seaweed
   She gives a sample of the seaweed to the herbalist, who doubts it would grow on land. None of the workers listen to her requests for them to get more. She analyzes the seaweed, and it appears to be moderately toxic when purified.
+2 Herbalism
+2 EXP
1 Strange Seaweed turned into Medium Poison Extract

Kilakan {17} - Craft time!
   Khan creates a warm bear-hide cloak from the mother's body, and a pair of clawed gloves from the cub's corpse. After donning his newly made objects of barbarianism, he takes the meat back to camp. People look on him with respect.
+2 EXP
+2 Corpsecrafting EXP
Bear-hide cloak gained
Bear-claw gloves gained
50 food added to city

Ochita {17} [4/10] [4/6] - Prospect tile 11
   Ochita discovers an iron vein worth 50.
+2 EXP
+2 Prospecting

+2 EXP

Spoiler: Evergod's 'city' (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Evergod Graphics (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Knight Otu's 'City' (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Knight Otu Graphics (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Evergod41 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Wolfchild (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Errol (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Jiharo (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Knight Otu (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Hailfire (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Kilakan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ochita (click to show/hide)

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 06, 2010, 02:48:01 pm »

Go to the new miners and summon a hand or two. Keep one there to make a hut for them and the other one shall carry gold to the city and come back/R. (I plan to make it into a sort of quarry when the gold is gone, I will use the stone for a nice tower. The alchemist can live and experiment there as long as we have a potion and enchanting shop on the first floor. (You do potions I do enchanting? 50/50? Just teach me a small amount of potion making. Please?)))
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 06, 2010, 03:02:58 pm »

Order the construction of stone buildings, starting with a proper hospital large enough to hold 10 patients comfortably, then on to a longhouse for the people.
((I am pretty shure I have already given the order for construction once stone was available...))

Eyeing the opals suspiciously, Victor decides to try and test these so called abilities of an inanamite object...
Myself, Pyro, Mage, and Clockateer should all have one flarflow opal with them at all times, to see how it truly affects the abilities of the holder
((Was 4 specific or just a random #?))

Personally start building a forge, with which to craft the iron into more useful steel.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 06, 2010, 04:51:03 pm »

hey... Evergod. I think that if we link the two towns together it will be easier to grow and such. It would let me go over there and and learn some magic. I mean its just an idea.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 06, 2010, 05:01:36 pm »

So we have a kobold problem eh, anyone up for some Hunting!  Let's teach these slimy bastards not to mess with us, who's with me!
Begin tracking the kobolds who escaped back to their caves (follow trail of blood/smell, using barbarian magic), leading anyone who wishes to follow, teach the soldiers on the ways of the barbarians while we walk.
Nom nom nom

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 06, 2010, 05:24:20 pm »

Woot i did something useful

If the lazy miners wont get me the required iron, i will do it myself, improvise a use of fire magic to smelt the ore ib the vein, making it fall out
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 06, 2010, 05:41:40 pm »

((I am pretty shure I have already given the order for construction once stone was available...))
It wasn't bolded as part of your action, sorry.

((Was 4 specific or just a random #?))
Random number.

Woot i did something useful

If the lazy miners wont get me the required iron, i will do it myself, improvise a use of fire magic to smelt the ore ib the vein, making it fall out
{1} - You melt the entirety of the iron vein successfully. Congratulations, you are now standing in a large puddle of molten iron. It is quite a bit more painful then it sounds.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 06, 2010, 07:53:59 pm »

that wasnt the actual roll was it?, i know its probly stupid but my character is a little reckless
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18