Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 70

Author Topic: Staggered Magi RTD [Turn 64: Plenty of Power, Lack of Control]  (Read 91085 times)

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
Re: Staggered Magi RTD [Turn 22: Olympic Demons]
« Reply #255 on: August 12, 2010, 03:55:08 am »

I run along and cast Lightning Blast on the demons.
Ochita: Follow the group. If ambushed but not directly attacked, carve Rune of Weeping Water on the ground.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Staggered Magi RTD [Turn 22: Olympic Demons]
« Reply #256 on: August 12, 2010, 06:38:36 pm »

Turn 23: You Suck At Running

Quote from: Tarran
Look around me for a temple/altar dedicated to a warrior god. Preferably not an evil one.
[2-1][Luck 1] Looks like a barren red wasteland. Curious that there's no non-evil temples around. At least you manage to wander off away from the group.
Pain fades.

Quote from: Paranatural
Follow the Demons, try to catch one in a cage made of stone, complete with roof.
Chase [2] vs [4]. Those demons are hauling, and because of your late start you can't manage to get close enough to trap them. Curses.

Quote from: Flagrarus
Use my new powers of glowing to grow underground roots all the way after the demons, that sprout up around them and trap them.
Chase [5] vs [6] Their lead gives them the advantage, and they run slightly faster than you can follow. [1][Luck 4] You use your built-up energy to lash out with vines, trying to catch them over the long distance anyway, and manage to ensnare XXXXX. At least he's just immobilized, not hurt.

Quote from: wolfchild
Follow the demons, have the wyvern harass them as we catch up
[5-1][Luck 6] The wyvern is convinced to rush the demons. Wyvern Chase [3] vs [6], Seymore Chase [2] vs [1]. The wyvern takes to the sky but can't quite haul its bulk to the demons, while your sprinting on foot brings you almost within reach. Then Flagro wraps you up in immobilizing vines.

Quote from: Frelock
Cure light wounds on Terran
[4+1][Luck 6] You channel healing power into the Terran known as Tarzan, healing his admittedly minor wounds completely.
+3 Restoration
Now Adept at Restoration
Tarran is now at full health.

Quote from: HmH
I run along and cast Lightning Blast on the demons.
Chase [4] vs [5] The demons mostly manage to outrun you, but lightning has a long reach. [3+2-1][Luck 6] You manage to bowl one of the demons over into tripping two of its comrades. The smoking culprit isn't dead, however.
+3 Destruction
No longer suffering from Pain

Quote from: Ochita's Evil Twin
Follow the group!
[2] vs [4]. Ochita follows along, unable to catch up to the demons either.

Quote from: RandomNumberGenerator
AutoPilot: Kill
[3] vs [1] Unlike the rest of you, Thorontur sprints after the demons successfully, lashing at one from behind. [5+2] vs [5] He carves into one's back and shoulders, but it doesn't go down.

The one Thorontur injured and one healthy one continue to run, while the one Nathan hit with lightning and its two companions jump up and begin continuing to run. Their lapse has given you an advantage in catching them, however.

You also notice they're fleeing towards a rocky outcropping; it could very well be big enough to have caves or hide a small army.

RNG got autopiloted because he was the only one missing and there's nothing to do anyway. As apology for two boring turns in a row, I'll throw in an exciting revelation:

Quote from: maxicaxi
Nooooooooooo!
You pop out of your prison, landing a bit harshly in a metal box. The lid is promptly slammed over the top. Wait a second... you remember your spell going horribly wrong, how'd you get out? And what now?

Immediately after the lid comes down, you feel an oppressive force, and you realize your necromancy is being suppressed. Feeling around the box leads you to believe it's a slightly crudely-made metal box around four or five feet per side, being longer in one direction and shorter height-wise. The metal feels a tad lumpy, but the roof certainly doesn't seem like it's going to come loose. Your possessions are still on you, oddly enough.

There's a loud clang from something hitting the box, and a gutteral voice begins speaking. You realize it almost sounds like the voice a talking corpse would have.

"What do you know, mortal? Agony awaits you should you fail." It doesn't sound like a reasonable sort of creature, and it might even be insane. What do you do?

Spoiler: Nathan (HmH) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sargoth (Paranatural) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ochita/Bel (Ochita) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Fre Ericson (Frelock) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tarran (Tarran) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Flagro (Flagrarus) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Max Smith (maxicaxi) (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Staggered Magi RTD [Turn 23: You Suck At Running]
« Reply #257 on: August 12, 2010, 06:47:09 pm »

IvoryOwl, you and Freelock suck. :P

Search for the group, and, if I get the chance, chase after the demons.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: August 12, 2010, 07:12:21 pm »

Summon an obstruction which forces the demons to turn arround
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: August 12, 2010, 08:49:40 pm »

Continue after the demons. If we approach the caves, bring the earthen opening down, closed, sealing the caves. 
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: August 12, 2010, 09:02:20 pm »

Pick up a huge rock and shrapnel the hell out of these demons.
Ochita: Condense and freeze water in the clouds somewhere above the demon nest, hopefully resulting in a hail.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: August 12, 2010, 11:57:12 pm »

Take a moment's respite from mindless killing and shoot lightning at demons, while in my grounded stance just in case something goes wrong.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: August 13, 2010, 12:48:58 am »

Use Restoration Magic from a distance to give the fleeing demons cancer!  (cancer is simply the uncontrolled regeneration of cells, after all)
All generalizations are false....including this one.

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: August 13, 2010, 04:11:39 am »

Realising i must thread carefully
i say: what sort of knowledge great one?
Of the humans you wish to crush?
Of what skills i have?
Of the force that runs the universe, Magic?
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 04:14:37 am by maxicaxi »
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

Flagrarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: August 13, 2010, 09:04:04 am »

Grow a circle of brambles around the closest demons, preventing them from escaping.
I've had my name said wrong at least 10 times so far in my whole forum life.
Oh, HORROR! This is clearly a travesty of untold proportions! The typo gods truly have brought their wrath down upon this poor man!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: August 13, 2010, 04:14:53 pm »

Turn 24: Treasure Hunter

Quote from: Tarran
Search for the group, and, if I get the chance, chase after the demons.
[1][Luck 5] You fail miserably at finding your way back to the group, instead stumbling upon some sort of treasure cache. Man, this sucks.
+2 Treasure Hunter
Gold Coins found.
Deep Red Gem found.
Nice Cigar Box (contains small yellow gems and tiny scroll) found.
Small Yellow Gems (in cigar box) found.
Tiny Scroll (in cigar box) found.
Statuette found.

Quote from: wolfchild
Summon an obstruction which forces the demons to turn arround
[5][Luck 6] You conjure a cascading wave of glue in front of the demons. It washes forward, trapping them all. And some of your allies. *cough*
+3 Summoning
New Spell: Wave of Glue

Quote from: Paranatural
Continue after the demons. If we approach the caves, bring the earthen opening down, closed, sealing the caves. 
[4] vs [4] You chase after the demons, mostly avoiding Seymore's glue wave. It still catches your ankles, however, and you find it hard to slog through the stuff to get closer. At least the demons aren't going anywhere either.

Quote from: HmH
Pick up a huge rock and shrapnel the hell out of these demons.
[2] You fail to find an adequately sized rock, settling for a fist-sized stone. [4+2][Luck 5] You burst the stone with a thunderous boom, and it utterly shreds one of the closer demons.
+3 Destruction
Demon slain.

Quote from: RandomNumberGenerator
Take a moment's respite from mindless killing and shoot lightning at demons, while in my grounded stance just in case something goes wrong.
[2][Luck 4] You assume your grounding stance, but it turns out to be a waste- you can't properly focus the power to blast demons.

Quote from: Frelock
Use Restoration Magic from a distance to give the fleeing demons cancer!  (cancer is simply the uncontrolled regeneration of cells, after all)
[1][Luck 4] You massively boost the demons' regeneration. Or try to, at least- it doesn't seem to affect them, as though they're not living to begin with.
+1 Restoration

Quote from: Flagrarus
Grow a circle of brambles around the closest demons, preventing them from escaping.
[2][Luck 6] You toss the seeds necessary well short, growing a small bramble barrier between you and the demons. Ironically, this protects you from being stuck by the glue wave.
+1 Plant Magic

Quote from: Ochita's Evil Twin
Condense and freeze water in the clouds somewhere above the demon nest, hopefully resulting in a hail.
[6][Luck 6] Ochita manages to create stormclouds out of nothing above the demons, being too far away to really affect the supposed nest. They promptly begin pouring intense rain over the area, washing away the glue, muddying the soil, and mixing the glue and mud together. Strange how something can be more and less stuck at the same time.
+4 Water Magic
New Spell: Summon Rainstorm

Quote from: maxicaxi
Realising i must thread carefully
i say: what sort of knowledge great one?
Of the humans you wish to crush?
Of what skills i have?
Of the force that runs the universe, Magic?

You hear laughter, of a sort- far, far less human than the voice that spoke to you before, and resonating a sort of power.

The earlier voice continues, but sounds more powerful or forceful now: "Yesss, 'Great One.' Tell usz, mortaaal. The mortals that now scurry towards the demonsss... What are they? Power and greed and feelings must we know. Tell us of those... friends, of yours?"

"And tell us, mortal... what do you want? Power? Hmmmmm?"

As it finishes that last part, you think you hear something outside the box. It almost sounds like water swishing around, but it's fairly faint.

Not long after, some sort of crackling sound starts up in a different direction. You're not sure what to make of either sound, but the crackling sounds like it could be some sort of magical energy.

Spoiler: Nathan (HmH) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sargoth (Paranatural) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ochita/Bel (Ochita) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Fre Ericson (Frelock) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tarran (Tarran) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Flagro (Flagrarus) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Max Smith (maxicaxi) (click to show/hide)

As a reminder, there's a polearm-injured and uninjured demon a bit ahead, but still trapped in glue-mud, and a lightning-injured and uninjured demon a bit closer to you, also in glue-mud. Sargoth is somewhat trapped or slowed as well, but also pretty close to the near demons. The rest of you are outside the glue wave or just barely stuck, but you'll likely need to make a roll to advance closer. Tarran is off somewhere, though nobody's quite sure where.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Staggered Magi RTD [Turn 24: Treasure Hunter]
« Reply #266 on: August 13, 2010, 04:22:45 pm »

Damnit.

Raise a cage of stone spikes around the demons closest to me, complete with roof.
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: August 13, 2010, 04:47:21 pm »

Best. Fail. EVER.

Once again, search for the group.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Flagrarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: August 13, 2010, 05:45:48 pm »

Inspect the demons. And talk to them while doing it.
I've had my name said wrong at least 10 times so far in my whole forum life.
Oh, HORROR! This is clearly a travesty of untold proportions! The typo gods truly have brought their wrath down upon this poor man!

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: August 13, 2010, 06:13:49 pm »

Send wyvern to attack the second closest demon, advance to the border of the glue-mud and spray the closest demon with crystal shards
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 70