Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 504

Author Topic: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves  (Read 1538503 times)

LizardKing

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXP:0]
    • View Profile
Re: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves
« Reply #135 on: August 24, 2010, 04:04:49 am »

Note for all military recruits

While I appreciate your need to train to keep in shape, it would be much appreciated if the various members of squads Axechop and Hammersmashy would not run off to train when you are assigned to help the Boltshooters take down a cyclops, which resulted in 1 death and another with multiple broken bones. In future, please deal with all immediate threats before resuming your normal training schedule.

Thank you very bloody much.

flatlander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 24, 2010, 08:18:29 am »

Dear Urist McTrader,

It is understandable to take a break, run off for a drink, and grab a bite to eat when called to negotiate for goods. What is not acceptable is to run halfway to the trade depot, stop, and then grab a magma forge in a state of possession. The traders have left... and you are asking for two types of material we were going to acquire from them. You will discover this note etched in the solid locked door of the room which has been constructed around you. The adaptable magma channel™ has been rerouted to the hole in the ceiling just above you. As soon as we hear you banging on the door expect hot magma death; followed by encasement in obsidian.

Sincerely,
The Computer
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 08:25:49 am by flatlander »
Check out my webcomic at epicgotime.com

cog disso

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress: Hatchetminds
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 24, 2010, 08:23:08 am »

Dear Countess,

Pull the lever.

Sincerely,
The Sadistic, Bored Player.
Urist McShrodinger likes unobservable properties for their haunting implications.

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 24, 2010, 08:25:39 am »

Dear Urist

PLEASE PLEASE PLEAASE stop walking through fire!IT WILL KILL YOU!

SIGNED,CAPSLOCKER.

cog disso

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress: Hatchetminds
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 24, 2010, 08:32:00 am »

TO: All migrants

RE: The +lead cage+

SURE, FEEL FREE TO JUST LIVE THERE. HELL, LICK IT. I HAVE ABSOLUTELY ZERO EXPECTATIONS OF YOU ANYWAY. THROW A PARTY WHILE YOU'RE AT IT, I WASN'T USING THOSE 500 BARRELS OF WINE ANYWAY.
Urist McShrodinger likes unobservable properties for their haunting implications.

Knick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 24, 2010, 08:52:13 am »

Dear Urist McPeasent

I appreciate your desire to be useful, and zeal in gathering stray items of value.

But don't you think the sight of a dismembered fisherdwarf floating in a blood-stained river might be a bit of a hint that things are not quite right?  When you saw your comrades pulled screaming into the water, to be torn limb from limb--did that not give you pause for thought--that perhaps a carp-infested river is not the safest place for a dwarf?

Yours, etc.
The Management
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day.  Light a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.
The great Dwarfen Philosopher Urist McConfused said it best:  "Light a kitten on fire and it will run screaming into the booze stockpile and catch the whole fort up.  I know, we tested it in twelve different forts and it always happened."

ledgekindred

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh Boy, Microcline
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 24, 2010, 11:44:19 am »

To the soldiers of Eagleorbs:

Please put two boots on.  We have many perfectly nice steel boots for you.  And look!  They will go on either foot!  I am wondering why you have not learned a lesson from your two fellow soldiers who now have injuries to their feet during that last puny ambush, and your other fellow who got his foot stomped on -- and broken -- by an unarmed "training goblin."  Perhaps this is some kind of hazing ritual, but please, please put shoes on when it's time to go fight. 

P.S.  Why do you all refuse to wear a left boot?

To the marksdwarves of Eagleorbs:

Frankly I'm mystified.  The only reason I can think of for you to not shoot at the goblins on the other side of the fortifications at which you are stationed is because you are laughing too hard at their panic over the fact that a quarter of their number got caged and another half got turned into goblinburger from our steel discs.  I note that you have your crossbows at hand and a quiver full of the lovely iron bolts we made for you, yet you seem content to stand around and chit-chat rather than take advantage of the perfectly good target practice running around in the front yard. 

P.S. I'm not sure if this is more or less annoying than when you use those iron bolts at the archery range, despite being told not to, and despite the fact that we have nearly a thousand wooden bolts within arms' reach of the archery targets.

To the entire military:
The eyeless lizard with the three stubby horns that keeps trying to shoot webs out of its cage is the plains titan Omus Resmath Oslukakusm and he shall be your next target practice subject.  I suggest you a) put shoes on and b) figure out which bit goes into the other bit to make your crossbow work.

Yrs.
Your Fortress Overlord Esq.
I don't understand, though that is about right with anything DF related.
I just hope he dies the same death that all dwarfs deserve: liver disease.
The legend of Reg: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=65866.0
Atir Stigildegel, Legless Hero of Diamondrelic: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=83136.0

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 24, 2010, 11:59:20 am »

Note to my military squad dwarves, well the ones that are always alive :

I can understand that you all have some bizarre fetish with toes and fingers, but it is important that you stop trying to hit speargoblins toes and fingers with your shields and start hitting their heads with your shiny axes.

Dahenk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 24, 2010, 12:10:28 pm »

Dear Urist McMason

When building a wall to seal off a terrifying underground cave, filled with horrific forgotten beasts and weird monsters with five razorteeth filled mouths, at least TRY to position yourself on the safe side?

Knick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 24, 2010, 09:39:59 pm »

Memo to:  Wrestler Squad, the Fenced Diversions, Barrack A

Gentlemen:

Please refrain from tearing off your comrades' armour and clothing while sparring in the barracks.  The human trade liaison was very upset at the display.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day.  Light a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.
The great Dwarfen Philosopher Urist McConfused said it best:  "Light a kitten on fire and it will run screaming into the booze stockpile and catch the whole fort up.  I know, we tested it in twelve different forts and it always happened."

lordofhyphens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 24, 2010, 11:26:02 pm »

To Whom it May Concern:

Please just drop the vermin corpses in the designated magma pit instead of the refuse pile.
"Extinction is not an option."

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 25, 2010, 12:03:48 am »

Memo to:  Wrestler Squad, the Fenced Diversions, Barrack A

Gentlemen:

Please refrain from tearing off your comrades' armour and clothing while sparring in the barracks.  The human trade liaison was very upset at the display.
The Gloved Loves?

ungulateman

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: haunting moos]
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 25, 2010, 03:49:22 am »

To the military:

If you won't let me pick your squad names, generate some decent random names.

Honestly.

Yours,
Armok
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

bremarv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 26, 2010, 03:24:36 pm »

Dear Urist McTiredWorker:
While I understand that work can be tiring, especially the hauling stones for walls, some would say the area designated for said wall is an innapropriate place to take a break. Especially when the wall is ment to funnel the goblin ambush into our traps, thus saving dwarfs.

As a reward for choosing where to take a break with so much care, you have been promoted to leader of the GADS, or Goblin Ambush Diversion Squad.

Hope you are good at running.

Dear Urist McDedicatedHauler:
While your dedication to doing the tasks assigned to you are appreciated, the alarms signaling goblin attacks are usually not sounded for fun. Hope you won't be too dissapointed at the bridges being up when you return.
the future isn't the present on steroids. The future is a mutated bacteria that you never saw coming. - Annalee Newitz
there are certain rooms that should not have lava moats. Namely danger room, and daycare rooms.
I prefer dwarves for some things. Like not laying eggs.

lordofhyphens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 30, 2010, 08:18:07 am »

To Urist McMayor,

Slade does not exist, except in the confines of your small mind. While barring exports of it is acceptable, any tyrannical attempts to mandate construction of items out of a fantasy stone will result in your immediate and swift deposing.

Signed,
Imeshcatten Craftsdwarfs Guild
"Extinction is not an option."
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 504