Poll

Will you be attending the next session?

Yes
- 9 (39.1%)
No
- 14 (60.9%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 160

Author Topic: D&D: The mercenaries - Game Concluding  (Read 125962 times)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
Re: D&D: The Mercenaries - Not on Hiatus
« Reply #1035 on: December 22, 2010, 06:44:00 pm »

If anyone is fleeing, it's going to be the lone character that can revive everyone. I'm just going to need your fingernails.

As far as killing Ficus, I say we go the instant death route. I'm not sure we can beat him on his home turf, so we need to use our (Eafoth's) knowledge of vampire slaying to disadvantage him as much as possible. They can't cross running water, so we'll need some decanters of endless water. They are instantly destroyed by the spell Anger of the Noonday Sun, assuming they fail a reflex save. If we get one (or more!) of those gauntlets I posted before, we could evaporate him before he gets a chance to move.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: December 22, 2010, 08:46:35 pm »

I didn't think that Eberron even had gods... Lets kill them, it'll be fun!
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: December 22, 2010, 10:30:22 pm »

Toto, I don't think we're in Eberron anymore.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Reese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: December 22, 2010, 11:23:44 pm »

this next session will have huge plot consequenses (Gods will live and die based on your actions) and I will want (nearly) everyone there.

Interesting.

If this is the case, we need to work on planning our actions in advance.  The goal, obviously, is to kill Ficus and...  whatshisname.  However, that will likely prove to backfire, unless someone can come up with a good plan for killing two people who, if I recall, are far more powerful than we are.

The other thing we want is TO PROTECT THE GODS.  Bad things will happen if we don't.  This means that we may have to make some sacrifices.  Certain people might have to stay behind to buy time for others.  We just have to decide WHO if it should come to that.  If not, we need to at least figure a few things out before hand, and pray that we can actually outsmart these guys.

We know we are about to burst in on them, they've only had 30 seconds to several minutes to flee while we fought their summoned monsters.

We'll have the advantage of pre-buffing (got two bulls strength right here; guaranteed to last 9 minutes to the casting! get 'em while they're hot! also a couple fox's cunning, though that probably only useful to Zook, since I and the new girl both have headbands of intellect, and I know mine gives a better bonus than the spell can.)
« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 11:31:35 pm by Reese »
All glory to the Hypno-Toady!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: December 23, 2010, 12:44:46 am »

ooops, my bad, just so long as we don't hurt that awesome orc god, orcs need more gods...
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: December 23, 2010, 01:34:52 am »

Gruumsh is a pretty cruel guy. He has one eye and doesn't afraid of anything.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: December 23, 2010, 04:36:06 am »

But there was that lady god with all the orcs and the huge empire of slaves, she sounds like fun, also a lot like my old boss...
Read the First Post!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: December 23, 2010, 10:43:53 am »

Oh, right, the one that was locked in a hole for eons. Those are always the best.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: December 23, 2010, 04:59:11 pm »

We know we are about to burst in on them, they've only had 30 seconds to several minutes to flee while we fought their summoned monsters.

We'll have the advantage of pre-buffing (got two bulls strength right here; guaranteed to last 9 minutes to the casting! get 'em while they're hot! also a couple fox's cunning, though that probably only useful to Zook...

*quickly checks char sheet* Apparently I don't have any int-buffing items equipped, so if you can cast Fox's Cunning on Cerrad, he'd do 2 extra damage on each attack.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: December 23, 2010, 06:40:24 pm »

Technically you could raise my Charisma and I'd do more damage per hit, but I don't use my maces very often.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Reese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: December 23, 2010, 08:20:52 pm »

well, whoever two it will benefit; I only have bull's strength and Fox's cunning for buff spells, and two of each memorized.

(knock and pyrotechnics are not turning out to be so useful after all... never the less, I have two knock spells as well, and pyrotechnics can be useful for a smoke screen to disrupt our enemies before the combat starts.)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: December 23, 2010, 09:04:57 pm »

I don't think that bears can wield the classic strength items...
Read the First Post!

Reese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: December 23, 2010, 11:02:42 pm »

I don't think that bears can wield the classic strength items...

yeah, no on the gauntlets of ogre power, but...

belt?

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: December 23, 2010, 11:32:24 pm »

You know that my gloves are always on fire, right? We could do some crazy shit with pyrotechnics.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Reese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: December 24, 2010, 12:27:48 am »

You know that my gloves are always on fire, right? We could do some crazy shit with pyrotechnics.

There's a possibility... granted, you'll be in the middle of the effect and subject to the blinding flash or smoke cloud as well...

And I just realized that Pyrotechnics can serve as a substitute for quench on a small scale... (and I realized this because quench is the next spell in the PHB...)
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 160