Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 504

Author Topic: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves  (Read 1510965 times)

Zaik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves
« Reply #120 on: August 16, 2010, 06:51:59 am »

Dead Urist,

er,

Dear Urist,

When I tell you to build a wall/floodgate/grate/etc. to keep something out, i do NOT expect or want you to go on the side of the wall/floodgate/grate/etc. that the thing i am trying to keep out is on to build it, then trap yourself inside. I will leave you in there next time to die i swear it, tantrum spiral be damned.
[MILL_CHILD:ONLY_IF_GOOD_REASON]

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 16, 2010, 12:24:45 pm »

Dear Urist

For Armok's sake,stop hauling that sock and GET TO FIGHTING THOSE GOBBO'S!

Signed,.....

geoduck

• Bay Watcher
  • mollusk
    • View Profile
    • Geoduck's Page
« Reply #122 on: August 16, 2010, 01:24:22 pm »

Dear Stoneworkers:

Perhaps this has already been mentioned, but there are much much closer rocks you can use than those ones all the way down at the bottom of the map in the tombs. They are just as good! Really!
Geoduck's graphic set: simple and compact!

Samuel

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McBateman cancels Attend Meeting: Too Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 16, 2010, 04:12:36 pm »

Dear Diplomat who's name I do not care to remember,

I do indeed regret not having a trade depot up when you arrived, as it was an inconvenience for both of us. This, however, does not justify you striding into my fortress and walking around, snooping into every room. I am a patient man, and I was willing to tolerate this. What ultimately brought my patience to it's limit was when you walked into my Expedition Leader's bedroom to watch her while she slept. That's some Edward Cullen bullshit. You two hadn't even met, you creep.

Enjoy floating around the lake, which is quickly stagnating due to being filled with your rotting flesh.

Signed,
Samuel
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 04:14:30 pm by Samuel »

DrGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 16, 2010, 07:20:01 pm »

Dear Rags of Sacrificing: Military of Furnace of Executioners,

I know you are all quite disappointed about our recent training exercises. Yes, it's quite sad that you, with your bronze armor and silver warhammers, took such a pounding from 6 mountain goats and 2 deer. Yes, it's a pretty depressing fact knowing that the animals in question were forced over no less than 10 stone-fall traps and yet still their kicks fell upon you with vigor enough to do such harm. But, be glad! For I had 4 caged Unicorns that I could have released instead!

On a special note, Urist McMayorWarrior:

Please do not fall asleep within the death training chamber again. Your wounds are your own fault for sleeping through no less than 2 enraged goats kicking at your limp body. Be glad one of them had lost a hoof to the Stone-fall traps. Please do not take this out on another dwarf and sentence them to beatings. F.O.X. does not have sufficient any guards to carry out your punishments and you'll only be disappointing yourself further.

P.S. No, McMayorWarrior, we are not building you 2 elk bird horn items. Live with it or die.

Edited P.P.S. The 3 Unicorn 1 deer chamber is now prepared. Please suit up and join your new brothers-in-arms, The Released Tools in the designated area.

Signed,
Your severely disappointed Supreme Commander.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 08:40:21 pm by DrGravitas »

Shurhaian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 16, 2010, 07:33:25 pm »

Attention ~brave~ warriors of The Hollow Gates, first-named defenders of Kedzefon:

Your schedule and your uniform are not to be viewed as optional. You have been instructed to be in full battle dress at all times, and to have no less than five of you - half your number - training at any given time before any may be off-duty at all. To date, your captain has demonstrated his superior leadership skills by fetching his gear, acquiring rations, filling his waterskin, and reporting to the barracks to drill.

It would be greatly appreciated if anyone else in the squad would stir himself to so much as glance at the armory.

Signed,

Your Overseer

Dear Overseer,

It is much easier to whip my recruits into shape if you tell me who's supposed to be in the squad.

Yrs,
Captain, The Hollow Gates
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 09:16:52 pm by Shurhaian »
Working on: drakes - making the skies(mostly) a bit more varied

My guards need something better to do than make my nobles happy with hugs and justice.

nonobots

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 16, 2010, 10:14:51 pm »

Memo to the kitchen and farmer staff,

It has been reported that you are cleaning up the water and muddy floors in the northwest chamber.

We all love a clean environment and we know you don't have much to do, as we just arrived here. If you want any chance of practicing your trade anytime soon you will stop all cleaning activities and you will join your fellows in irrigating the northwest chamber by hauling buckets.

Thanks
Thirsty and Hungry Overseer
Playing DF on a Mac.

AngleWyrm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 16, 2010, 11:00:30 pm »

Dear Urist McMoody,

I realize this is a delicate time for you, just please be aware that there is in fact no such thing as a "Rock Bar."

Thanks for your understanding,
-The voice of reason
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 11:03:50 pm by AngleWyrm »

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 17, 2010, 01:30:53 am »

Rock bars mean metal bars.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Golcondio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 17, 2010, 05:10:32 am »

Note to Urist McFurnitureHauler:

No, "item blocking site" is not a excuse to goof off instead of placing the much needed 70 gold tables and 200 gold thrones in our newly-mined legendary dining hall.
In fact, if only you had half a fly's brain, you would notice that the "item" that is "blocking site" is a goddamned ROCK that has been marked for DUMPING because IT IS BLOCKING THE LOVEMAKING SITE!!!
The first one to ever suspend the task, I will make sure he/she's also too tired to sleep, too hungry to eat and too thirsty to drink (and of course too insane to clean self).
The others will directly carve fortifications on the volcano wall.

Signed,
Logistics Management

ungulateman

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: haunting moos]
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 17, 2010, 05:18:48 am »

That rock won't be hauled because you marked it for dumping. The dwarves will refuse to move it until it gets dumped.
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

Golcondio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 17, 2010, 07:27:31 am »

I know that perfectly well, darling. It's just damn inconvenient ;)

newto

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 17, 2010, 07:11:52 pm »

Dear Urist McBoneCrafter

I understand you were injured by the mysterious blob of salt that threatened our fortress while trying to collect some wood. A broken left false rib and left lung ARE fairly serious injuries, but unfortunately we have no gypsum and are reliant on dwarven traders for cast supplies and injuries to soldiers and hunters take priority.

I am not judging your choice to stay unconscious since the attack, but Urist McLegendaryMiner and Urist McBrokerSiegeOperator are both missing hands and are capable of working.

I would suggest arranging transport from the dining room to the hospital, as it is not appropriate to lie unconscious on the floor for SEVEN YEARS for a broken rib.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 17, 2010, 07:34:23 pm »

THE LOVEMAKING SITE!!!

This was all I saw. Where can I report to the lovemaking site, sir?
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Internet Kraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 24, 2010, 02:02:01 am »

Dear Doctors of Townbrush,

Good job morons.

Picture a dwarf, warrior, mechanic, or some other incredibly useful profession. Now picture him dead. That's what infections do.
[NOPAIN] no gain.
Escapist Reveredtour Let's Play.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 504