Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 70

Author Topic: Staggered Magi RTD [Turn 64: Plenty of Power, Lack of Control]  (Read 91079 times)

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
Re: Staggered Magi RTD [Turn 19: A Wild Plant Mage Appears!]
« Reply #225 on: August 05, 2010, 02:14:33 am »

Pinch myself and stop setting fire to my body.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Staggered Magi RTD [Turn 19: A Wild Plant Mage Appears!]
« Reply #226 on: August 05, 2010, 07:07:55 pm »

Turn 20: Reverse Flame Shot, Multiple Hits!

Quote from: Tarran
Since we've got this awesom healing mist, I read my book and cast a random fire spell in a random direction away from anyone else.
[1][Luck 1] You cast Split Flame directly at everyone else, including yourself, by somehow inverting the spell while facing the opposite direction. Spread [6]. The fact that you're between the origin and the targets does nothing.
Minor fire damage dealt to all allies except Seymore and Nathan and self. Most now Lightly Wounded.
+1 Destruction

Quote from: wolfchild
Figgure a way to quickly cast spells in the middle of attacking, specifically a small crystal swarm
[4+1][Luck 2] You masterfully conjure a flurry of crystals mid-attack, but the aim is terrible, and you're not sure how useful it'd be in combat.
+2 Summoning

Quote from: Ochita
I carve a rune of weeping water on the gold coin. I then try to carve a rune of power on the other side.
Rune [2+1][Luck 5], Water [1+1][Luck 3]. You carve the correct rune on one side of the coin, taking advantage of its own decorations to supplement it, but it isn't quite correct to trigger the effect, and no water begins seeping from it.
+2 Runecrafting

Combine Seed Burst and Gentle Direction ( to figure out what they do, you see ) and cast the spell away from everyone else
[4][Luck 4] You combine the two effects into a seed burst spell that actively seeks the target and grants greater control over the effect. As a result, it can be aimed more precisely, misses less, and the resulting plants do what you want for longer and with more precision.
+3 Plant
New Spell: Seeking Seeds

Quote from: Paranatural
Butcher some of the dead demons, collecting anything that looks useful. I know their eyes, but anything else would be good, too.

Then experiment with another eye, I want to see if I can use it to see what the demons have seen. Maybe I could combine it with the
crystalline white stones?
[4][Luck 2] You butcher the demons for their eyes, but can't figure out if any other part of them could be useful. You can keep chunks of skin, horn, bone, tooth, or claw if you'd like, though. Alchemy [5][Luck 5], Earth Magic [1+2][Luck 3]. You masterfully combine an eye and rock, but your earth magic is only adequate. Nonetheless, it turns into a black goo you can almost see shapes within, as though something's reflecting on the surface...
+2 Alchemy
Mystery Potion Created.

Quote from: Frelock
Attempt to become invisible via bending light.
[4][Luck 5] You manage to bend light around you. It doesn't render you invisible, but it does obscure you with a brilliant rainbow.
+3 Light Magic
Now Apprentice Light Mage
New Spell: Rainbow Shield

Quote from: RandomNumberGenerator
Activate Lightning Edge and go hunt more demons!
[2][Luck 4] You fail to sheath your weapon in lightning, but you think you know what went wrong.
+1 Lightning

Quote from: HmH
Pinch myself and stop setting fire to my body.
[2] You fail to stop setting yourself on fire, as that sounds like something a wuss would do. Someone who wasn't man enough to develop two separate spells to blow something up as you're right next to it. Fortunately, as there are no enemies around, you opt to wait for later to develop some incredibly self-harming spell.

You all presumably head further north as you experiment with your magic, running into an odd sight. A tall, armored elf wielding a halberd. He looks surprised to see you as well, and perhaps a bit sad that you're not flesheating monsters he can carve up.

It collectively occurs to you all that practicing your spells in the middle of demon-infested territory is likely to end badly at some point or another.

Spoiler: Nathan (HmH) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sargoth (Paranatural) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ochita/Bel (Ochita) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Fre Ericson (Frelock) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tarran (Tarran) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Flagro (Flagrarus) (click to show/hide)

Anyone may suggest actions for Ochita once he's gone; I'll go with the "best" one.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Staggered Magi RTD [Turn 20: Reverse Flame Shot, Multiple Hits!]
« Reply #227 on: August 05, 2010, 07:16:22 pm »

Goddammit. SORRY GUYS! :P

Ask the elf if he knows where some demons are.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: August 05, 2010, 07:28:59 pm »

Hail elf! Me and my companions are seeking a demon cave and we were wondering if you knew where it was. As a free action I disbelive the elf and carve another weeping water onto the otherside of the coin.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: August 05, 2010, 07:49:38 pm »

I reach through the ether, and call a wyvern to serve as my mount
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: August 05, 2010, 08:13:57 pm »

Sigh, Mass cure light wounds!
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: August 05, 2010, 10:15:23 pm »

Tuck the potion away and talk to Fre, seeing if he can teach me some of that restoration magic as he casts his spell.

Speak to the elf, ask him what he knows of the demons as watch him for signs of summoning more.

Damn hippie elves, always with the summoning of demons.
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

Flagrarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: August 05, 2010, 11:09:10 pm »

Ignore the elf while reading from my book, trying to find something that might restrain a demon, or failing that some awesome runes
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 05:39:26 am by Flagrarus »
I've had my name said wrong at least 10 times so far in my whole forum life.
Oh, HORROR! This is clearly a travesty of untold proportions! The typo gods truly have brought their wrath down upon this poor man!

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: August 06, 2010, 01:30:38 am »

Try to develop a stance that increases my Luck roll in spellcasting. Or at least grants me a failguard.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 03:12:44 am by HmH »

Flagrarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: August 06, 2010, 05:55:18 am »

Oh, and as Ochita's action:

If the elf is not hostile, cast Healing Mists again.

...If he is, freeze him in a block of ice.
Oh, HORROR! This is clearly a travesty of untold proportions! The typo gods truly have brought their wrath down upon this poor man!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: August 06, 2010, 06:01:22 am »

Urm... Ochita already posted his turn.

Hail elf! Me and my companions are seeking a demon cave and we were wondering if you knew where it was. As a free action I disbelive the elf and carve another weeping water onto the otherside of the coin.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Flagrarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: August 06, 2010, 06:32:37 am »

Urm... Ochita already posted his turn.

Uh...oh, yeah. Wow. I figured he would be gone by now  :P

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: August 06, 2010, 08:28:35 am »

Bang my halberd against the ground trying to get it to turn on.

That always works on TV when scrying. 
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: August 09, 2010, 08:43:37 pm »

Turn 21: Ow, ow, ow

Quote from: Tarran
Ask the elf if he knows where some demons are.
[4][Luck 1] The elf seems to mostly ignore you, but it almost seems like he rolls his eyes at your question, as though it's stupid to ask where demons are in this demon-infested wasteland.

Quote from: Ochita
As a free action I disbelive the elf and carve another weeping water onto the otherside of the coin.
[6][Luck 4] THERE IS NO ELF AND THERE NEVER WAS AN ELF, ANYONE WHO DISAGREES IS AN ELF SYMPATHIZER. That aside, you carry on as though nothing had happened. Rune [4+1][Luck 5], Water [5+1][Luck 1] You masterfully carve the opposite side of the coin in such a way that it powers the reverse runes as well. The water magic is excessively applied, however, resulting in a coin that slowly entombs itself and whatever it's touching in frost instead.
+3 Runecrafting
Gold Coin carved into Coin of Growing Frost
New Spell: Rune of Growing Frost

Quote from: wolfchild
I reach through the ether, and call a wyvern to serve as my mount
[5][Luck 4] You masterfully summon a rather large wyvern. It looks somewhat like a dragon, but with no front legs and a long barbed tail. [4-1][Luck 6] It grunts at you disdainfully when you suggest it let you ride it, then snatches you up in its mouth, leaving it open a crack so you can see. Well, at least you're fairly safe...
+4 Summoning
New Spell: Summon Wyvern
Minion summoned: Wyvern

Quote from: Frelock
Sigh, Mass cure light wounds!
[3][Luck 1] You can't channel very much energy correctly, and what you do channel doesn't come out like you planned.
Pain inflicted on Nathan, Tarran, and Ochita.

Quote from: Paranatural
Tuck the potion away and talk to Fre, seeing if he can teach me some of that restoration magic as he casts his spell.
[2-1][Luck 2] You fail miserably to learn anything from Fre's failure, but that doesn't stop you from slightly injuring yourself trying.
Minor damage dealt to self.

Quote from: Flagrarus
Ignore the elf while reading from my book, trying to find something that might restrain a demon, or failing that some awesome runes
[6][Luck 5] Well, uh... there's this one ritual it talks about, where, uh... you summon vines from beneath the ground, and they grow together into a tree around the target, sealing them within the wood. Sounds a bit... advanced, especially since you suspect there's no innate roots or vines around here.

Quote from: HmH
Try to develop a stance that increases my Luck roll in spellcasting. Or at least grants me a failguard.
[6-1][Luck 4] It occurs to you that the issue with most destruction magic isn't that it goes wrong, it's that it goes right on the wrong target. You figure out a way to channel bad things into your dagger as a last-ditch attempt. Speaking of your dagger, it's slowly eating through your hand, and would probably do the same to whatever you put it in.
Minor damage taken from dagger.
New Stance: Dagger Focus Stance

Quote from: RandomNumberGenerator
Bang my halberd against the ground trying to get it to turn on.
[2][Luck 5] Banging it on the ground doesn't do anything but make it spark. On the bright side, you notice a pack of demons... just standing there? The humans you ran into didn't seem to see them either. Come to think of it, the demons are standing in the direction of the closest (and most southern) demon hub, did they come from there?

There appears to be a pack of five demons, just standing there. This is highly unusual from what you've heard and experienced- normally seeing you and trying to brutally murder you go hand in hand as far as demons are concerned.

Spoiler: Nathan (HmH) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sargoth (Paranatural) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ochita/Bel (Ochita) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Fre Ericson (Frelock) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tarran (Tarran) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Flagro (Flagrarus) (click to show/hide)

Sorry for the delay, been busy. I'm not certain, but I believe being in a stance will limit your casting or weapon skill to one higher than the other, meaning they'll be somewhat less practical unless you regularly use a weapon.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
Re: Staggered Magi RTD [Turn 21: Ow, ow, ow]
« Reply #239 on: August 09, 2010, 09:08:52 pm »

Well then, let's try a simple cure light wounds on HmH.
All generalizations are false....including this one.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 70